Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sunday April 27th) Last 16 !

Postby Skullman

edwards2000 wrote:Going to be interesting now... how much he pushes the boat out. Looking like he will definitely make the 100 this match now, though.

Best to have it out of the way and out of his mind before he gets to the business end of the tournament.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:Assuming Dale wins one frame tomorrow, has he got any chance of beating Hawkins?

Imagine Dale in the semis.

I don't see why not, his mind is in a good place. The crowd love him and rightly so. Lovely bloke. And he's got a cue collection I'm very jealous of :spot on: Can he play well for the length of a semi without having too many dips and without those dips being prolongued? If so, then who knows. I don't see Hawkins as an unbeatable player. He had a good run last year, but was that a one-off?

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:Going to be interesting now... how much he pushes the boat out. Looking like he will definitely make the 100 this match now, though.

Best to have it out of the way and out of his mind before he gets to the business end of the tournament.

if he gets to the next round he has plenty of chances best to forget it and take each frames as they come

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:

if he gets to the next round he has plenty of chances best to forget it and take each frames as they come

If.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:Joe Johnson may not be the most knowledgable commentator in the world, but I prefer him to the majority of the BBC mob.

The knowledge is the job of the other commentator, and few know more than Hendon.

Postby edwards2000

SnookerFan wrote:Joe Johnson may not be the most knowledgable commentator in the world, but I prefer him to the majority of the BBC mob.

The BBC certainly haven't asked the majority what they want... they've basically foisted these old dinosaurs on us, whether we like it or not. Clive Everton beats this lot. Taylor and Thorne are crap, and I want to strangle Virgo. Hendry is my second favourite commentator though without a doubt!

Griffiths could also put a whiz-head to sleep.
Last edited by edwards2000 on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.