Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sunday April 27th) Last 16 !

Postby Andy Spark

I think this year the standard of commentating from the BBC is the worst ever. "Oh, that red doesn't pot"-It DOES! "No, not in"- it IS in! Then there are the times when you see the shot they will play almost immediately and the commentators can't see it until the player actually gets down to play the shot.

Postby Cannonball

Andy Spark wrote:I think this year the standard of commentating from the BBC is the worst ever. "Oh, that red doesn't pot"-It DOES! "No, not in"- it IS in! Then there are the times when you see the shot they will play almost immediately and the commentators can't see it until the player actually gets down to play the shot.

:spot on: That's why I like Davis, he calls big shots before I've thought of them or the players have got down. Folk like Taylor and Griff couldn't play half the shots of today, so it's no surprise they get so much wrong, commenting on a game they've hardly played.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:Robbo goes 9-7, barring snookers.

Think that's a fair reflection as Robbo was much better in the latter part of the session.

Maybe, but I think 8-8 would have been fair, think Robbo got the run of the ball.

Postby Andy Spark

Cannonball wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I think this year the standard of commentating from the BBC is the worst ever. "Oh, that red doesn't pot"-It DOES! "No, not in"- it IS in! Then there are the times when you see the shot they will play almost immediately and the commentators can't see it until the player actually gets down to play the shot.

:spot on: That's why I like Davis, he calls big shots before I've thought of them or the players have got down. Folk like Taylor and Griff couldn't play half the shots of today, so it's no surprise they get so much wrong, commenting on a game they've hardly played.

Davis is OK, but I think Eurosport have the best commentators, Foulds is really good.

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:Davis is OK, but I think Eurosport have the best commentators, Foulds is really good.

Have a feeling Foulds (and Yates) are done for the championship. And Angles progressing to the quarters means they go without him as well.

Wonder why ES never considering asking Clive? :chin: