Post a reply

Re: The Main Contenders

Postby SnookerFan

Trumpster wrote:Ok, it was a bit tongue in cheek. But having thought about it, there is merit and logic to my argument. In boxing, the king is the king, you fight him where he wants and when he wants, if you're lucky enough to win enough matches to earn the right. Snooker is very 1 on 1, like boxing, so I say, let them play off for the right to play Ronnie, and lets have the best of 71 frames final as well, played over a two week period. Game on.

I've got a good idea.

They should make snooker more like the X-Factor. That's quite popular. Each player could come out, play a few trick shots and then the fans at home vote who is their favourite. The one with the least amount of votes can go home each week. It could last several months.

In fact, they should just not play snoker at all. I'd rather see Ronnie, Selby and Robertson attempting to sing anyway. Ronnie could tell us about his dad going to prison, there's always a sob story....

For added "entertainment", we could have Simon Cowell hosting it, and acting like a hammer. Works for the X-Factor.

:mosh2:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Trumpster wrote:Ok, it was a bit tongue in cheek. But having thought about it, there is merit and logic to my argument. In boxing, the king is the king, you fight him where he wants and when he wants, if you're lucky enough to win enough matches to earn the right. Snooker is very 1 on 1, like boxing, so I say, let them play off for the right to play Ronnie, and lets have the best of 71 frames final as well, played over a two week period. Game on.

I've got a good idea.

They should make snooker more like the X-Factor. That's quite popular. Each player could come out, play a few trick shots and then the fans at home vote who is their favourite. The one with the least amount of votes can go home each week. It could last several months.

In fact, they should just not play snoker at all. I'd rather see Ronnie, Selby and Robertson attempting to sing anyway. Ronnie could tell us about his dad going to prison, there's always a sob story....

For added "entertainment", we could have Simon Cowell hosting it, and acting like a hammer. Works for the X-Factor.

:mosh2:

<laugh> :D

You should pitch that idea to Barry Hearn. He might like it.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Michael Wasley, for the win. :D

I meant Dominic Dale. He's the man for the job. :D

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Michael Wasley, for the win. :D

I meant Dominic Dale. He's the man for the job. :D

This time on Wednesday you'll probably be saying Hawkins.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This time on Wednesday you'll probably be saying Hawkins.

I stand by my predictions. :no:

Until I am wrong. :emb: