Topic locked

Dafabet World Championship (Tue April 29th) Quarter Finals !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 19th of April~Monday 5th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

The Quarter Final line up is complete and over the Next 2 Days they will play for a place in a semi final.

The only surprises in the draw is Dominic Dale and Alan McManus the other 6 players have shown over the last years why they are the Best players in the World.

The Quarter Final line up is full of players thats won Ranking Events and no fewer than 3 World Champions, 5 UK Champions and 4 Masters Champions.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 29th of April

10am

Barry Hawkins v Dominic Dale 2-2
Mark Selby v Alan McManus 1-1

2.30pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Shaun Murphy O'Sullivan 8-2
Judd Trump v Neil Robertson Trump leads 10-9

7pm

Barry Hawkins v Dominic Dale 2-2
Mark Selby v Alan McManus 1-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Tue April 29th) Quarter Fina

Postby PLtheRef

Make sure you predict. The way the contest is going, every single match is vital

Table after conclusion of the Second Round - 24/31 Matches Played
149 CLOUD STRIFE 19 - 3
145 SAVOMILOSEVIC 21 - 0
143 JMAL1 19 - 4
140 WILDEY 18 - 5
139 RANDAM05 WC 18 - 4
136 ALEX0PAUL 18 - 3
135 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 18 - 2
131 THECLEAVER 18 - 1
128 HOLDENCHINASKI 16 - 4
127 SLOWJOE 17 - 3
126 SMART 16 - 3
124 SKULLMAN 17 - 2
124 PLTHEREF 16 - 2
113 ANDRE147 16 - 1
112 JADECHELSEA 14 - 3
111 SUNDAYGIRL 15 - 2
111 DRLOG147 15 - 2
108 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 15 - 1
106 KOLOMPAR 14 - 3
105 GJ 12 - 3
103 CONORS9 14 - 0
101 AYRSHIREBHOY 14 - 0
101 VODKADIET 13 - 4
97 JDM375 13 - 2
96 AC OR LT? 12 - 2
95 NICE_SHOES_KEN 13 - 1
86 SNOOKY147 11 - 3
80 MEDHI99 10 - 1
60 GNOMY 9 - 0

Maximum score 255

WINNERS REMAINING
ALEX0PAUL SELBY
SKULLMAN O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
NICE_SHOES_KEN TRUMP
HOLDENCHINASKI O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
AYRSHIREBHOY MURPHY ROBERTSON
WILDEY O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
JDM375 TRUMP
JMAL1 O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
VODKADIET SELBY
MEDHI99 O'SULLIVAN
SNOOKY147 MURPHY
CONORS9 O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
SNOOKER OVERDRIVE O'SULLIVAN TRUMP
BORIS_THE_BUTCHER O'SULLIVAN
KOLOMPAR O'SULLIVAN TRUMP
SLOWJOE O'SULLIVAN
JADECHELSEA O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
ANDRE147 O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
SUNDAYGIRL O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
RADAM05 WC O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
PLTHEREF O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
GJ O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
THECLEAVER O'SULLIVAN SELBY
GNOMY O'SULLIVAN
CLOUD STRIFE O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
SAVOMILOSEVIC MURPHY
SMART O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
DRLOG147 O'SULLIVAN ROBERTSON
AC OR LT? Late entry no predictions

POTENTIAL 147 Maximums
SKULLMAN ROBERTSON
HOLDENCHINASKI deducted 3 points for predicting Ding to make a Maximum
AYRSHIREBHOY O'SULLIVAN
VODKADIET O'SULLIVAN
KOLOMPAR O'SULLIVAN
SLOWJOE O'SULLIVAN
SUNDAYGIRL O'SULLIVAN
RADAM05 WC O'SULLIVAN
PLTHEREF O'SULLIVAN
THECLEAVER O'SULLIVAN
GNOMY O'SULLIVAN
SAVOMILOSEVIC O'SULLIVAN
DRLOG147 O'SULLIVAN SELBY

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Judd Trump wrote:“I may have to produce my best to beat Neil. In the past against me he has gone into his shell, felt the pressure and gone a bit tactical.

“But he has had an excellent season and will be a big favourite to beat me. The way I am playing people won’t give me much chance but if I play well I will be a match for anyone.

“Mark Allen may have said that even Ronnie couldn’t stop him, but that is just the sort of thing you say when you lose a game.

“Mark had a few chances early on, I watched the game. But take nothing from Neil. He is No1 on merit, and it has been a fantastic achievement to get within one of 100 centuries.

“He is still improving and is right up there with having one of the best games in the world.

“But I love being the underdog, I love people saying Neil will walk the tournament so for me that is perfect.

“I am pleased to get through, and my best is yet to come if I get a bit of luck. I am having to play my tactical game to get through, it is not as enjoyable, but it shows I can still win against top players.

“The centuries is brilliant – but it doesn’t win you anything, and he is putting more effort into than other players.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... -world-no1

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Obviously I'll be focusing on Ronnie tomorrow but I'll have Robbo v Trump on my second screen.

But that means I won't be able to post much here during that session.

Even if it was only Ronnie match on I normally don't post that much too when he's playing, so tomorrow that won't change.

It's a shame really the best matches of the quarter-finals have to be at the same time, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Interesting. Trump is quite restrained and defensive in his post match interview here. Unusual for him.

Being the underdog will work in his favour that much I agree with him.

But I'll maintain what I said: Trump won't reach double figures against Robbo.

Many think he will but I don't see it to be honest.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Obviously I'll be focusing on Ronnie tomorrow but I'll have Robbo v Trump on my second screen.

But that means I won't be able to post much here during that session.

Even if it was only Ronnie match on I normally don't post that much too when he's playing, so tomorrow that won't change.

It's a shame really the best matches of the quarter-finals have to be at the same time, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

True. But at least they won't play all 3 sessions at the same time.

Postby Andre147

Murphy's safety game has improved though, his work with current coach Chris Henry has helpel focus more on long safety battles and he doesn't go for so many silly long shots he sometimes used to, that often would cost him frames.

He fluked some snooker against Fu though didn't he <laugh>

Against Ronnie he won't get away with some of the mistakes he made there, his safety will have to be top notch and since he loves watching snooker when relaxing he should watch how Perry played, thats the way to beat Ronnie in a long match like this, he didn't beat him simply because the Rocket took off and when Perry noticed the Rocket was already on the Moon. <laugh>

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Judd Trump wrote:“I may have to produce my best to beat Neil. In the past against me he has gone into his shell, felt the pressure and gone a bit tactical.

“But he has had an excellent season and will be a big favourite to beat me. The way I am playing people won’t give me much chance but if I play well I will be a match for anyone.

“Mark Allen may have said that even Ronnie couldn’t stop him, but that is just the sort of thing you say when you lose a game.

“Mark had a few chances early on, I watched the game. But take nothing from Neil. He is No1 on merit, and it has been a fantastic achievement to get within one of 100 centuries.

“He is still improving and is right up there with having one of the best games in the world.

“But I love being the underdog, I love people saying Neil will walk the tournament so for me that is perfect.

“I am pleased to get through, and my best is yet to come if I get a bit of luck. I am having to play my tactical game to get through, it is not as enjoyable, but it shows I can still win against top players.

“The centuries is brilliant – but it doesn’t win you anything, and he is putting more effort into than other players.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... -world-no1

Fair play to Trump trying to bring in Premier League style mind games into it but he should realise 95% of the media don't care about snooker... so chances are Robertson won't even read his comments. Even if he does I'm confident he is smart enough to see what he is trying on.

Postby Wildey

I think its clear Neil going for 100 centuries is focusing his mind and has played the best snooker during the championship so far.

Because Winning the Championship is pressure in itself i dont think its adding any more pressure on him to get the 100th century.