Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Tue April 29th) Quarter Fina

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, would you agree that the winner of the QF 4 will be favourite in the semis?

Definately, Trump is playing well again so whoever comes through that will be the favourite against Selby (errmm McManus <laugh> ).

But being favourite as we know sometimes means nothing, you've got to show it out there on the table.

Trump or Robbo against Selby I would call evens. There's nothing in it this Worlds year. Players are so close in standard, except Ronnie who is either rubbish or brilliant.

Postby Cannonball

mantorok wrote:My god this forum is pure entertainment. What is not funny is its more entertaining than the snooker itself lol

That's because unlike the Crucible, the forum is frequented by clowns.

Postby edwards2000

Yeah but if he loses to Ronnie, even at 90%+, he will just be a bunny and too easy. Weak draw. I like Barry a lot. Wouln't mind seeing him win the title, but I am a Ronnie fan first so.. hoping Dale goes through. That's a weak semi final I will actually agree is weak, because it will be. But it won't happen. Ronnie will get a very solid and dangerous Hawkins (assuming he beats Murph).

Postby Cannonball

edwards2000 wrote:Yeah but if he loses to Ronnie, even at 90%+, he will just be a bunny and too easy. Weak draw. I like Barry a lot. Wouln't mind seeing him win the title, but I am a Ronnie fan first so.. hoping Dale goes through. That's a weak semi final I will actually agree is weak, because it will be. But it won't happen. Ronnie will get a very solid and dangerous Hawkins (assuming he beats Murph).

Sorry mate, my brain has gone in to food coma following a rather successful home-made lasagna and rocket salad. No accident, I wanted some rocket from the greenhouse in my salad. He eats, he sleeps, he lives ROCKET!

Postby Cannonball

edwards2000 wrote:haha :P Well, I'm off for some darts and a pint. Booked 1 day off work tomorrow and I'm gonna enjoy the break and not getting up tomorrow.

Sweet, I've never seen anyone play darts and just have a pint. Not even the county players. :chuckle:

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:Barry Hawkins 8-3 Dominic Dale
Mark Selby 6-3 Alan McManus

Those two look like the bunnies. C'mon Dom, put up a fight. Has everyone gone off for a pint; doesn't anyone want to watch Selby and Hawkins? rofl

Postby Andre147

Both Selby and Hawkins can still win their matches with a session to spare if their opponents dont win another frame.

On Hawkins match that is more likely, Selby you just know he doesn't like things that easy <laugh>

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:tonights matches going as expected

I did not expect walkovers. Yeah, the leaders were always favourites, but not a 6 frame gap in Dom's match.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Hawkins won't beat O'Sullivan but at least he will give it his all. Dung Junhui would have probably just capitulated after one session.

Murphy missed a golden opportunity this afternoon.

Ronnie was so far off his best and yet still 6-2 up.

it was laughable how some on here was writing ronnie obituary at 2-0 murphy in a best of 25 lol

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Hawkins won't beat O'Sullivan but at least he will give it his all. Dung Junhui would have probably just capitulated after one session.

Murphy missed a golden opportunity this afternoon.

Ronnie was so far off his best and yet still 6-2 up.

it was laughable how some on here was writing ronnie obituary at 2-0 murphy in a best of 25 lol

He drifted out to 3.1 on Betfair, when he was 2-0 down. :hatoff:

Postby Cannonball

Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Judd Trump wrote:“I may have to produce my best to beat Neil. In the past against me he has gone into his shell, felt the pressure and gone a bit tactical.

“But he has had an excellent season and will be a big favourite to beat me. The way I am playing people won’t give me much chance but if I play well I will be a match for anyone.

“Mark Allen may have said that even Ronnie couldn’t stop him, but that is just the sort of thing you say when you lose a game.

“Mark had a few chances early on, I watched the game. But take nothing from Neil. He is No1 on merit, and it has been a fantastic achievement to get within one of 100 centuries.

“He is still improving and is right up there with having one of the best games in the world.

“But I love being the underdog, I love people saying Neil will walk the tournament so for me that is perfect.

“I am pleased to get through, and my best is yet to come if I get a bit of luck. I am having to play my tactical game to get through, it is not as enjoyable, but it shows I can still win against top players.

“The centuries is brilliant – but it doesn’t win you anything, and he is putting more effort into than other players.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... -world-no1

Fair play to Trump trying to bring in Premier League style mind games into it but he should realise 95% of the media don't care about snooker... so chances are Robertson won't even read his comments. Even if he does I'm confident he is smart enough to see what he is trying on.

Call it mind games, call it just what Judd thinks under interview. It doesn't matter either way because he's right. And the proof is in the scoreline.