Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Tue April 29th) Quarter Fina

Postby edwards2000

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:This is how Selby used to score in his "scoring days" 3 or 4 years ago...

Has already had 2 tons this evening, could have even been 3 :hatoff:

hopefully hes played himself in to form this tournament and hes now ready to be World Champion

It's funny, if this was Ronnie, you'd be saying "no pressure placed on him" "mcmanus making a load of errors"

And this time, you'd actually be right for a change. So why the double standard?

This is the easiest QF I can remember.

Postby Andre147

edwards2000 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:This is how Selby used to score in his "scoring days" 3 or 4 years ago...

hopefully hes played himself in to form this tournament and hes now ready to be World Champion

It's funny, if this was Ronnie, you'd be saying "no pressure placed on him" "mcmanus making a load of errors"

And this time, you'd actually be right for a change. So why the double standard?

I agree, the easiest of the quarter-finals this one.

Selby has played well this session, but also has to be said Mcmanus is gifting him loads of chances every time.

Postby Cannonball

edwards2000 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Double standards, on this forum, really?!

Postby Wildey

edwards2000 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

What are you on?

what double standards did i say mcmanus didnt make mistakes? did i say there was huge pressure on selby?

no i bucking didn't i said "hopefully hes played himself in to form this tournament"

in future read what is said and dont jump on peoples opinions with your own crappy loyalty to ronnie.

you got a chip on your shoulder.

Postby edwards2000

Skullman wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:This is the easiest QF I can remember.

Maguire v Hendry was easier, unless you mean just this tournament, then yes.

Nothing Mark can do, except take advantage and get potting practice in.

Precisely. It's just that if this was Ronnie, quite a few members here wouldn't be saying that. Selby has been very lucky with his draw this year, but he has his work cut out for him next round, and honestly, I don't think he will manage it. But who for a moment thought he'd lose against Alan Mcmanus?

Postby Skullman

edwards2000 wrote:Precisely. It's just that if this was Ronnie, quite a few members here wouldn't be saying that. Selby has been very lucky with his draw this year, but he has his work cut out for him next round, and honestly, I don't think he will manage it. But who for a moment thought he'd lose against Alan Mcmanus?

I don't know about easy. He had a qualifier. He had Carter who is a lower seeded player, which Selby is entitled to, being third seed. Only McManus is easier than what he should have had.

Plus, I think part of it is relief that Mark is playing at all, because throughout this season he hasn't, even in similar situations against players of the same calibre.
Last edited by Skullman on 29 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

how do you work that out

Selby had Michael White where people was saying one of the toughest qualifiers shiting hell Ronnie had Robin Hull how easy do you want it?

then Selby had Ali Carter twice Finalist

you really are a prize plonker

Postby Jester82

ttol wrote:
Souvent wrote:This is the kind of match where you feel that even if Selby misses a pot and leaves the table open for McManus, the Scot won't take the chance.

Imagine paying to watch it. <doh>

Well, I imagined and moreover I paid at Eurosport, but I don't regret. :wave:
Last edited by Jester82 on 29 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:Precisely. It's just that if this was Ronnie, quite a few members here wouldn't be saying that. Selby has been very lucky with his draw this year, but he has his work cut out for him next round, and honestly, I don't think he will manage it. But who for a moment thought he'd lose against Alan Mcmanus?

I don't know about easy. He had a qualifier. He had Carter who is a lower seeded player, which Selby is entitled to, being third seed. Only McManus is easier than what he should have had.

Plus, I think part of it is relief that Mark is playing at all, because throughout this season he hasn't, even in similar situations against players of the same calibre.

It's the Worlds and while a draw may look easy because some don't fancy the chances of a player, no match is easy per se. Ask Ding or anyone else who was fancied but got juiced. Tonight, two bunnies are making life easy, but potentially, the matches could have been closer. Every match at the Crucible has the potential for an upset. Even when an overwhelming favourite is in a huge lead, there is potential for an upset. Imagine Ronnie in a final against Mcmanus, leading 8-1. No way he could lose eh? It's happened before. No certainties at the Worlds.

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:12-4. Hopefully he'll finish off quickly tomorrow and then Ronnie and Shaun will have arena to themselves (with Shaun getting himself back into it).

Did someone mention our saviour?

ROCKET!

Postby Souvent

Jester82 wrote:
ttol wrote:
Souvent wrote:This is the kind of match where you feel that even if Selby misses a pot and leaves the table open for McManus, the Scot won't take the chance.

To be honest, I think it's the type of match that you only enjoy if you're a fan of the player that's winning comfortably. Not much to galvanize anyone else.

Postby Skullman

Souvent wrote:To be honest, I think it's the type of match that you only enjoy if you're a fan of the player that's winning comfortably. Not much to galvanize anyone else.

The first session was enjoyable if you like hard matchplay <cool>

Postby Cannonball

Souvent wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
ttol wrote:

To be honest, I think it's the type of match that you only enjoy if you're a fan of the player that's winning comfortably. Not much to galvanize anyone else.

No, not a match for the fan of the true game.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Souvent wrote:To be honest, I think it's the type of match that you only enjoy if you're a fan of the player that's winning comfortably. Not much to galvanize anyone else.

I did enjoy it, old school stuff every now and again never hurts :-)

Postby Cannonball

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Neil has more of a chnce beating selby than judd i
think

Whoelse thinks so?

Not me. Why do you say that?

Postby Souvent

Skullman wrote:

Yes, I can follow you until the end of the first session. From then on, it's just for the fans. :-)

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Neil has more of a chnce beating selby than judd i
think

Whoelse thinks so?

Not me. Why do you say that?

Well if Judd carries on like he did against Robbo Selby will have his work cut out.

Either way Selby is gonna have a very difficult match and a true test to really see where his game is at against the very top players.

Postby edwards2000

Ali Carter is usually derided around these parts as a useless bunny, so why has that suddenly changed haha?

Anyway, I wasn't talking about Carter, I happen to rate him very highly,. But a QF against Mcmanus is the stuff of dreams. My problem is the double standards. If Ronnie wins this title, I hope we don't have to suffer the same nonsense as the 2 years previous.