Topic locked

Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 30th) Quarter Finals !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 19th of April~Monday 5th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

First day of the Quarter Finals in so many ways proved a disappointment with players not taking their chances but now its the second day and although 2 matches are runaway for Mark Selby and Barry Hawkins there is still a possibility of great matches in the other two but Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump hold the advantage 6-2 up on their respective opponents Shaun Murphy and Neil Robertson.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 30th of April

10am

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-2 Shaun Murphy O'Sullivan 8-2
**Mark Selby 12-4 Alan McManus 1-1

2.30pm

**Barry Hawkins 11-5 Dominic Dale 2-2
Judd Trump 6-2 Neil Robertson Trump leads 10-9

7pm

**Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-2 Shaun Murphy O'Sullivan 8-2
**Judd Trump 6-2 Neil Robertson Trump leads 10-9

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 30th) Quarter Fina

Postby GJ

Awful day but I suppose the only positive is its better having a shocker in session 1 than later in the match.

I still believe in robbo but trump is Playing very well so the match is in his hands I fear.

Good luck robbo

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:Awful day but I suppose the only positive is its better having a shocker in session 1 than later in the match.

I still believe in robbo but trump is Playing very well so the match is in his hands I fear.

Good luck robbo

Hard to explain really what happened there, isn't it? Trump raised his game as expected while Robbo played like in the China Open final. I'm sure he will fight hard to get back into this match, we'll find out if that 4 frames deficit is too much of a gap to close.

Do you think Robbo performance today had something to do with his poor record against Trump in the long matches?

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:Alex

Do you think Neil has any hope?

Trump looks in good form

Yeah, why not. Hopefully he can relax and play his natural game tomorrow and get back into it. I think with the sessions being afternoon and evening that if he does reduce it to 9-7 or better he will have excellent momentum going into the final session.

Carter beat him from 9-7 and 12-9 down so its not impossible.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:Awful day but I suppose the only positive is its better having a shocker in session 1 than later in the match.

Good luck robbo

Hard to explain really what happened there, isn't it? Trump raised his game as expected while Robbo played like in the China Open final. I'm sure he will fight hard to get back into this match, we'll find out if that 4 frames deficit is too much of a gap to close.

Do you think Robbo performance today had something to do with his poor record against Trump in the long matches?

No imo

I think it was just a bad session

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Trump looks in good form

I Fancy Robbo to win

You also think being 9-7 up is better than 10-6 :john:

being 6-2 behind is even better

it focuses the mind

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Trump looks in good form

I Fancy Robbo to win

You also think being 9-7 up is better than 10-6 :john:

being 6-2 behind is even better

it focuses the mind

What useless logic that is <doh>

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Murphy was a shambles as hendo said Ronnie was missing blacks and Shaun was awful.

Key frame was the 3rd when Murphy was 2 nil up but missed a red to top left pocket... Ronnie won that frame after needing a snooker and from there Murphy looked rattled.

But the last 2 frames weren't down to Murphy's bad play, Ronnie showed his class in those with a 90+ break and a 136 total clearance.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Hawk looks very impressive all bias aside I think he could be ronnies main threat.

He will Im sure, he is always well up for it when playing Ronnie so like at last year's Final Ronnie will have to play very well to beat him.

Neither is there yet though but Hawkins will be and Ronnie, well he won't lose his match against Murphy now.
Last edited by Andre147 on 30 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.