Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 30th) Quarter Fina

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie will have to do it the hard way this year. Should he play Robbo in the final it will be just as difficult as Higgins in 2001.

Agree, but will be all the more sweater if Ronnie wins then, Selby or Robbo.

Postby Andre147

Judd now has become a bit of an habit in bottling big matches against the real top players.

Against Higgins <laugh> well he always does, Carter here at the Worlds 2012, this match today just a few examples of why he still doesnt have that killer instinct the real top players have.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Honestly I can't see Selby beating Robbo in the semis.

You may be surprised but I actually think Selby will beat him.

The big question for Selby is maintaing a good standard all 4 sessions, because Robbo more or less has a good standard, bar that session against Judd.

I fancy Selby beating Robbo.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Judd now has become a bit of an habit in bottling big matches against the real top players.

Against Higgins <laugh> well he always does, Carter here at the Worlds 2012, this match today just a few examples of why he still doesnt have that killer instinct the real top players have.

To be fair he didn't do much wrong today. That definitely wasn't a bottle job like against Carter 2 years ago.

Postby PLtheRef

Cheers. Picked a decent night to go didnt I.

I am at Crucible again tomorrow so table will be confirmed tomorrow or Friday.

What an incredible night!

Wildey wrote:Table at the end of the Quarter Finals

177 CLOUD STRIFE 23 - 3
175 SAVOMILOSEVIC 25 - 1
171 JMAL1 23 - 4
168 WILDEY 22 - 5
166 ALEX0PAUL 22 - 4
165 RANDAM05 WC 22 - 4
158 HOLDENCHINASKI 20 - 5
156 PLTHEREF 20 - 3
154 SKULLMAN 21 - 3
154 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 21 - 2
154 SMART 20 - 3
151 THECLEAVER 21 - 1
147 SLOWJOE 20 - 3
139 ANDRE147 20 - 1
139 SUNDAYGIRL 19 - 2
138 JADECHELSEA 18 - 3
131 CONORS9 18 - 0
128 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 18 - 1
125 KOLOMPAR 17 - 3
123 NICE_SHOES_KEN 17 - 1
122 AYRSHIREBHOY 17 - 0
121 AC OR LT? 16 - 2
120 VODKADIET 16 - 4
111 DRLOG147 15 - 2
111 JDM375 15 - 2
105 GJ 12 - 3
86 SNOOKY147 11 - 3
80 MEDHI99 10 - 1
60 GNOMY 9 - 0

Paddy is away at the Crucible but if theres problems with my scoring please take it up with him when he is back

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:If that's Neil's reaction to the 100 centuries I kind of want to see what he'd do if he won the title. :rofl:

Why would he celebrate then? He already made the 100 centuries :|

That reaction was ridiculous from Neil, I wanted him to lose the match from that, how silly would he have looked had he indeed lost it.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying what he did there isnt an amazing achievment, because it is and it may take some time for someone to even come close to that, but that reaction was way over the top, if it was to win the match then absolutely fine, BUT he still had a match to win and that could have broken his focus, it didnt but has to be said Judd after that handed Robbo chances on a plate...

Robbo still had a match to win, and therefore still be in the tournament with a chance of winning another world title, that huge reaction was ridiculous as some players said on Twitter, almost as if the world title is just a bonus now because he has done the most important thing, the ton of tons rofl <doh> rofl

Anyway, despite that, great achievment from Neil, very well done. :hatoff:
Last edited by Andre147 on 30 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie will have to do it the hard way this year. Should he play Robbo in the final it will be just as difficult as Higgins in 2001.

Agree, but will be all the more sweater if Ronnie wins then, Selby or Robbo.

That's certainly true. Ronnie already beat 2 out of his 3 main rivals in major finals this season. Only Robertson is missing :-)

Postby Andre147

Souvent wrote:When the tournament was sponsored by Betfred there were post-match interviews with the players on youtube. None of that this year, apparently.

if you want to hear the players press conferences check Monique Limbos acount on SoundCloud.

Just go to SoundCloud and type "Monique Limbos" and she has all the players press conferenecs there, not on video but we can hear them nonetheless.

Postby Blavdes

Souvent wrote:When the tournament was sponsored by Betfred there were post-match interviews with the players on youtube. None of that this year, apparently.

Yeah is there anywhere we can see videos of the press conferences? All I've found or seen this year are one or two quotes or what the BBC show.

Edit: thanks Andre ;)

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:If that's Neil's reaction to the 100 centuries I kind of want to see what he'd do if he won the title. :rofl:

That reaction was ridiculous from Neil, I wanted him to lose the match from that, how silly would he have looked had he indeed lost it.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying what he did there isnt an amazing achievment, because it is and it may take some time for someone to even come close to that, but that reaction was way over the top, if it was to win the match then absolutely fine, BUT he still had a match to win and that could have broken his focus, it didnt but has to be said Judd after that handed Robbo chances on a plate...

Robbo still had a match to win, and therefore still be in the tournament with a chance if winiing another world title, was that hige reaction was ridiculous as some players said on Twitter, almost as if the worlf title is just a bonus now because he has done the most important thing, the ton of tons rofl <doh>

I generally don't like his gay fist pumps or screams. Sometimes it really looks silly, especially the reaction in that match against Tom Ford.

Postby Souvent

Andre147 PGC wrote:

if you want to hear the players press conferences check Monique Limbos acount on SoundCloud.

Just go to SoundCloud and type "Monique Limbos" and she has all the players press conferenecs there, not on video but we can hear them nonetheless.

Thanks a lot! Shame there's no videos though. A step backwards from previous years IMO.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Robbo still had a match to win, and therefore still be in the tournament with a chance if winiing another world title, was that hige reaction was ridiculous as some players said on Twitter, almost as if the worlf title is just a bonus now because he has done the most important thing, the ton of tons rofl <doh>

I generally don't like his gay fist pumps or screams. Sometimes it really looks silly, especially the reaction in that match against Tom Ford.

I don't mind his screams or fist pumps to be honest, but that reaction was ridiculous as he still had a match to win, and that is way more important than the ton of tons. That reaction could have well spured Judd on and win the match, but he bottled it and handed Robbo chances on a plate, but all credit to Neil for making the most of the chances he got, thats all you can do.

Judd still has to learn to have a killer instinct like the real top players like Neil have.

Postby TheRocket

Judd Trump just has lost the ease he once had, especially in 2011. He was a heavier scorer and stronger potter back then. Everything was just so fluent. Someone wrote it here. I think, had he won the World in 2011, he would have had won far more now.

Postby Andre147

Souvent wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Thanks a lot! Shame there's no videos though. A step backwards from previous years IMO.

You can still watch the post-match interviews on WS website or on their Youtube acount, they're not the press conferences as they're shorter but it's on video nevertheless.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Can you learn/be taught killer instinct. It seems like something you either have or don't.

It comes with the experience. I guarantee you, 3 or 4 years ago Hawkins would have lost that match today. Today he produced his best two frames at the end to win the match. Trump will learn from these matches. I don't even think, it's the killer instict. It's just his game, shot selection, breakbuilding, he lacks in many departments, including long potting which is used to be his strength.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Can you learn/be taught killer instinct. It seems like something you either have or don't.

Good point, but I think with time he'll have it, this "scars" help a player in that way, because you do have to learn the things you've done wrong when you lose, and next time try not to make the same mistakes.

Postby randam05

I really really enjoyed that, it kind of got me over earliers dissapointment. You know im not a big judd fan but a massive robbo fan and that was excellent. Just hope its a robbo ronnie final! That could be a real classic.

Postby TheRocket

I'll be away on business btw for the next couple of days so I can't watch the matches :td: ,maybe only a couple of frames. Most of the time I'll probably only take a look at the livescore. So I just hope, you will all have your fun and yeah, may the best man win. I'll probably back on Wednesday, Thursday, something like that.

Bye for now

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I'll be away on business btw for the next couple of days so I can't watch the matches :td: ,maybe only a couple of frames. Most of the time I'll probably only take a look at the livescore. So I just hope, you will all have your fun and yeah, may the best man win. I'll probably back on Wednesday, Thursday, something like that.

Bye for now

A shame TR you can't be around to watch.

All the best on our business <ok>

And hopefully when you arrive Title Number 6 is what we're discussing here :-D

Postby GJ

I posted this morning how it would be ironic if trump lost from 6-2 having won from 2-6 in last years quarters

The magic of sport