Session 2 Friday 2nd of May @ 2.30pm
Session 3 Saturday 3rd of May @ 10am
Session 4 Saturday 3rd of May @ 7pm

Mark Selby v Neil Robertson

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Selby Leads 12-6
Main Tournaments Robertson leads 4-3
World Championship Never played in the World Championship until This week

2nd semi final brings together the Worlds no 1 Neil Robertson and World no 3 Mark Selby

The Last 2 time they played was in the Championship League earlier this year Mark Selby winning both times BUT This if Different !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: World Championship S F 2 : Mark Selby v Neil Robertson

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Wow never thought at 8-11 robbos name would be on this thread.

I Did

this thread been done since this morning just wanted the days play to finish before posting it

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:

I Did

this thread been done since this morning just wanted the days play to finish before posting it

Love your positivity mate :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is this match even bigger than their UK and Masters final? Discuss.

Of course it is. What a silly question. <laugh> :redneck:

Why? No one is getting a trophy at the end of this match.

No, but they are both playing for a shot at immortality, especially Selby. In 20, 50, 70 years time this is what they'll be remembered for.

Look at Jimmy White, as an example.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is this match even bigger than their UK and Masters final? Discuss.

Hum I don't know... it's the Worlds champs after all and long frame format in a Best of 33 semi-final, a chance to get to the Final of the World Champs, but those 2 were finals of Majors that are part of the Triple Crown so even though this match is of HUGE importance, I would say no to your question.

But it's very hard to judge it isn't it... it depends on what one can consider bigger... playing for a title or playing for a chance of getting to the Final of the most important Major...

Postby Andre147

But looking at it you're probably right, this is the one tournament every player is most remembered for, when refering to Jimmy many state those 6 World Champs Finals losses and his UK and Masters wins are sometimes "forgoten" by some.

So yeah this maybe is their biggest match, but those 2 finals at the Masters and UK arent far off this.

Postby SnookerFan

Well, according to a lot of posters, he cared more about the century of centuries than he cared about winning.

It's highly surprising that he was trying to get both the CoC and the win. Who'd have thought he was trying for both? :gag:

Postby GJ

Every robbo or Selby win is down to luck according to you Edwards.

You sad little man

There was no luck it was pure skill , there's more to snooker than your idol Ronnie , others can play flawless snooker as well.

Postby Wildey

edwards2000 wrote:According to Neil himself, going for centuries made him forget he was there to win the match. As I said they were. He's lucky he got out of that match.

In the end he shut judd out for a hour without potting a ball that is hard to do Neil won because of that ability to dominate a match with brilliant match play.

His break building was non existent in that match with 3 half centuries and 1 century.

Postby Wildey

I Really dont care who wins this match im just looking forward to both men going hammer and tongs.

I Said Long before the Tournament started that its between Ronnie, Robertson and Selby because i believe only Robertson or Selby has the belief and game to beat Ronnie over World Championship distance at this moment in time well if Ronnie is going to Win it he will have to prove me wrong in the Final.