Topic locked

Re: World Championship S F 2 : Mark Selby v Neil Robertson

Postby NNear

Your response is the one I expected and my counter is already prepared. With such a philosophy, unless your superiority is absolute, you will lose more matches. As such, overall you will probably score less centuries.

Postby NNear

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This match will also be about desire. Who wants that title more? Both will go to their limit and beyond, it's such a long match and it could be decided by pure will power if it gets close.

I slightly favour Selby in that regard.

You reckon Selby wants it more? Is it based on him not having yet won the Worlds?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

NNear wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This match will also be about desire. Who wants that title more? Both will go to their limit and beyond, it's such a long match and it could be decided by pure will power if it gets close.

I slightly favour Selby in that regard.

You reckon Selby wants it more? Is it based on him not having yet won the Worlds?

Yes.

And also because he hasn't won a title yet this season despite his 3 finals.

Postby mantorok

It's no secret that I'm no Selby fan but hats off to the man for getting this far, considering how patchy his form has been it's been an impressive performance, I like how his break-building is coming back in, makes him a lot easier to watch.

I still favour Robertson purely because he's been tested a bit more, but then again we haven't seen what Selby has in the tank so who knows!