Topic locked

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Haw

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie's post match reaction:

Ronnie O'Sullivan wrote:“It’s all about the final now on Sunday and Monday," O'Sullivan said. "I just want to enjoy my day off tomorrow and get ready to play in the final of what is our biggest tournament and again be competing in the final. It’s just a dream.

“To get to three finals in a row having won two, with the chance to get three, if you’d have told me that a few years ago it would have never entered my thoughts that I could do it.”

O’Sullivan, who won the first of his five world titles in 2001, dismissed the idea that having the whole of Saturday off would be a huge advantage.

He said: “I wish I was playing. I’ve got no structure to my day. At least if I’d been playing I could have got up, had some breakfast, gone for a run and got ready for my afternoon run. I like a bit of structure, I’m used to it.

“I’ll probably play for an hour because it’s something to do. It’s nice to win with a session to spare but I wouldn’t have been disappointed to come out and play again tomorrow. Why wouldn’t you want to play at a venue like that? It’s hard out there but you want to soak it all up.

“You just have to go out there and do your job. It isn’t easy but I’m fortunate that I’ve found a rhythm and come up against players not at their best. It’s a combination of things but you have to be there to take advantage and that’s what I’ve done well. I’ve been clinical. There were moments where it wasn’t ffowing but I knew I had ti stick in there. When you come to win a world title you have to expect to go through all types of emotions. I’ve accepted that. I know I have to accept the ups and downs, hopefully there are more ups than downs.”

O’Sullivan is waiting for the winner of the second semi-final, which looks set to be a close finish with Mark Selby leading Neil Robertson 9-7 overnight.

He said: “They are both top class players. Neil’s no.1 in the world scoring heavily and Mark’s the toughest competitor on tour. I have the utmost respect for both of them. I just have to prepare and go out there and do my job, and hopefully give them something to think about. If I can score and be on my game I’m sure I’ll have a good chance.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... into-final

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
Sonny wrote:It's quite obvious that match took it out of Hawkins, plus the kick he got when looking a dead cert to level at 3-3.

It's the best of 33, not the best of 7. If he can't cope with a bummer frame, god help him. But I agree and everyone on here said the opposite, that the Dale match wouldn't empty his tank. Emotionally, snooker brain, and physically expired. Dale would have been a better opponent, because he would have taken positivity into the match. The hawk knew he was vulnerable.

Eaxctly, if 1 bloddy kick makes him play bad for the rest of a Best of 33 match rofl

The kick is only an excuse for losing that frame, not the entire match ffs... he had bad luck here and there no doubt, but he made so many costly errors it was unbeliavble.

But some here do love to discredit Ronnie's performance... this was by far his best match of the tournament standard wise, he upped his game especially when the 2nd session began and some of his long ones in the 3rd session :hatoff: :bowdown: Ronnie definately deserved a big lead, he played very well, made 4 tons, could have easily been 5 or 6, so not much you can ask from him.

He's in very good nick ahead of his 6th World Final, I'm glad he didnt play here like he did against Murphy because had he won this match playing like that I would have doubts ahead of the Final, but after this performance I'm sure he'll do very well in the Final itself.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Sonny wrote:It's quite obvious that match took it out of Hawkins, plus the kick he got when looking a dead cert to level at 3-3.

It's the best of 33, not the best of 7. If he can't cope with a bummer frame, god help him. But I agree and everyone on here said the opposite, that the Dale match wouldn't empty his tank. Emotionally, snooker brain, and physically expired. Dale would have been a better opponent, because he would have taken positivity into the match. The hawk knew he was vulnerable.

Eaxctly, if 1 bloddy kick makes him play bad for the rest of a Best of 33 match rofl

The kick is only an excuse for losing that frame, not the entire match ffs... he had bad luck here and there no doubt, but he made so many costly errors it was unbeliavble.

But some here do love to discredit Ronnie's performance... this was by far his best match of the tournament standard wise, he upped his game especially when the 2nd session began and some of his long ones in the 3rd session :hatoff: :bowdown: Ronnie definately deserved a big lead, he played very well, made 4 tons, could have easily been 5 or 6, so not much you can ask from him.

He's in very good nick ahead of his 6th World Final, I'm glad he didnt play here like he did against Murphy because had he won this match playing like that I would have doubts ahead of the Final, but after this performance I'm sure he'll do very well in the Final itself.

Win or lose, it will be respectable. He's Ronnie and he's 38 years old. For crying out loud, can some of the muppets on here at least give the man some respect for that. He's swimming very well against the tide for Christ's sake. Some of these kids weren't born when he picked up a cue. Hendry was done nearly ten years, ten years, before Ronnie. Give the guy some credit please muppets. Like snookerbacker says, if you're a snooker fan and you can't enjoy watching Ronnie play, there's something very wrong in your life, i.e. you're a bucking loser. rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:He's in very good nick ahead of his 6th World Final, I'm glad he didnt play here like he did against Murphy because had he won this match playing like that I would have doubts ahead of the Final, but after this performance I'm sure he'll do very well in the Final itself.

Definitely. He needs his long potting and he had a higher long potting percentage than Neil Robertson today! Ronnie only needs to tighten up his safety game and if he can do that as well, he indeed has a great chance in the final.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Win or lose, it will be respectable. He's Ronnie and he's 38 years old. For crying out loud, can some of the muppets on here at least give the man some respect for that. He's swimming very well against the tide for Christ's sake. Some of these kids weren't born when he picked up a cue. Hendry was done nearly ten years, ten years, before Ronnie. Give the guy some credit please muppets. Like snookerbacker says, if you're a snooker fan and you can't enjoy watching Ronnie play, there's something very wrong in your life, i.e. you're a bucking loser. rofl

http://youtu.be/YgSPaXgAdzE

Postby Roland

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:

The hawk was done before he started. Kicks don't take it out of great players.

I know but he was doing ok until that point. He'd have still lost but it wouldn't have been with a session to spare so it was a significant kick. Anyway, good old Wazza killed the top half by beating Ding in round 1, ever since then it's all been about who will play Ronnie in the final and thankfully we have the best two players capable of giving him a game.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:

The hawk was done before he started. Kicks don't take it out of great players.

I know but he was doing ok until that point. He'd have still lost but it wouldn't have been with a session to spare so it was a significant kick. Anyway, good old Wazza killed the top half by beating Ding in round 1, ever since then it's all been about who will play Ronnie in the final and thankfully we have the best two players capable of giving him a game.

Had Ding faced Ronnie in the semis he would have still lost, ok not with a session to spare but Ronnie wouldnt lose to him.

Postby Andy Spark

Congratulations Genius Master Rocket, another final. These other possible "opponents", Messrs Selby, Robertson. They ply their trade with the furrowed brow of concentration, contemptible mortals lacking your sorcery. Surely mere turds to be squashed under the almighty boot of Genius Master Rocket....but then again you never know. :-)

Postby Cannonball

vodkadiet wrote:Murphy and Hawkins are mental midgets. Robertson and Selby won't be there to gladly accept the runners up cheque. There won't be a Carter in this year's final.

I don't buy that, if they were the mental titans, then Carter and Hawkins wouldn't have made the last two finals.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Murphy and Hawkins are mental midgets. Robertson and Selby won't be there to gladly accept the runners up cheque. There won't be a Carter in this year's final.

I'm predicting another 18-8 scoreline in Ronnie's favour.

Postby Cannonball

rofl The other really hilarious thing about this forum, is it's inhabited by pondlife who can't play, yet profess to know everything about the game and then go on to make ridiculous predictions. The only one who can play keeps it cool. The rest are just a bunch of sad armchairs who couldn't stun-run-through to save their lives. They're no different to the sad football losers on the couch with bags of crisps, pizzas and lager. Just sad losers who can't play. I'll put it this way, none of my county friends have a bad word to say about Ronnie. I've never met a good snooker player who doesn't appreciate his talent. When someone tells me they don't like Ronnie or his snooker, straight away, the alarm bells ring; loser, let's put some money on this frame. rofl
Last edited by Cannonball on 02 May 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:

I'm predicting another 18-8 scoreline in Ronnie's favour.

CALL!

:hatoff: :bowdown: :spot on:

Postby vodkadiet

Cannonball wrote:

I don't buy that, if they were the mental titans, then Carter and Hawkins wouldn't have made the last two finals.

Compare what Selby and Robertson have won to what Hawkins and Carter have won.

Postby boris_the_butcher

vodkadiet wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Robertson was called a mental midget after the 2012 QF and I'm sure Selby got stick after this year's Masters for being timid.

Postby Cannonball

Sonny wrote:You're a strange one Cannonball. I can't see anyone slagging off Ronnie yet you seem obsessed with having a dig at people who are, which is a figment of your imagination.

There are plenty of snide remarks and references to luck etc throughout this thread by the usual haters mate. Not you mind, I respect that. I mean, Wildey wrote that if apples were pears and that if Pluto orbited the Sun faster than every 248yrs and if wheels were square, it would have been 10-10. For real. How can I take these 20 breakers seriously?!

Postby Roland

Also Cannonball, having been at a snooker club all night I can say that not only do people who play the game appreciate Ronnie, they also appreciate Selby and Robertson and by no means is everyone who plays the game pulling for Ronnie to win.

Postby Cannonball

vodkadiet wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Ding's won more than all of them put together, so what? Ding ain't here and one of them won't be here tomorrow either. Dwindling pack aren't they.

Dwindling. One by one they fall, till there are none left.
:evilgrin:

Postby Blavdes

Fantastic posts here :happy: thanks SO for the Ronnie quotes :-)

All this about 'mental midgets, mentally weak' etc etc we all thought Selby was not 'weak' he's going to give Ronnie a run in the Masters but he got demolished, and so have all others in recent memory. The only guy who hasn't is Robertson, although he has been beaten by RoS in significant matches in the past 2years what I'm saying is. buck it.

RONNIE O' SULLIVAN 5 TIME WORLD CHAMPION, 6 TIME WORLD FINALIST :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby Cannonball

Sonny wrote:Also Cannonball, having been at a snooker club all night I can say that not only do people who play the game appreciate Ronnie, they also appreciate Selby and Robertson and by no means is everyone who plays the game pulling for Ronnie to win.

Agreed, he's not everyone's cup of tea, but you won't hear many, very few at all in fact, who say, you know what, he's lucky that Ronnie, he wouldn't win owt without kicks. And you will hear how many support Ronnie on Sunday. The rocket army will make their presence known. Bring the noise!

Postby Andy Spark

boris_the_butcher wrote:why did Hawkins get so many kicks and Ronnie very few? Maybe Hendry's assertion that bad cuing can be a big factor is relevant. Or maybe the balls are biased against Ronnie's opponents.

haha...Yes, the balls are just biased Ronnie fanboys. They only kick when it's an opponent of Ronnie and completely fail to see the good play of Ronnie's opponents and how such good play doesn't deserve a kick. :chuckle:

Postby Cannonball

Blavdes wrote:Fantastic posts here :happy: thanks SO for the Ronnie quotes :-)

All this about 'mental midgets, mentally weak' etc etc we all thought Selby was not 'weak' he's going to give Ronnie a run in the Masters but he got demolished, and so have all others in recent memory. The only guy who hasn't is Robertson, although he has been beaten by RoS in significant matches in the past 2years what I'm saying is. buck it.

RONNIE O' SULLIVAN 5 TIME WORLD CHAMPION, 6 TIME WORLD FINALIST :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've opened that very expensive Penderyn, buck it, it ain't every day a hero makes the grade. Here's to Sunday Rocketeers:

Postby Roland

Cannonball wrote: And you will hear how many support Ronnie on Sunday. The rocket army will make their presence known. Bring the noise!

Yeah, the place will be full of disrespectful hammers I'm sure.