Topic locked

Re: China Open Last 128 Discussion

Postby AC or LT?

Watching Brecel in this match is really frustrating, he's been left four decent chances in this frame alone and completely failed to capitalise on them. No wonder Ronnie's playing kamikaze mode if that's the kind of opposition he's facing and people tell us he's the future of snooker....

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:pink problem ball

if ronnie loses this frame it might turn the match

but he doesnt, clinical

Luca should have really won that though, but yeah nice clearance.

I'll be surprised if Luca wins 1 or 2 more frames now.

Feel sory for him, but that's Snooker I'm afraid.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:And another step towards that 1000 centuries..

This season can well be his most productive tons wise as well. His record is 53, he now stands at 37, so he has every chance to beat that record of his.

Postby Andre147

Strong performance from Ronnie, even if it was kamikaze at times, what matters is most of them went in, and apart from 1 or 2 silly misses, Luca didnt do that much wrong after first frame.

Ronnie did what he had to do, he may even lose 1st or 2nd round in China but at least it'll be some valuable match practice for Worlds, because let's be honest I very much doubt he will win China Open.

Postby kolompar

AC or LT? wrote:Watching Brecel in this match is really frustrating, he's been left four decent chances in this frame alone and completely failed to capitalise on them. No wonder Ronnie's playing kamikaze mode if that's the kind of opposition he's facing and people tell us he's the future of snooker....

I agree Luca is one of the worst to watch. But that was still good stuff from Ronnie.

Now come on Igor :D

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:And another step towards that 1000 centuries..

This season can well be his most productive tons wise as well. His record is 53, he now stands at 37, so he has every chance to beat that record of his.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he will, there's still a few tournaments left and he'll go deep at the WC this year so he's got every chance of making more than 15. He'll probably make ten at the Welsh alone if he reaches the latter rounds (Quarters).

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Totally missed that match :td:

So Ronnie played like he did in the German Masters 2014 qualifier?

At times yes, but this time most of them went in :D but if he was out of position he played safe, not like in that match when at one time he smashed the pack open <laugh>

Postby AC or LT?

kolompar wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Watching Brecel in this match is really frustrating, he's been left four decent chances in this frame alone and completely failed to capitalise on them. No wonder Ronnie's playing kamikaze mode if that's the kind of opposition he's facing and people tell us he's the future of snooker....

I agree Luca is one of the worst to watch. But that was still good stuff from Ronnie.

If Murphy loses to Igor after the season he's had I'd be amazed...

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
kolompar wrote:

If Murphy loses to Igor after the season he's had I'd be amazed...

not a chance he will lose, he would have to lose this match from 4 nil up, I dont think even Selby could manage that <laugh>

Murphy will win 5-1 or 5-2.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

At times yes, but this time most of them went in :D but if he was out of position he played safe, not like in that match when at one time he smashed the pack open <laugh>

rofl

Well, I don't really think, he cares about the CO anyway and since I've been watching him play (since 12 years) he probably has never been 100% dedicated when it comes to the China Open. As you said, he'll take it as match practice for the World, nothing else.

Postby AC or LT?

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

rofl

Well, I don't really think, he cares about the CO anyway and since I've been watching him play (since 12 years) he probably has never been 100% dedicated when it comes to the China Open. As you said, he'll take it as match practice for the World, nothing else.

He could theoretically still need it to qualify for the worlds iirc. He'd need have a shocker of a remainder of the season but the possibilities still there..

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

rofl

He could theoretically still need it to qualify for the worlds iirc. He'd need have a shocker of a remainder of the season but the possibilities still there..

Qualify for Worlds? rofl <doh> What you talking about mate?

Ronnie could lose every 1st round match now until Worlds and he would still be in the Top 5.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

rofl

Ronnie could lose every 1st round match now until Worlds and he would still be in the Top 5.

I keep forgetting he's got no money coming off because of that 2012 dry patch. Fair enough, makes me wonder why the buck he's bothered with the China Open if I'm honest, surely better to lock yourself in a private snooker room and practice like mad for that period?

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Totally missed that match :td:

rofl

I keep forgetting he's got no money coming off because of that 2012 dry patch. Fair enough, makes me wonder why the buck he's bothered with the China Open if I'm honest, surely better to lock yourself in a private snooker room and practice like mad for that period?

What you said makes no sense, even if Ronnie had loads of money coming off, he's WN2 now, he wouldnt fall off Top 16 even if he lost every 1st round match. He would likely be seeded 8th or 9th for World Champs depending on results from other players.

Dont worry, if Ronnie carries on playing he will still be in the Top 16 and dare I say Top 10 for another 2 or 3 years at least.

Postby Andre147

By the way, Ronnie will face Mcleod or Hull in China. I wouldn't be overly shocked if he lost to either of them in China to be honest, but I dont care, China Open is just match practice like CL was for him. If Ronnie reaches Quarters or Semis there I'll be surprised.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
rofl

What you said makes no sense, even if Ronnie had loads of money coming off, he's WN2 now, he wouldnt fall off Top 16 even if he lost every 1st round match. He would likely be seeded 8th or 9th for World Champs depending on results from other players.

Dont worry, if Ronnie carries on playing he will still be in the Top 16 and dare I say Top 10 for another 2 or 3 years at least.

Yeah, fair enough. I was talking bullocks and trying to cover it up.

I look forward to seeing him there.