Topic locked

Re: Baic Motor China Open Semi Finals Discussion

Postby hendry_fan

PoolBoy wrote:I've also just seen the frame scores - appears to have been a very high quality match.
Looking ahead to the second semi, I admit I don't know a great deal about Gary Wilson. I've only just discovered he's been on the main tour before but dropped off. I can't say I remember anything about him from then - did he do anything noteworthy, like even reach a venue?
He's a good example though, that dropping off the tour need not necessarily being the end of one's pro ambitions.

I have a lot of appreciation and admiration for people like this guy Wilson.

Most would call it a day if they did,nt make it,or dropped off and would,nt even bover tryin to get back.
Shows and takes a lot o guts,courage to give it another go,especially if one has,nt got bags of money to back them up.

Gary Wilson can be proud of himself,after all those years of struggling to string somethin together,he did,nt give up and is finaly on to sumthin BIG,he seems a nice lad as well. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Wasn't Maflin's first semi. He made the semis of the 2013 PTC Grand Finals, losing to Ding.

First non bo7 Semi final then lol

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Wilson levels. Shame I have to go out in a bit as it looks like it could be a good one.

Call or text your girlfreind and tell her there,s a snooker match on right now,(live) which could be good.

I,m sure she,ll understand. :-D

Postby armchair de critique

I was a bit torn with these semis to be honest. The story of Maflin and Wilson reaching the semis let alone the Final was just brilliant, for them and for the sport. However I also am a massive fan of giants of the game meeting in finals. Ding vs Selby will provide that.

If Wilson wins then he really has nothing to lose in the final. Biggest match of his life but no expectation on him. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

armchair de critique wrote:I was a bit torn with these semis to be honest. The story of Maflin and Wilson reaching the semis let alone the Final was just brilliant, for them and for the sport. However I also am a massive fan of giants of the game meeting in finals. Ding vs Selby will provide that.

If Wilson wins then he really has nothing to lose in the final. Biggest match of his life but no expectation on him. <ok>

Yep,before this match even started i was hopin for a Selby/Ding final,but now that i,ve seen a bit o Wilson,i,m now not really bovered if Ding wins. :-)

And just as we speak,Wilson goes 4-3 up.
Last edited by hendry_fan on 04 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

No disrespect to Michael White and Joe Perry but this is the Biggest Ranking tournament since the UK Championship and Gary Wilson is the guy that's making hay while the sun shines.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:No disrespect to Michael White and Joe Perry but this is the Biggest Ranking tournament since the UK Championship and Gary Wilson is the guy that's making hay while the sun shines.

"making hay while the sun shines".

<laugh>

I liked that one Wild,been donkeys years since i heard that phrase. :-D

Your "Riding on the crest of a wave" was also very good. ;-)

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:well the sun is out today i almost forgot what it looked like

<laugh>

Flippin eck!,there,s sun in Wales!. :sun:

It,s chuckin it doon where i am. :mood:

Postby hendry_fan

armchair de critique wrote:what a black from Wilson <cool>

Yep,nice black to keep the break going,he,s got a great chance to go 5-3 up now. <ok>