Post a reply

Could John Higgins win?

Postby SnookerFan

Could John Higgins win the International Championship? Discuss.

Will John Higgins win the International Championship? Discuss.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 28 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Could John Higgins win?

Postby TheSaviour

John is one of the favourites. There are always a handful of players who realistically can win these, and John is certainly one of those. BUT always should be remembered that any project a human gets involved does posses some risks. Things might go wrong. That´s why I am never surprised when people talk the talk and so on.. Things happens. But I always try to count the risks and where the real value and prize does loom. People should understand that I never would had got involved into the things I have if things could go wrong.

Sorry a slightly out of the topic, but as you ASKED, and these are always a matter of an opinion. And my opinion is that John certainly can win this one too.

Postby Cloud Strife

Hope not, that would be ridiculous. Although, the alternative is looking like Selby or Robertson which is almost as bad if not worse. Really need Gilbert or Thepchaiya to step up.

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:Could John Higgins win the International Championship? Discuss.
I don't think Selby is playing well enough to beat him, and Higgins wouldn't lose to Thep/Gilbert.

SnookerFan wrote:Will Could John Higgins win the International Championship? Discuss.
I think TheSaviour gave a pretty good answer to this question. :-D

Postby Sickpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:Hope not, that would be ridiculous. Although, the alternative is looking like Selby or Robertson which is almost as bad if not worse. Really need Gilbert or Thepchaiya to step up.

Ridiculous? :shrug:

How so?

Postby Cloud Strife

Sickpotter wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Hope not, that would be ridiculous. Although, the alternative is looking like Selby or Robertson which is almost as bad if not worse. Really need Gilbert or Thepchaiya to step up.

How so?

Anytime Higgins wins anything is a slap in the face to sport of snooker.

I don't usually say this, but Selby needs to win tommorow for the good of the sport.

Postby Vallomas

Higgins is a legend of the game, period.

I also thought that he had become a journeyman, until he won this year's Welsh Open. But in the last few months he has proved that he is in good form again and I would like to see him winning a major tournament, like IC.

Postby Sickpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

How so?

Anytime Higgins wins anything is a slap in the face to sport of snooker.

I don't usually say this, but Selby needs to win tommorow for the good of the sport.

:roll:

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Higgins is a legend of the game, period.

I also thought that he had become a journeyman, until he won this year's Welsh Open. But in the last few months he has proved that he is in good form again and I would like to see him winning a major tournament, like IC.

Hadn't we all?

Attending the Welsh Open final, I thought that'd be his last tournament win.

I was proven wrong there. He won in Australia. Looking good here too.

Postby Gridlock

I predict I will raise a dram of The Macallan in Higgins honor later!

Postby Gridlock

Gridlock wrote:I predict I will raise a dram of The Macallan in Higgins honor later!

And although I wanted Selby to take this, I am also glad a Scot got this, so I raise my glass to John Higgins!

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Could John Higgins win the International Championship? Discuss.
I don't think Selby is playing well enough to beat him, and Higgins wouldn't lose to Thep/Gilbert.

SnookerFan wrote:Will Could John Higgins win the International Championship? Discuss.

Reading old threads, I noticed my error.

Bit late, but I have corrected it now. In case people from future generations read this forum. :-D

Postby QSM

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:

Reading old threads, I noticed my error.

Bit late, but I have corrected it now. In case people from future generations read this forum. :-D

In that case, you might wanna spell-check the title of the thread you made re. the Rack Pack.

Postby SnookerFan

QSM wrote:
In that case, you might wanna spell-check the title of the thread you made re. the Rack Pack.

rofl

No, I did notice that one after posting. Thought that one was slightly less embarrassing/noticeable.