Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 2

Postby Andre147

But not much wrong Mags did in this frame if he does end up losing it.

But yeah 4-0 nil down he won't recover from there, he's no Selby, Higgins, Dotty, Doherty at their best.

Postby Andre147

Yeah he won't recover from this position.

Mags might still make things interesting, say win 3 or 4 frames, but Allen surely will win this match.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Frame by frame analysis. The BBC could learn how to do snooker from ITV.

Beeb is more interested in cringeworthy stuff, namely about Judd's family and Ronnie's "problems".

Postby Andre147

Clive mentions a Winston Churchill quote :hatoff:

Dennis Taylor would likely mention his mate Darren Clarke from golf pmsl

Postby kolompar

Just started watching. The referee's outfit looks stupid with the black clothes and silver tie. Looks like Maguire's growing a beard, while Allen's clean shaven. :-D

Postby Wildey

you got to hand it to Mark Allen winning this afternoon against the odds i thought Hawkins looked the better player and then tonight winning a frame after Maguire did a 68 break.

he has bottle in abundance how hes not won more than he has is just unbelievable.

Postby Andre147

Allen should have won one of the Triple Crown events by now.

He might still do, bu he'll be just like Stevens, no more than 1 or 2.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Allen should have won one of the Triple Crown events by now.

Hes a better player than Stevens so its even more amazing hes not had more success.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

Hes a better player than Stevens so its even more amazing hes not had more success.

No he's not. At best you could say they're equal, but I'd lean towards Stevens. Has a far better record and did most of his best work whilst competing against a peak Hendry and Class of 92.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

No he's not. At best you could say they're equal, but I'd lean towards Stevens. Has a far better record and did most of his best work whilst competing against a peak Hendry and Class of 92.

In terms of bottle Allen is a million years better than Stevens.

But what counts is titles, and as it stands yes Stevens is way better than Allen.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Indeed. :spot on:

Postby kolompar

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Allen at his best looks a very good player, but he rarely plays his best. In an era where the Binghams are winning, Allen should have won much more.