Post a reply

Re: Paul Hunter Classic !!!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:2010? That seems like last month.

yea i remember that run so well still pisses me off 6 years later ;-)

Postby sas6789

Snooker seems to be becoming more of an old man's game every year. Jimmy who's been past his best for about 20 years and 54 years old beats one of the supposed up and coming talents (Michael White)

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:2010? That seems like last month.

yea i remember that run so well still pisses me off 6 years later ;-)

It's not like he held back young talent, he beat Mark King and John Higgins.

Postby Wildey

sas6789 wrote:Snooker seems to be becoming more of an old man's game every year. Jimmy who's been past his best for about 20 years and 54 years old beats one of the supposed up and coming talents (Michael White)

its concerning no doubt he beat Xiao Guodong and Michael White and lost to 44 year old Dominic Dale.

Postby Vallomas

Tom Ford went under the radar these days but he managed to book his place for a ranking final for the first time, by beating Un-Nooh 4-2.

Unfortunately, Theppy was again very nervous in his 4th ranking semi...

Postby Wildey

Tom Ford has reached his first Ranking Final and the potential of an all Leicester Final.

Selby currently 3-2 up on Dominic Dale

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:
sas6789 wrote:Snooker seems to be becoming more of an old man's game every year. Jimmy who's been past his best for about 20 years and 54 years old beats one of the supposed up and coming talents (Michael White)

its concerning no doubt he beat Xiao Guodong and Michael White and lost to 44 year old Dominic Dale.

Hard luck to Jimmy,but i,m sure that he,ll at least be a wee bit chuffed that he got as far as the 1/4,s,as you said,he beat the young guns,but then got beat by a oldie. <laugh>

So,it,s not only 2 Englishmen battling it out in this Paul Hunter classic final,it,s 2 Leicestermen.

COME ON MARK!,send your grumpy pal back to your borin city. :-D
Last edited by hendry_fan on 28 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Gridlock

It's a real shame to see how this event. ..especially the final. ..is being presented compared to last year.

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:It's a real shame to see how this event. ..especially the final. ..is being presented compared to last year.

I made the dissing thread, for that very reason.

Postby pasunegirafe

:D Yay, Mark! :win: Slowly, but steadily improving his win% in finals. Is this the sixth or seventh straight final he has won?

I hope the low budget look for PHC was only this year. Just terrible. Terrible camera work, terrible decor, terrible looking venue or hall or whatever they were playing in. Blegh :td:

Postby Clara8633

Congratulations Selbs on your 8th ranking title :D I know this should not have been made into a ranking tournament, but still.

Haven't been able to watch or post but decided to pop in just now :)

Postby hendry_fan

pasunegirafe wrote::D Yay, Mark! :win: Slowly, but steadily improving his win% in finals. Is this the sixth or seventh straight final he has won?

I hope the low budget look for PHC was only this year. Just terrible. Terrible camera work, terrible decor, terrible looking venue or hall or whatever they were playing in. Blegh :td:

The whole of this tourney they chucked on the EUROSPORT PLAYER,great way to promote snooker i must say!. :roll:

Very well done to Mark though,now chalks up his 8th ranking title and has now appeared in 16 ranking finals so far,keep em coming.

:win: :clap:

Postby Clara8633

pasunegirafe wrote::D Yay, Mark! :win: Slowly, but steadily improving his win% in finals. Is this the sixth or seventh straight final he has won?

The last final he lost was during the 2014 Masters against ROS; then he won two World Championships, three other ranking tournaments and two PTCs.

Postby motorhead

Clara8633 wrote:

The last final he lost was during the 2014 Masters against ROS; then he won two World Championships, three other ranking tournaments and two PTCs.

:win:

Postby pasunegirafe

Clara8633 wrote:

<ok> Clara with the stats!

Postby TheSaviour

PoolBoy wrote:
thecueview wrote:Here's my review...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-paul-hun ... eview.html

Another brilliant summary! Great work as always, CueView. :bowdown:

Yes, not much, if any, main surprises out there.. The more you got knowledge about the game the more precisely you can get the predictions and an in-depth analyses. Let´s take Jimmy for example; he certainly still got it, the best player ever to pick up the snooker cue if you ask me. Overally. He was Ronnie O´Sullivan of his own time. I found it always a 50-50 chance if he will deliver or not. Or will the pressure be too much for him? No matter how great potter he is. But some people who posses the more knowledge can see it more precisely than me. When he can deliver and when not, and if there is any player with the better overall-game than Jimmy got when at his best. Given how good it looks, and how audience can get going it with it, and how they can´t really see a flaw.

Another thing is that everyone else except Un-Nooh have seems to have forgot how to play. Perhaps the modern day pressure is just too much for them. Overall-game and how great it looks is just a one thing. Certainly seems that Thepchaiya can make it a common now. Which would be great for the game.

Postby thecueview

Thank you for the nice comments!

I was going to mention the poor coverage of this event, but I didn't really want to end the article negatively - especially with it being in honour of Paul Hunter.

The coverage is simply not good enough - simple as.

I already have Eurosport...why do I have to pay for and seek out another form of coverage?

No commentary as well on the stream I believe...very, very poor. Even I, (I commentate on Pool events via streaming) have tried contacting ES offering my services.

The tournament has been upgraded to full ranking status, although the money has stayed the same and the coverage dramatically dropped.

Another thing...ES player is not available in other areas. If, as Barry Hearn says, this sport is truly global, surely coverage needs to be inclusive for all???

Postby Gridlock

thecueview wrote:Thank you for the nice comments!

I was going to mention the poor coverage of this event, but I didn't really want to end the article negatively - especially with it being in honour of Paul Hunter.

The coverage is simply not good enough - simple as.

I already have Eurosport...why do I have to pay for and seek out another form of coverage?

No commentary as well on the stream I believe...very, very poor. Even I, (I commentate on Pool events via streaming) have tried contacting ES offering my services.

The tournament has been upgraded to full ranking status, although the money has stayed the same and the coverage dramatically dropped.

Another thing...ES player is not available in other areas. If, as Barry Hearn says, this sport is truly global, surely coverage needs to be inclusive for all???

Agree 100 percent. The setting for the event even did the namesake an injustice. It looked like an amateur qualifying tournament all the way through. Obviously because it wasn't on tv.look at last years!

Postby Wildey

Well done to Mark Selby 3 times Paul Hunter Classic winner and his 8th ranking title.

For me this tournament looked done on the cheap OK it was on Player as appose to Main Eurosport channell but main problem it looked bad no real set just qualifying boarding we will see in barnsley tomorrow. you could not here the ref calling scores that clearly and camera work was amateurish to say the least.

it might have been upgraded in to a full ranking event (buck knows how) because everything else was downgraded from the previous 6 years when it was a PTC.

But Selby does it again and i take nothing away from him the ultimate Pro.

Selby's Next outing is in Thailand for the 6 reds World Championship starting 5th of September while 112 players will head to barnsley to try and join him and the rest of the top 16 in shanghai mid September.