Post a reply

Re: Ronnie Decline???

Postby SnookerFan

Saw the video. Was amusing, but I'm not going to read an article about it.

What next? An article on Ronnie going to the toilet? Analysis of what he watched on TV? Explaining how crap he is because he scratches his foot?

Ronnie fans are so determined to prove decline, it's worrying.

Postby sas6789

He maybe SLIGHTLY past his best but he's definitely 100% not in decline, I mean he's the defending Masters Champion!

Being in decline IMO you are no longer wining or in contention (or rarely in contention) for tournaments. Hendry for instance was past his absolute best by about 1998 yet he was still a major a force for many years after and even won his seventh world title after this. I'd say Hendry was in decline from about 2007 onwards. And Davis was past his absolute best by about 1990 but was still a force for years afterwards and won The Masters in 1997.

Ronnie still has at least another 5 years where he'll be winning and in contention for big titles, and it wouldn't surprise me if he retired before he goes into too much decline.
Last edited by sas6789 on 28 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

sas6789 wrote:He maybe SLIGHTLY past his best his best but he's definitely 100% not in decline, I mean he's the defending Masters Champion!

He lost a frame in the Masters final, y'know. It wasn't a whitewash.

He lost even more frames when he won the Welsh Open final in February.

He didn't even win the final he got to a few weeks ago.

Anybody can see he's got worse all of 2016. Pathetic play from Ronnie, he is embarrassing the game.

Or something. :gag:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 28 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sas6789

SnookerFan wrote:
sas6789 wrote:He maybe SLIGHTLY past his best his best but he's definitely 100% not in decline, I mean he's the defending Masters Champion!

He lost a frame in the Masters final, y'know. It wasn't a whitewash.

He lost even more frames when he won the Welsh Open final in January.

He didn't even win the final he got to a few weeks ago.

Anybody can see he's got worse all of 2016. Pathetic play from Ronnie, he is embarrassing the game.

Or something. :gag:

Why the sarcasm? i was just giving my opinion

Postby SnookerFan

sas6789 wrote:Why the sarcasm? i was just giving my opinion

It wasn't aimed at you. In fact, you seem to be one of the few people talking sense on this subject.

In fact, there's not much of a subject to discuss in my opinion. Just he seems to have a lot of fans obsessed by proving that Ronnie can't play any more. I just can't understand why this is a big issue.

Every time he loses a match, or misses a shot it's decline. We've been saying he's in decline for at least three years now. He was in decline when he missed a pink in The Crucible final compared to some. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Are the rumours true that Ronnie pulled out of the China Championship because he's not good enough to beat John Higgins anymore? #decline

Postby Dan-cat

That's horse manure. But why he didn't stay on a couple of days and pick up £15k for the first round is beyond me!!! He must have made a shit-ton of money doing promotional stuff while in China.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:That's horse manure. But why he didn't stay on a couple of days and pick up £15k for the first round is beyond me!!! He must have made a shit-ton of money doing promotional stuff while in China.

As long as he can pay his school fees.

Postby TheSaviour

Christ. lol.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
sas6789 wrote:Why the sarcasm? i was just giving my opinion

It wasn't aimed at you. In fact, you seem to be one of the few people talking sense on this subject.

In fact, there's not much of a subject to discuss in my opinion. Just he seems to have a lot of fans obsessed by proving that Ronnie can't play any more. I just can't understand why this is a big issue.

Every time he loses a match, or misses a shot it's decline. We've been saying he's in decline for at least three years now. He was in decline when he missed a pink in The Crucible final compared to some. rofl

According to some, dumbass, not compared to some.

Postby SnookerFan

Rockettim147 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/snooker/2016/10/27/ronnie-osullivans-comic-fall-is-far-too-close-to-the-truth-for-m/ Just saw this.... FFS Ronnie

The guy's name is Jim White. <laugh>

What was the point in this article though? Ronnie tripped over playing a virtual reality game, which "proves he's declined in the game".

He's won the World Title twice since this nonsense was published. Mug journalism.

I stand by what I said previously in this thread. Why are people so desperate to prove that Ronnie is crap? It's been happening for years now. And not only from internet trolls trying to get a reaction, but from people who claim to be his fans.

I can understand if he went two or three seasons without playing well. Or somebody like Ding say, who hasn't won an even since 2019, dropped out of the top-16, and still is struggling now he's back in. And even then, nobody is recycling themselves in the same way that Ding definitely won't win another trophy, even if it is obvious his form is somewhat concerning.

Here's some prat writing an article a few months after he won The Masters and the Welsh Open, saying he's declined because he tripped over when playing a video game. <doh>

Postby Prop

Fantastic example of why certain old threads should be locked, so as not to confuse the locals.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Fantastic example of why certain old threads should be locked, so as not to confuse the locals.

Even if Ed bumped this thread accidentally, I think we should leave this open as an example of Jim White's divvy article.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Fantastic example of why certain old threads should be locked, so as not to confuse the locals.

Even if Ed bumped this thread accidentally, I think we should leave this open as an example of Jim White's divvy article.

Aye. Agree there. Bloody Whitey at it again with his crap.

Postby SnookerEd25

Is that the same Jim White who is a twatty Sky Sports News (w)anchor?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Is that the same Jim White who is a twatty Sky Sports News (w)anchor?

I have no idea.

I thought it was the bloke who lost six Crucible finals.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/snooker/2016/10/27/ronnie-osullivans-comic-fall-is-far-too-close-to-the-truth-for-m/ Just saw this.... FFS Ronnie

What was the point in this article though? Ronnie tripped over playing a virtual reality game, which "proves he's declined in the game".

He's won the World Title twice since this nonsense was published. Mug journalism.

I stand by what I said previously in this thread. Why are people so desperate to prove that Ronnie is crap? It's been happening for years now. And not only from internet trolls trying to get a reaction, but from people who claim to be his fans.

I can understand if he went two or three seasons without playing well. Or somebody like Ding say, who hasn't won an even since 2019, dropped out of the top-16, and still is struggling now he's back in. And even then, nobody is recycling themselves in the same way that Ding definitely won't win another trophy, even if it is obvious his form is somewhat concerning.

Here's some prat writing an article a few months after he won The Masters and the Welsh Open, saying he's declined because he tripped over when playing a video game. <doh>

It quite literally shows him on the decline though.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'll decline you through that window.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'll decline you through that window.

That’s ‘defenestrate’ ya mook :hmmm: