Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Andre147

Yes MDG Perry after needing a snooker, Ronnie a black ball away from losing.

We can never know how a final pans out... even between 2 top players like the 2015 Final it can happen a procession...

Perry could play like the WC 2014 Last 16 when he lost 13-11 to Ron, or he could fold like a pack of cards...

Either way, Ronnie should win really, hopefully playing inspired Snooker.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

would be nice if ronnie could defend the masters title for a change. came close in 2006 (two pots away) and 2010 vs selby. Will never get a better chance now. Defended his WC in 2013, nearly double defended it in 2014.
And to lose another final in the major after the Uk would be sickening. Or maybe he will do a Selby who also lost the Master and Uk finals in the 2013/2014 season only to win the WC. But shouldnt be ronnies ambition.

Come on Ronnie. Get your first title of the season.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:On a side note, this may have gone unoticed to most of you, but Ronnie may face disciplany action from the WPBSA after this:

http://www.eurosport.com/snooker/the-ma ... tory.shtml

making it more controversial than it is. but the to question a referees place in major semi final event is low from ronnie. hopefully he wont get distracted by this and all is dealt like it should be after the final and not during it.

Postby TheRocket

hope to see another peak masters final performance from the Rocket. He did it in 2005,2007 and 2014. Even last year wasn't bad. I want him to destroy Perry (no disrespect to Perry) and I think, Ronnie has something to prove.

Winning a major final in great style is what he needs to gain some confidence for the World Championship especially.

Postby eraserhead

Bit of controversy doesn't always hurt Ronnie.

Ronnie clear favourite obviously, he's been against very top players in his most recent finals and was a bit flat looking forward to seeing how he performs in this test.

One more match!

Postby Andre147

The bit of controversy from Ronnie was bang out of order! Camileri is one of the best refs out there and deserves to ref big matches like this, like he's done for the past few years. Regarding the photographer, maybe Ronnie is right, but still there are other ways to express your point.

Ronnie just being Ronnie I suppose.

Postby Andre147

Regarding the Final, hope Ronnie brings his A game to the table. I also feel he has something to prove on this one after losing 3 straight Finals.Hopefully he plays like 2005 and 2007. In 2014 Ronnie didn't play great, Selby maybe made him look great because Selby was awful most of the times. Ronnie put pressure on him though.

If Ronnie does thrash Perry, I hope it's due to Ronnie's brilliance and not due to Perry folding badly.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie plays his 12th Masters final, 22 years after his first in 1995.

He only lost one match at the Masters in the last 4 years (against Neil Robertson in 2015).

If Ronnie were to win tomorrow he would have won (at least) one of the triple crown events for 6 consecutive seasons now.

Good summary

Great post.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:The bit of controversy from Ronnie was bang out of order! Camileri is one of the best refs out there and deserves to ref big matches like this, like he's done for the past few years. Regarding the photographer, maybe Ronnie is right, but still there are other ways to express your point.

Ronnie just being Ronnie I suppose.

What did he say about the referee?

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie plays his 12th Masters final, 22 years after his first in 1995.

He only lost one match at the Masters in the last 4 years (against Neil Robertson in 2015).

If Ronnie were to win tomorrow he would have won (at least) one of the triple crown events for 6 consecutive seasons now.

His fourth final of the season. Not bad for somebody who declined in 2014, according to this site. <ok>

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:On a side note, this may have gone unoticed to most of you, but Ronnie may face disciplany action from the WPBSA after this:

http://www.eurosport.com/snooker/the-ma ... tory.shtml

He should be disciplined, but the game needs more refs like Jan Verhaas, Michaela Tabb and Paul Collier who aren't afraid to put people in their place when they're mucking around on the shot; there was a lot of that yesterday for whatever reason, even in the evening match. A lot of stopping and having to get up off the shot.

Good luck to Joe today. Would be one of the biggest upsets in the modern game if he beat O'Sullivan today.

Postby hendry_fan

No disrespect to Joe,he,s had a GREAT week,the best he,s ever had,but he,s got 0 chance in this final.

Rockettim147,wrote this earlier this week,on the Selby Williams thread.......

"Would love to see MJW win this, but he has more chance winning the lottery <laugh>"

And i wrote back,"thats a bit harsh,but yeah,i can see where your comin from".

Well,Williams ALMOST did end up winning,but at the end of the day,almost aint good enough.

I,m gonna write this,....

,....Would love to see Perry win this,but he has more chance of bein able to snap a photo of Nessie. :roll: :-D

Snooker has always had and always will have to odd incredidble shock result(s),but as much as i,d love there to be a shock in thjis final,there,s no way it,ll happen,i don,t like being wrong,but i,d really like to be wrong this time. :-D

I fuuuuullly admit,it really did cheeeese me off when Wenbo missed that easy match black ball against Ronnie,i felt like throwin my tv through the window,it also cheeesed me off at the run o the ball that Ron got against Robbo,but every player has had matches in which luck,a BIG run o the ball has been on there side.

It,s definatley time that the Hendry bashin stops,that the tryin to devalue certain matches that Hendry won is put to bed now.

We,ve been through this topic many times in the past,but i just wanna mention it one more time.

It,s very easy for Hendry haters to sit in the armchairs and spout out how <easy> he seemingly had it througout the 90,s,yeah,sure there were many matches in which his oppoenents played rubbish,weak against him,but that was mainly bcause he put them under so much pressure,they knew full well just how god damn great he was,to try n label the 90,s as a weak era is just pure bl**dy ignorance,i,m sure,(of course,we,ll never ever know for sure),that many players of the 90,s,even some of the 80,s could compete with the crop of last or the current crop,just cause many did,nt make century after century,or play as many BIG breaks as they do these days,does,nt mean to say that they were rubbish,many played more saftey than rather go for cetain pots.

There were a good few times where Hendry really SHOULD,VE been kicked out in certain matches,but you see,the same can be said about Ronnie,i,ve lost count the number of times he was there for the takin and should of got sent packin,i,ve lost count the amount of times that certain opponents played rubbish,weak against him,in fact the same can be said for a lot of other players.

In every era,there has been countless very high standard matches as well as matches in which thre was nuthin special.

tryin to devalue certain wins is nonsense,eg,one could try and devalue Shaun Murphys World Championship win,one could say,had he of played eg a prime Hendry or an on song Ronnie,Williams,Higgins,whatever,he probably would,nt have won it,there a hundreds of examples in which one could devalue certain achievments,or try n devalue certain wins.

But eg,in this example,Smurph won the 2005 worlds,no-one can change that.

Ronnie eg,was a very lucky laddie,even gettin past this 1st round in this years Masters,he had the run in his match against Robbo,but he then moved up a gear against Fu and is now in the final.

Ronnie and Hendry,as well as the likes of Davis,Higgins,Williams,Selby have gotten through many matches due to a bit o luck here n there,due to they,re opponents missin,bottling pots,due to they,re aura,they all have fully earned the fear factor they had,that takes some doing to achieve that.

So lets have a bit more respect for these guys,of course i don,t expect everyone to like them,everyone of course has there personal favourites,to each of there own as the sayin goes,but hey,come on,all of these i,ve just mentioned,as well as a good few others players certainly deserve respect.

Snooker,just like life in general is full of IF,S N BUT,S,WOULD,VE,S,COULD,VE,S,SHOULD,VE,S.

Any tournament takes some doing to win.

God,i think i,ll pop back to bed for a hour,i,m knackered after writin all of that,i was in the mood for writin that and gettin it out of my system. <laugh>

But,don,t worry folks,thats all i want to say for the rest of this tourney,i hope you,ve enjoyed that post,might of given some of you a bit o food for thought.

One last note for the mom,.........

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN JOE!!.

:happy: <laugh>

If ronnie indeed goes on and wins this,i will congratulate him.

If Perry somehow manages to pull of a miracle and wins,then i,ll also come on here and congratulate him.

Tattie bye for now folks.

Enjoy the final. :-D

Postby Andre147

Yes HF you're right, even the greats of the game have had times when they REALY should have been knocked ou but they werent...

The black Liang missed is another prime example of it. Many a time a player is about to get kicked out of the tournament, he isn't, and then goes on to win the tournament.

Hopefully that's the case with Ronnie again this week, similar to his German Masters win actually when Higginson was also one ball away from leaving Ronnie requiring Snooker to win the match.