Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There was a time when Ronnie wasn't playing well, he'd give up and throw in the towel. That is what Steve Peters has helped with.

Some tournaments this year he's played poorly and got to finals. I know his fans want to pretend that it's a negative. It really isn't. Once when he wasn't playing well, he'd go out in the first round to a qualifier. Now he plays badly, and gets to the final.

But what do I know? I'm not a Ronnie fan, so I'm not allowed to acknowledge he's one of the best players ever. Or that he's improved. I'm dull, apparently.

You're missing the point. Anyway, forget this. Move on.

what the buck is the point?

Ronnie's not as good as before, he's still great, just not as consistently good as before. That's the point. Call it decline if you want.

Nobody here is saying he's a disgrace or can't play the game anymore. That's just silly talk.

Hes Older Joe Davis is not as good as he used to be is he lets be real here

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There was a time when Ronnie wasn't playing well, he'd give up and throw in the towel. That is what Steve Peters has helped with.

Some tournaments this year he's played poorly and got to finals. I know his fans want to pretend that it's a negative. It really isn't. Once when he wasn't playing well, he'd go out in the first round to a qualifier. Now he plays badly, and gets to the final.

But what do I know? I'm not a Ronnie fan, so I'm not allowed to acknowledge he's one of the best players ever. Or that he's improved. I'm dull, apparently.

Ronnie's not as good as before, he's still great, just not as consistently good as before. That's the point. Call it decline if you want.

Nobody here is saying he's a disgrace or can't play the game anymore. That's just silly talk.

Spot on.

So what's the problem with acknowledging that?

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:You'd swear being told you're in decline is like being called a runt. Ronnie's in decline because he's not as good as he used to be. Doesn't mean he's rubbish or that he isn't going to be around in even a year's time.

buckers.

Good post.

Postby Lucky

snookerguy wrote:
Lucky wrote:Lol. You lot are are crazy. This thread is like comedy sketch.

Oh, the stazi have descended. Finally.

You got the censoring truncheon at the ready.

Ha.... I never censored anything ever. You got me mixed up with someone who gives a buck.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Hunter won the Masters 3 times before turning 25.

If he hadn't died he could have even be the most prolific winner of this tournament.

The first tournament I ever attended was the 2006 Masters, opening day.

Davis lost to Bingham. Dull. But I saw Hunter's last Masters appearance vs. Mark Williams. Paul was bald, Mark struggled. He felt sympathy, but wanted to be professional. Mark took no pleasure in winning 6-3. Hunter took great pleasure in winning three frames.

Bittersweet.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Spot on.

So what's the problem with acknowledging that?

Let's give it a rest with this shall we guys?

There's obviously a fundamental difference in outlook that we're never going to make each other come around to our point of view.

May as well be debating the existence of God.

I'd like to see Joe make this match interesting, the evening session hasn't lived up to the promise of the afternoon in that regard, partly because Ronnie's been getting his Selby on and partly because Joe's been twitching like a kitten on crack.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hunter won the Masters 3 times before turning 25.

If he hadn't died he could have even be the most prolific winner of this tournament.

The first tournament I ever attended was the 2006 Masters, opening day.

Davis lost to Bingham. Dull. But I saw Hunter's last Masters appearance vs. Mark Williams. Paul was bald, Mark struggled. He felt sympathy, but wanted to be professional. Mark took no pleasure in winning 6-3. Hunter took great pleasure in winning three frames.

Bittersweet.

I remember that match well. Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:I have never, ever, stopped believing Ronnie will win seven world titles in his career. I still think he will do it. Call me crazy.

I stopped believeing after he lost the 2014 Final.

I still fully believe he can win a 6th. <ok>

Postby snookerguy

Lucky wrote:
snookerguy wrote:
Lucky wrote:Lol. You lot are are crazy. This thread is like comedy sketch.

Oh, the stazi have descended. Finally.

You got the censoring truncheon at the ready.

Ha.... I never censored anything ever. You got me mixed up with someone who gives a buck.

You've censored plenty in the past, as a quick scroll through the suggestions forum will prove.

Nice to actually see a mod here though... that's a rarity (Wildey doesn't count as he's useless - asked him to move a thread over a week ago and it's still stuck in the wrong forum!)