Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby Cheshire Cat

The first interesting Masters final for a long time. The latest ones have been very one-sided. Congrats to Ronnie, and Joe played some great stuff, especially the second session!

Postby TheRocket

This one is a proper record. He obviously holds the record of most maximums, centuries, youngest ranking event winner, this that but now the man is the record champion of one of the biggest three snooker tournaments.

Postby SnookerFan

I stand by my opinions from earlier.

I congratulate Ronnie on winning.

I don't like his personality. I don't like a lot of the Ally Pally Ronnietards.

But he's clearly an amazing player, and will continue to scoff at those who say otherwise. I can acknowledge his skill, despite rarely wanting him to win.

Sorry these opinion bore/ offend some.

I'm going to bed.

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:This one is a proper record. He obviously holds the record of most maximums, centuries, youngest ranking event winner, this that but now the man is the record champion of one of the biggest three snooker tournaments.

:hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Well, I kind of thought he'd win that. Sorry if that opinion upset his fans at all.

I'm a fan and I was never in doubt.

I thought he would win the uk and you also snookerfan if I remember well but I did not see him win the masters unlike you at least I was not my favorite.

Congratulations to your prediction.

Postby Iranu

I'm glad the final was more exciting than it seemed at the mid-session interval this evening.

Shame that Ronnie still didn't play well, but the fact that he actually won without playing great is a confidence booster.

Good match in parts from Perry, unfortunately his heavy scoring was interspersed with too many bad misses. He let Ronnie off the hook this afternoon and that was his downfall.

Not sure if he'll get a better chance to win a major, Ronnie was there for the taking today.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:I stand by my opinions from earlier.

But he's clearly an amazing player, and will continue to scoff at those who say otherwise. I can acknowledge his skill, despite rarely wanting him to win.

I'm going to bed.

Don't apologise to idiots.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:This one is a proper record. He obviously holds the record of most maximums, centuries, youngest ranking event winner, this that but now the man is the record champion of one of the biggest three snooker tournaments.

Absolutely!

Dont care if he won it playuing far from his bestm in fact I'd say this is one of his worst performances in a Final to win.

He won, that's ALL that matters.

RONNIE :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:

I'm going to bed.

Believe it or not, people on here are not idiots.

I like these people, which is why I've stayed here for so long.

Postby Alex0paul

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I think Perry will struggle to get over losing this tbh

I don't think so at all. He will remember his comeback in the semis.

He's always struggled in the past to get over defeats in big matches

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I'm going to bed.

Believe it or not, people on here are not idiots.

I like these people, which is why I've stayed here for so long.

That's cute. I like most of them too to be honest.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:But he's clearly an amazing player, and will continue to scoff at those who say otherwise.

Which is literally nobody.

I too hate the fans at the Masters, they're unbelievably disrespectful, constantly ahouting over players' interviews. I wish Ronnie hadn't called them a great crowd because they're not. They're just bucking annoying.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

Absolutely!

Dont care if he won it playuing far from his bestm in fact I'd say this is one of his worst performances in a Final to win.

He won, that's ALL that matters.

RONNIE :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

It's by far the worst he's ever played in a TC final Andre and we all know he needed Perry as an opponent to win this today. But as you say, it doesnt matter. He deserves this. 12 Mastersfinals, he has even underachieved by winning only 7. Especially considering how many tight ones he lost.

So absolutely deserves to be lucky this time.

Postby LC

Didn't play well, but that was an important victory because of recent losses in finals, no matter how it was achieved starting this year with a title willl make last years disappointments easier to forget