Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Joe Perry

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:Who is to say that a Selby or a Trump would've beaten Ronnie? They weren't in the final for a reason.

Interesting interview afterwards which Andre posted, he felt he was cueing fine and a lot of the issues were to do with the tip.

I think a Selby or Trump would've taken their opportunities better and not sacrificed the 5-1 lead, but like you say they couldn't make it that far anyway.

Winning when he's playing well and winning when he's struggling, sounds like he could be becoming a danger in time for Sheffield.

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who is to say that a Selby or a Trump would've beaten Ronnie? They weren't in the final for a reason.

Interesting interview afterwards which Andre posted, he felt he was cueing fine and a lot of the issues were to do with the tip.

I think a Selby or Trump would've taken their opportunities better and not sacrificed the 5-1 lead, but like you say they couldn't make it that far anyway.

Winning when he's playing well and winning when he's struggling, sounds like he could be becoming a danger in time for Sheffield.

I could see that he couldn't put the cue ball where he wanted in the last few frames - it became a potfest for him, and all the more thrilling for it!

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well done to Ronnie!.

The absolute MASTER OF THE MASTERS!. X7!.

:bowdown: <ok> :win: :clap:

You are in a magnanimous mood today.

Get in Ronnie!!

Well that was an ace tournament. Next stop Tempodrome!!

Yep,even though i,m not chuffed about Ron winning this/how he won this,i,ll still give him credit and show respect.

Pity some,especially some ronnie fan boyz,(Johnny Bravo,#cough,cough#) can,t,/don,t want to do the same and acknowledge Hendry,his wins,records he set,still has and his achievements . :roll:

If he and certain others don,t wanna have respect for Hendry and all that he,s achieved,then fine,it,s obviously there choice,it sure aint a must,but to try n rubbish him,devalue his achievements,well,thats just sour grapes n ignorance at the highest level.
Last edited by hendry_fan on 23 Jan 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Dan-cat

"I have never felt so vulnerable because I couldn't play three quarters of the shots I wanted to so I had to hang in there and I'm proud that I was able to do that in such a major tournament."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/38714359

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

I think ronnie would have lost against a selby caliber player if he had played the way he plays one.

He played his first session as he played at uk against selby.

Result: 4-4 against perry and 6-2 against selby.

And the final session in the uk he really played very well unlike where here at masters. he certainly played better than the first but it was not also imperial.

After you're right selby or another top player was not there in the final so ... we will never know the scenario of the game if it had been the case as I said in my previous post

The most important is victory. No matter how.

What we retain are the titles.

Postby Goldenballs147

mantorok wrote:

Was this the post match interview with Hazel or was there another?

Postby mantorok

Goldenballs147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:

Was this the post match interview with Hazel or was there another?

Eurosport, see previous page on here.

Postby Wildey

I Think Ronnie level of play dropped yesterday because of the pressure he was feeling having lost 3 finals this season.

Also his obsession with his tip was also a indication of his mental state and the desperation for everything to click so he did win a tournament at long last.

you could argue he was lucky to play a player like Perry who is not used to play at this level in a major Final when Ronnie was feeling so vulnerable.

i think Ronnie played better in the 3 finals he lost than he did yesterday but the longer you go without winning the Harder it gets.

Possibly a monkey has been lifted from his back by winning that he can relax a bit when the next event comes up.

Postby Andre147

Yes you're right Wild, despite everything, he did play better in his last 3 Finals prior to yesterday. He was feeling it no doubt, plus as you say the tip problems didn't help and he ws there for the taking, a better player would definately have taken at least a 5-3 lead in the 1st session and could have beaten him.

Hopefullly next time he reaches a final he'll be more relaxed as you say. it was also interesting to hear that in the Sunday morning Ronnie was trying to get tickets sorted out for many of his friends asking him, and he said all that fuss made him lose focus as well.

He then said he learned from it and won't make that mistake again before a big match like that.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, I'm just re-reading this thread, and I was a bit arsey in the evening session. Some of it was just the booze talking.

A few days late, but sorry to my snooker peeps.

Don't sweat it, my friend! :-)