Post a reply

Was that a perfect session?

Postby Pink Ball

Ding Junhui and Mark Selby have just served up what I think was one of the very finest sessions of snooker I've ever seen. It had everything: big breaks, superb safety, misses, bottle, punches, counterpunches, nicked frames. I'm in awe of both players.

Re: Was that a perfect session?

Postby Cloud Strife

Love how 90% of the Crucible crowd is in favour of Ding.

I think Selby could be this generation's Hendry or Davis, the villain of the piece.

Postby Vallomas

It was, I agree. Full of emotion, I think that I 'll dedicate some hours to watch it again -at least the highlights.

Postby Iranu

For an audience, yes.

Long, excellent safety battles, great shotmaking and breakbuilding, enough misses to make it interesting while still maintaining an excellent standard, stolen frames.

Makes you wonder how the pot success was so low - I guess the excellent safety meant there were more half chances and shors to mothing than usual because both players were clinical in the balls.

Postby ScottCorno

Cloud Strife wrote:Love how 90% of the Crucible crowd is in favour of Ding.

I think Selby could be this generation's Hendry or Davis, the villain of the piece.

There was certainly a feeling in the room that Ding needed to win the session... I think that's why so many were vocal for him last night!