Post a reply

Re: Paul Hunter Classic

Postby eraserhead

Hope White wins. We'll have two winners in a row in their 20's.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

He takes you up streets and the rain comes down
Sidewalk markets locked up tight
And umbrellas bright on a grey background
There's oil on the puddles in taffeta patterns
That run down the drain
In colored arrangements
That Michael will change with a stick that he found

Postby Alex0paul

What an incredible tournament

Postby TheSaviour

I heard that Miguel (Gary Wilson) finally admitted he hasn´t had any own reasoning for years rofl rofl rofl rofl .

Leaving it to the leader then. And to promote the next generations. HERO. That famous one word thing. HERO. Then. GW.

And I still don´t know where that Furth is. :plane: Sub-standards tournament. A Jericho-building. rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:...
So finally some sensible results, a valid stuff. It is finally all settled to SNOOKERFAN now.

I once again thought quite a long time if I can post something like this...

Unless I'm much mistaken, this is the first time you've ever addressed another member of the site Savey-baby?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:...
So finally some sensible results, a valid stuff. It is finally all settled to SNOOKERFAN now.

I once again thought quite a long time if I can post something like this...

Unless I'm much mistaken, this is the first time you've ever addressed another member of the site Savey-baby?

Postby Dan-cat

Just watching the final back. The TV coverage has a different feel somehow to the usual Eurosport events. A little classier, the lighting less bright, a bit more of a filmic quality. More cinematic. Interesting.

And only one commentator in Fouldsy. I actually preferred this I think to a Phil Yates hype-man he's usually teamed with, bit more quiet between the shots.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've just been on a steam train.

Where?

The Bluebell Railway.

Sheffield Parkway to East Grinstead. And back again.

I've been on that train. 20 years ago

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Just watching the final back. The TV coverage has a different feel somehow to the usual Eurosport events. A little classier, the lighting less bright, a bit more of a filmic quality. More cinematic. Interesting.

And only one commentator in Fouldsy. I actually preferred this I think to a Phil Yates hype-man he's usually teamed with, bit more quiet between the shots.

Saving the best quality productions, for those events stuck on the Player. rofl

I prefer Foulds to Yates, as well. Foulds obviously knows a lot, but presents what he says in a more informal, easy to listen to style. He speaks with a way that you know that he knows his stuff, without having to exaggerate his knowledge. You feel you could easily have a conversation about snooker with him.

Yates has to say everything like he's the voice over guy on a big budget movie trailer. "Shaun. Murphy. Walks. To The Table. He. Looks Down. As he.... Attempts. To Break Off." :zzz:

Also, as commendable as Yates' knowledge of the game is, especialy when compared to the BBC guys, it doesn't mean he has to lecture you on stats about every facet of the game. "Since. Nineteen. Eighty. Seven. There. Have Been. Three. Left. Handed Players. Who. Have. Made. A Break. Of. Above. 50. When. Their. Opponent. Has Already. Made. A. Break. Of. 30. Or. Higher. There. Is A. 46.7% chance. That. This Wouldn't. In Fact. Happen. Quite Extraordinary." <doh>

Postby Dan-cat

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Well. Quiiite. IT's. pretty. annoying. Like being spoon fed warm diarrhea.

On another note, Michael White's play reminds me of Paul Hunter, the way he punches the ball in really strongly.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:On another note, Michael White's play reminds me of Paul Hunter, the way he punches the ball in really strongly.

Quite extraordinary.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Just watching the final back. The TV coverage has a different feel somehow to the usual Eurosport events. A little classier, the lighting less bright, a bit more of a filmic quality. More cinematic. Interesting.

you mean it was done on the cheap it did not feel like a tournament. they could have atleast spent some cash on a proper set instead of qualifying boards from Preston.