Post a reply

Indian Open Semi Finals and Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 12th ~ Saturday 16th of September at Novotel Varum Beach, India

Xu Si in his first Pro season has reached his first Semi Final in contrast his oponment John Higgins will be playing in his 64th Semi Final and must fancy his chances of his 29th Ranking title.

in the other Semi Final Mark King will be looking for his Second Ranking title as will Defending Champion Anthony McGill following his win last year in India.

Who will win?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Indian Open Semi Finals and Final !!!

Postby hendry_fan

It,s lookin good that a Scot,ll win another bit o silverware again.

Would be quite somethin if Ants could go on and win and defend his title.

But it would be really somethin if Higgins goes on and wins this tourney,that would put him on 2nd place on the most ranking tourneys won list. :happy:

COMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNN JOHN!,send your next victim packin,Xu Si. :clap:

Postby chengdufan

The pronunciation of Xu Si is actually pretty close to 'Shoes', rather than Susie. If anyone's interested :)

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:The pronunciation of Xu Si is actually pretty close to 'Shoes', rather than Susie. If anyone's interested :)

Maybe we should start calling him that. <ok>

Postby gcjdavid

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
chengdufan wrote:The pronunciation of Xu Si is actually pretty close to 'Shoes', rather than Susie. If anyone's interested :)

Is X always a 'sh' sound then? I must admit I thought it was 'Su Si'. Thanks Chengdufan

It's closer to 'sh' than 's'.

Also when 'u' is preceded by 'j', 'q' or 'x' in Chinese, the u is pronounced as the German ü.

Postby TheSaviour

Must be an all Scottish final now! I thought I would had posted already before this Anthony´s match. Just busy as usual.

I actually fancy him to get better even against John, if it comes to that! Anthony has really improved with no end lately.

Postby chengdufan

Chinese has two sounds similar to the English 'sh', X and Sh. Flatten your tongue to get the soft X. Curl your tongue up and to the back of your mouth for the harder Sh.
Similar for the Chinese J and Zh, which sound like an English 'j' (hence Zhou sounds like 'joe'). And the Chinese Q and Ch, which sound like an English 'ch'

Postby gcjdavid

TheSaviour wrote:Must be an all Scottish final now! I thought I would had posted already before this Anthony´s match. Just busy as usual.

I actually fancy him to get better even against John, if it comes to that! Anthony has really improved with no end lately.

Not if John Higgins misses sitters.

Postby hendry_fan

TheSaviour wrote:Must be an all Scottish final now! I thought I would had posted already before this Anthony´s match. Just busy as usual.

Good morning Mr Saviour,

This post you,ve written deserves not only a pint o Irn Bru,but it also deserves a bit o silverware,i understood the whole of it. :-D

Indeed it looks like it,ll be an all Scottish final,although,one should never take anythin for granted.

Brilliant from Ants to beat King,he was behind the whole of the match,but knocked in a 55 which helped him to win the decider and match. :clap:

Postby kolompar

Xu Si keeping up with Higgins, 2-2. Didn't expect him to do so well, apart from the Indian Open he played 5 matches this season and lost them all. Now he's reached a ranking semi before Zhou Yuelong or Yan Bingtao.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Didn't think we'd be seeing Xu Si in a semi final this quick.

There goes my hope of seeing him coming out at the Crucible to "Wake Up Little Susie".

Postby Wildey

McGill goes 2-0 down he needs to stop the rot in the next frame

did not have a clear cut chance in the opener but in frame 2 he will be kicking himself after a great chance to pinch it from behind

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Didn't think we'd be seeing Xu Si in a semi final this quick.

There goes my hope of seeing him coming out at the Crucible to "Wake Up Little Susie".

He could still have it. Nothing stopping him.