Post a reply

Re: Yushan World Open Final !!!

Postby Alex0paul

Wilson benefited from a kind draw IMO

Great to see Ding win with ease

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:How long can it to in for? Eurosport are scheduled to be on for another 1 hour 45 minutes.

I'm phrasing things badly there.

That will look weird when I read this thread, pre-tournament next year.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Good to see Ding crushing this hyped up player

Hes a ranking event winner and reached his Third ranking Final in 3 years.

Yea hes not ready to dominate nowhere close to that but he will proberbly be at the masters on the back of this week if that doesent deserve a bit of credit dont know what does.

seriously theres some stupid posting going on if i would have the time or could be fussed id go through some of the crap.

Postby LC

Dings only 4 years older and has been in 18 ranking finals winning 12, and you could argue he has underachieved, because he's never won the world title and has only 3 or 4 majors, so Wilson is definitely not pulling any trees up with 3 finals in 3 years!

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:

Yea hes not ready to dominate nowhere close to that but he will proberbly be at the masters on the back of this week if that doesent deserve a bit of credit dont know what does.

seriously theres some stupid posting going on if i would have the time or could be fussed id go through some of the crap.

McGill and White have more ranking titles than him yet aren't anywhere near as hyped up.

Postby hendry_fan

Aye,i thought that Ding would pull it off and did,nt he half,he gave the young gun quite a spanking,(10-3),..........................

,....................although Kyren beat him in the highest break dept,He knocked in a century,a *104*,Ding did,nt even make one,his highest break was a mere 93. :shock: :-)

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

McGill and White have more ranking titles than him yet aren't anywhere near as hyped up.

McGill has only 1 ranking title and played in 2 finals and White has won 1 Ranking title and a glorified PTC neither has won a 2 session final in a proper Ranking tournament over 2 session.

Postby eraserhead

There's a lot of distance between Kyren's best and his usual level of play he was brilliant in his Shanghai win but his scoring isn't great when he's not on it. Created some good opportunities in the match just couldn't make the most of them.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

McGill has only 1 ranking title and played in 2 finals and White has won 1 Ranking title and a glorified PTC neither has won a 2 session final in a proper Ranking tournament over 2 session.

They both have 2 ranking titles like it or not. They both have Crucible Quarter Finals. McGill even beat Wilson in the final of one. Yet Wilson is the one talked about as a future WC

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I now think that Wilson is a more-likely future World Champion than Ding.

Steady on, mate.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:McGill, White & Wilson are all exciting prospects. Along with Brecel, they form an exciting band of young Turks, ready to lead the game into the next decade.

Well, the future isn't too bright then if this is the best young talent snooker has got, leading into the next decade.

They're not even anywhere near as good as the Selby, Robertson, Ding, Murphy generation, never mind the class of 92.

Hopefully, some of the young Chinese lads can get something going otherwise the upcoming era will even worse than the current one.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Fair play Cloud - I always respect your view. The earlier era was exceptional but I can live with watching these boys and seeing if they can make the era their own. I wonder if the Chinese interest will wane if they don't produce a WC in the next 3-5 years.

Robertson has been a huge disappointment these last couple of years though. I did really enjoy watching him and he seemed ready to dominate but he will look back with a huge degree of disappointment if he doesn't straighten his rubbish out soon.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

They both have 2 ranking titles like it or not. They both have Crucible Quarter Finals. McGill even beat Wilson in the final of one. Yet Wilson is the one talked about as a future WC

No i do not accept McGill got 2 bucking ranking titles just because World Snooker supremo has had a bucking breakdown and in cloud coocoo land.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I now think that Wilson is a more-likely future World Champion than Ding.

Steady on, mate.

Dings time is passing each year the expectation on his shoulders getting heavier and heavier.

as we have now established Kyren has not got the same expectations just like Bingham didnt.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Does Ronnie have any intentions to play any time soon? Wont play the IC qualies.

Remind me. Is he at the European Masters?

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:I was wrong, SF.
He plays Gerard Greene on Friday at the IC qualies.

Oh right. Good stuff.

But not in Belgium? I'm legitimately asking, as I don't know.