Post a reply

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Final !!!!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:How will Ronnie perform at the NI Open remains to be seen...

The UK Champs is the next big one in his sights.

Maybe I should stop saying he should lose early to prepare properly for a coming event... he did the reverse these last 2 weeks.

Surely I can't go deep in both events... Or can he?

Are you Ronnie?

You got me.

Postby Dan-cat

Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:btw. that was a very frosty handshake in the end.

I thought it would be. They've been competing in a lot of finals since CoC 2014 and it was only going to get more competitive as the rivalry continued.

Judd feels he should be the one to take over Ronnie and basically not lose to him at this stage of Ronnie's career but Ronnie's still keeping him at bay.

Andre talked about a game plan, and he did turn down a few surprising pots. It worked. 7 nil freeze out. Of course, you have to be playing well to execute a game plan like that and good job that he was.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Dan-cat wrote:Andre talked about a game plan, and he did turn down a few surprising pots. It worked. 7 nil freeze out. Of course, you have to be playing well to execute a game plan like that and good job that he was.

Correct. He was also clutch with the clearances and the tight frames he won.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Mentally regarding snooker he should be fine.

But the traveling and adjusting to time zones might be difficult this time.

I suppse he flies tomorrow. Has one day rest and plays the day after in the evening.

I dont care. 2 rankers in a season and he played actually well in the finals and won them.

Thats the most satisfying thing.

Maybe he will give his all and rest up in th Christmas break.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've put a Christmas movie on E4.

The Dog Who Saved Christmas....

Oh no.

The dog never learned to bark, so couldn't send off a burgler in the house.

They're thinking of sending him back to the pound. :sad:

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:He should treat the NI as a practice session for the UK but I know the greedy old man will be trying his hardest to get the million :)

And isn't there the Scottish Open right after the UK?

Yes, it is. thats the one I can't see him winning with the amount of Snooker he'll be playing until then. I'd give him a proper chance to win the Welsh Open. And even in the NI he might have a chance if he somehow brings this form into that tournament. But by the time the Scottish starts he'll be shattered.

Postby mantorok

Given how he performed in finals last season this is just incredible. He was almost flawless today. There is very little wrong with his game right now.

Who would've thought that 12 months ago?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maybe that small "unimportant" event in Hong Kong made all the difference for Ronnie once we look back at this season. Stopping the rot against Trump and Higgins by beating both in deciders - doesn't matter how bad they played.

Just thought the same.

I also think Ronnie's decider win v Higgins at the EO gave him huge belief.

Postby Andre147

To be fair, even the mental titan Mark Selby would be shattered with the amount of Snooker and travelling Ronnie has had.

You could see Selby was almost falling assleep at the CoC at times... Ronnie could be forggiven if he crashes early at the NI Open.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

I prefer his overall performance in shangai to that of the english open.

let's say that in the english open he scored like a machine by doing a lot of big breaks whereas here he has done much less but his overall game was much more constant here.

his long game, his safeties, everything worked this week and he did not miss sitters.

it's the best Ronnie I've seen in real time. He is so focused.

And the boy is 42 years old and we are talking about decline.

He is simply unique.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Given how he performed in finals last season this is just incredible. He was almost flawless today. There is very little wrong with his game right now.

Who would've thought that 12 months ago?

I've been saying for ages he has more rankers in him. :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Image

Great pic. I would argue that the (19) in brackets is superfluous here, being that he’s holding the trophy and it clearly shows the score.

I'd argue the picture is superflous, as they put his name on it.