Post a reply

What does Ronnie O'Sullivan have to do to end all debate on who is the greatest?

Beat/Equal Hendry's world titles
56%
Beat/Equal Hendry's ranking titles
19%
Both
26%

Total votes : 27

Re: What does Ronnie O'Sullivan have to do to end all debate

Postby gallantrabbit

Pink Ball wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Undoubtedly the best player ever, but needs the seen world titles. Shame he`s such a tremendous kn@b to boot.

I'm still not a huge Ronnie fan by any means, but as someone who used to say much the same about him, is that not an outdated view? Sullivan has copped on a lot.

Wish that were true Pink Ball and he has become slightly more charming at times, probably because of his tv work, but...he said this yesterday...

O’Sullivan said: “I took a bit of a liberty going for a long red at 2-0 – I don’t know who he is and have never seen him play. Then I’m sitting down for two frames, thinking what’s going on, and had to dig it out.

“I didn’t think he could make 20 or 30, and he’s knocked in a 137. Lesson learned, I won’t take liberties again.”

Postby gallantrabbit

All the top 128 can make 137s but many baulk at doing it against the top boys. Over time some of them settle down. About time O'sullivan stopped this b@ll about numpties. Let's face it, on song he can make about anyone look like a numpty, so go prove it and win 10 world titles. Then avoid the interviews cos you ruin everything.

Postby Pink Ball

gallantrabbit wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Undoubtedly the best player ever, but needs the seen world titles. Shame he`s such a tremendous kn@b to boot.

I'm still not a huge Ronnie fan by any means, but as someone who used to say much the same about him, is that not an outdated view? Sullivan has copped on a lot.

Wish that were true Pink Ball and he has become slightly more charming at times, probably because of his tv work, but...he said this yesterday...

O’Sullivan said: “I took a bit of a liberty going for a long red at 2-0 – I don’t know who he is and have never seen him play. Then I’m sitting down for two frames, thinking what’s going on, and had to dig it out.

“I didn’t think he could make 20 or 30, and he’s knocked in a 137. Lesson learned, I won’t take liberties again.”

...and?

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:That's just being honest!!

What an absolute sh*t. Fine him!

buck that!

Fill the sport up with dullards and drones, spouting the same inane platitudes over and over again. We can't have someone speaking their mind, can we? Nope! Must stick to the well-worn script.

Postby Holden Chinaski

gallantrabbit wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Don't see anything wrong with what Ronnie said there.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

All the top players think it, only Ronnie has the wherewithal to actually come out and say it.

Postby gallantrabbit

Sorry but I don't agree. If any other top player came out with that tosh, plus all the other cr@p about 'numpties' most of you would be all over him. Because Ronnie can back it up on the table and the authorities and many supporters pamper him because they're scared he's going to run off to a pig farm again, he can come out with what he wants and disrespect the majority of the players? Top players in all sports are a little arrogant - nothing wrong with that but O'sullivan is just a spoilt kid.

Postby gallantrabbit

Holden Chinaski wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Really? If the lad couldn't make 20 would he really be there? Think not.

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:Sorry but I don't agree. If any other top player came out with that tosh, plus all the other cr@p about 'numpties' most of you would be all over him. Because Ronnie can back it up on the table and the authorities and many supporters pamper him because they're scared he's going to run off to a pig farm again, he can come out with what he wants and disrespect the majority of the players? Top players in all sports are a little arrogant - nothing wrong with that but O'sullivan is just a spoilt kid.

If Ronnie wants to go to a pig farm again like he did in that 2012/2013 season then so be it. The game didn't "die" because he was absent, far from it.

People get the wrong impression that when Ronnie does retire,less people will be interested. Wrong. When Ronnie took that year out, tickets sales were on the up. Because people didnt come exclusively to see Ronnie, but instead all players. When Ronnie plays a tournament, sometimes those very same people only come to watch his matches, and become desinterested when he loses.

Ronnie is right in some of the things he said, wrong about others, but he's been like that all his career. So this has been given more of a big deal than it should have been in the first place.

Postby gallantrabbit

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:That's just being honest!!

What an absolute sh*t. Fine him!

buck that!

Fill the sport up with dullards and drones, spouting the same inane platitudes over and over again. We can't have someone speaking their mind, can we? Nope! Must stick to the well-worn script.

Nothing wrong with saying something different. But the permanent sneer on his chops and slurs on his fellow pros is out of order in my view.

Postby gallantrabbit

Andre147 wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Sorry but I don't agree. If any other top player came out with that tosh, plus all the other cr@p about 'numpties' most of you would be all over him. Because Ronnie can back it up on the table and the authorities and many supporters pamper him because they're scared he's going to run off to a pig farm again, he can come out with what he wants and disrespect the majority of the players? Top players in all sports are a little arrogant - nothing wrong with that but O'sullivan is just a spoilt kid.

If Ronnie wants to go to a pig farm again like he did in that 2012/2013 season then so be it. The game didn't "die" because he was absent, far from it.

People get the wrong impression that when Ronnie does retire,less people will be interested. Wrong. When Ronnie took that year out, tickets sales were on the up. Because people didnt come exclusively to see Ronnie, but instead all players. When Ronnie plays a tournament, sometimes those very same people only come to watch his matches, and become desinterested when he loses.

Ronnie is right in some of the things he said, wrong about others, but he's been like that all his career. So this has been given more of a big deal than it should have been in the first place.

But now he's found twitter he's had this sustained period of spouting drivel on there. Didn't know you could sneer on twitter but he's proved me wrong.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E
@markwil147
·
18 Nov
Replying to @jasonferguson5 and @ronnieo147
Now tell me he’s not bigger than our game. The crowd only turns up to watch him, no one else . Pay him whatever he wants to play in all our comps. Every other player would benefit

Postby gallantrabbit

Why would Williams do this? He's one of the few that can actually beat O'sullivan at times. Why doesn't he concentrate on going the extra mile instead of shining Ronnie up?? "He's a great player so let him do exactly what he wants cos when we tell him off he cries and gives robotic interviews like my 8 year old would"...plum.

Postby Pink Ball

gallantrabbit wrote:Why would Williams do this? He's one of the few that can actually beat O'sullivan at times. Why doesn't he concentrate on going the extra mile instead of shining Ronnie up?? "He's a great player so let him do exactly what he wants cos when we tell him off he cries and gives robotic interviews like my 8 year old would"...plum.

Are you feeling a little tender today sunshine?

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:Why would Williams do this? He's one of the few that can actually beat O'sullivan at times. Why doesn't he concentrate on going the extra mile instead of shining Ronnie up?? "He's a great player so let him do exactly what he wants cos when we tell him off he cries and gives robotic interviews like my 8 year old would"...plum.

You're giving Ronnie too much attention.

Even us Ronnie fans take what he says with a pich of salt. Just chill. <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

Pink Ball wrote:

Not even slightly

Postby Pink Ball

gallantrabbit wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Not even slightly

You are.

Postby gallantrabbit

Andre147 wrote:

You're giving Ronnie too much attention.

Even us Ronnie fans take what he says with a pich of salt. Just chill. <ok>

I could watch Ronnie play snooker all day. Just don`t feel the need to let him get away with being a child whenver he fancies. Not really putting anything back into the game by mocking the workers and triers. Boy is a turkey.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Do you remember Alex Higgins? Go watch some interviews with him on youtube. He made Ronnie look like a saint. Alex was a lot more arrogant than Ronnie. And Alex was very, very popular.

The thing Ronnie said, sounds like something Stephen Hendry would have said back in the day.

Ronnie does good things as well. After a match he usually has good things to say about his opponents and he has said some very good things about players like Selby, Higgins, Robertson, Trump, Ding... He gives high praise to these players a lot. He's also one of the few players who doesn't have a tantrum when he has a bad run of the balls or "bad luck" or even when he has a kick.. Also remember when he hugged Ding when he was crying and told the crowd to stop shouting at Ding? Or when he gave away his cue to a young fan in the crowd? He's not all bad.

Postby mantorok

Imagine being an up and coming pro, playing ROS and all the while you're sitting there thinking: "I wonder if he thinks I'm a numpty too...."

Hendry was super arrogant back in the day, he and his mrs used to shop for outfits to wear to the WC dinner before he'd even lifted the trophy!

Postby gallantrabbit

Pink Ball wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Not even slightly

You are.

Not.

Postby gallantrabbit

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Do you remember Alex Higgins? Go watch some interviews with him on youtube. He made Ronnie look like a saint. Alex was a lot more arrogant than Ronnie. And Alex was very, very popular.

The thing Ronnie said, sounds like something Stephen Hendry would have said back in the day.

Ronnie does good things as well. After a match he usually has good things to say about his opponents and he has said some very good things about players like Selby, Higgins, Robertson, Trump, Ding... He gives high praise to these players a lot. He's also one of the few players who doesn't have a tantrum when he has a bad run of the balls or "bad luck" or even when he has a kick.. Also remember when he hugged Ding when he was crying and told the crowd to stop shouting at Ding? Or when he gave away his cue to a young fan in the crowd? He's not all bad.

Higgins was my absolute hero. Then I met him...
And he couldn't back it up on the table very often. He was either amazing or pretty poor. Ronnie is far more consistent. Hendry may have made the odd throwaway comment but not a sustained campaign including a video. All a little pathetic imo.

Postby gallantrabbit

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Neither very nice people in my opinion but superb entertainers;

Higgins had an excuse for the chip on his shoulder. Came up hard and not given anything.

O'Sullivan has never had to graft as his daddy gave him everything - why be nasty?

And O'sullivan is three times the player Higgins ever was. People used to talk about Ronnie being bi-polar. They don't anymore. Now he's a fitness guru. But a spoilt kid at times too.

Postby mantorok

gallantrabbit wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Higgins was my absolute hero. Then I met him...
And he couldn't back it up on the table very often. He was either amazing or pretty poor. Ronnie is far more consistent. Hendry may have made the odd throwaway comment but not a sustained campaign including a video. All a little pathetic imo.

You think that video was Ronnies idea? lol