Post a reply

Re: D88 German Masters Final !!!

Postby Lou147

Wildey wrote:
Lou147 wrote:Least interesting final in a long time imo, also the two least easy on the eye players on the tour

i dont think you watch much snooker to be honest ive never herd williams described as least easy on the eye in my life.

love watching Mark play if i could play the game to the highest quality id love to play like mark above anyone else.

I watch most televised snooker, what I meant is how ugly both of them are

Postby kolompar

vodkadiet wrote:Very considerate of Dott to give the 9-5 brigade time to get everything ready for work tomorrow and maybe catch up with some 'Comedians in cars getting coffee'.

Nice kid this Dott!

Dott looks like a vegan.

Postby Pink Ball

Lou147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Lou147 wrote:Least interesting final in a long time imo, also the two least easy on the eye players on the tour

i dont think you watch much snooker to be honest ive never herd williams described as least easy on the eye in my life.

love watching Mark play if i could play the game to the highest quality id love to play like mark above anyone else.

Ah, why didn't you say that sooner? Carry on.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Loved the final. Just because I have a soft heart for Williams and it's great to see him back in the mix. Always felt he was lagging behind Ronnie and Higgins when they were winning at an old age but Williams is now doing it too.

Crazy to see the only 2 multiple ranking event winners this season so far are Class of 92 players. Feels like the early 2000s all over again! Childhood memories!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Lou147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Beauty is only skin deep. It's what lies underneath that makes a person unique. Two pretty warm hearted guys i feel. Their post match interviews were very respectful. Dott took his defeat on the chin with a tinge of humour. Mark is humble.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Erza Scarlet wrote:Loved the final. Just because I have a soft heart for Williams and it's great to see him back in the mix. Always felt he was lagging behind Ronnie and Higgins when they were winning at an old age but Williams is now doing it too.

Crazy to see the only 2 multiple ranking event winners this season so far are Class of 92 players. Feels like the early 2000s all over again! Childhood memories!

Certainly does. It's very uplifting for us snooker fans that grew up with Ronnie,Williams and Higgins in their youth.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Chalk McHugh wrote:Certainly does. It's very uplifting for us snooker fans that grew up with Ronnie,Williams and Higgins in their youth.

I want a Ronnie vs this rejuvenated Williams in the final of the Welsh Open this season!!!

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Lou147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Beauty is only skin deep. It's what lies underneath that makes a person unique. Two pretty warm hearted guys i feel. Their post match interviews were very respectful. Dott took his defeat on the chin with a tinge of humour. Mark is humble.

I was actually taking the snake hiss.

Postby vodkadiet

kolompar wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Very considerate of Dott to give the 9-5 brigade time to get everything ready for work tomorrow and maybe catch up with some 'Comedians in cars getting coffee'.

Nice kid this Dott!

Dott looks like a vegan.

Vegans come in all shapes and sizes, just like those who consume meat and dairy.

Dott is teetotal. This must keep his weight down.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:
kolompar wrote:

Nice kid this Dott!

Dott looks like a vegan.

Vegans come in all shapes and sizes, just like those who consume meat and dairy.

Dott is teetotal. This must keep his weight down.

Teetotallers come in all shapes and sizes, just like those who consume ale and spirits

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:MJW is a serious contender to win the World Championship now in my eyes. Or at least getting something close to his 2011 result (semis).

How many players have played better Snooker than he has done this season? Only ROS did from October to December. Thats it.

I honestly dont think he can win the Wordls for a 3rd time, but a result like his 2011 campaign is certainly possible.

Its great to see MJW playing like the 92 class in Higgins and Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Certainly does. It's very uplifting for us snooker fans that grew up with Ronnie,Williams and Higgins in their youth.

I want a Ronnie vs this rejuvenated Williams in the final of the Welsh Open this season!!!

That would be like a dream Final!

Ronnie has a great record at the Welsh Open, won it 4 times and MJW is playing well enough to win his home title for sure.

I'll be rooting for MJW there unless he faces Ronnie, but even then Ronnie losing to him wouldnt be bad. Far too long since MJW last won his home title (1999).

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Think i'll watch the Super Bowl

Why do that to yourself?

Wow. Ended up watching the full game and it was the best Super Bowl i've ever seen. Down to the last play. Fantastic entertainment. Pity the Patriots lost. Think i'll take a day off tomorrow. What a days sport.

Postby Ronnie79

Iranu wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Also, along with Ronnie and Murphy, MJW has by far been the most consistent player this season. Already a ranker under his belt, a 6 reds title and has reached the latter stages of tournaments quite often this season.

Its great to see MJW back to this sort of form. I was fearing he would never return to this form, which would be a shame considering what Higgins and Ronnie are still doing.

Yeah I said in the last thread that he must be among the top 4-5 picks for the Crucible now.

I wouldn't go that far

Can you name 5 or more players who are better poised to win it this year?

Ronnie, Murphy, Selby. Who else? Judd's had a good season but seems very fragile at the moment. Ding hasn't been great, neither has Robbo except for a couple of tournaments. I suppose Higgins has always got to be in the discussion given his Crucible history.

So you have answered your own question by the looks of it lol

Postby SnookerFan

Lou147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

So? It ain't Miss World. Does it matter what he looks like?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

A Williams - O'Sullivan final would be lovely, but:

Williams can win the Worlds as he is guaranteed a place there this year.

Ronnie cannot win the worlds as he has vowed that he will not be there and he is a man of his word.

Postby Iranu

Ronnie79 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Also, along with Ronnie and Murphy, MJW has by far been the most consistent player this season. Already a ranker under his belt, a 6 reds title and has reached the latter stages of tournaments quite often this season.

Its great to see MJW back to this sort of form. I was fearing he would never return to this form, which would be a shame considering what Higgins and Ronnie are still doing.

Yeah I said in the last thread that he must be among the top 4-5 picks for the Crucible now.

I wouldn't go that far

Can you name 5 or more players who are better poised to win it this year?

Ronnie, Murphy, Selby. Who else? Judd's had a good season but seems very fragile at the moment. Ding hasn't been great, neither has Robbo except for a couple of tournaments. I suppose Higgins has always got to be in the discussion given his Crucible history.

So you have answered your own question by the looks of it lol

I apologised for rudeness in the other thread so I won't say what I'm tempted to here because it will render that apology meaningless, but if you read my post carefully you'll see that I only named 4 players who could realistically be considered more of a favourite than Williams, and only one of those is in better form than him.

As I say, being in the top 5 contenders is a favourite in my book.

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

Matt @ProSnookerBlog 2h hours ago

20 years ago John Higgins was ranked #1, Ronnie O'Sullivan #3 and Mark Williams #5. Today ROS is #2, Higgins #5 and MJW #7. As a group they are a complete one-off really #classof92

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

20 years ago John Higgins was ranked #1, Ronnie O'Sullivan #3 and Mark Williams #5. Today ROS is #2, Higgins #5 and MJW #7. As a group they are a complete one-off really #classof92

Normally you get this sort of talent come through once in a generation. In 1992 we got three at the same time!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

Normally you get this sort of talent come through once in a generation. In 1992 we got three at the same time!

Maybe that's why there's no good youngsters coming through? <laugh>