Post a reply

Is Selby still the man to beat?

Postby Erza Scarlet

What do you guys think?

I was having this debate with a friend today and we were 50/50. On one hand Selby has double amount of points compared to the #2 but Ronnie's more accomplished in achievements and performance this season so what do you guys think?

Re: Is Selby still the man to beat?

Postby Cloud Strife

Apparently a Selby win at the forthcoming World Championship is already a foregone conclusion.

Rumour has it he's been losing early in all these recent tournaments on purpose, as the World Championship is the only event that matters to a man of his lofty stature.

Postby SnookerFan

Erza Scarlet wrote:What do you guys think?

I was having this debate with a friend today and we were 50/50. On one hand Selby has double amount of points compared to the #2 but Ronnie's more accomplished in achievements and performance this season so what do you guys think?

I never really cared much for that saying anyway.

I know I'm being too literal, but the man to beat is the person you are currently playing, or are due to play.

No point in looking any further. Ronnie or Selby are the ones to beat, only if they are who you happen to be playing. If you're drawn against Leo Fernandez, he's the man to beat. Worry about each match as it comes.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:What do you guys think?

I never really cared much for that saying anyway.

I know I'm being too literal, but the man to beat is the person you are currently playing, or are due to play.

No point in looking any further. Ronnie or Selby are the ones to beat, only if they are who you happen to be playing. If you're drawn against Leo Fernandez, he's the man to beat. Worry about each match as it comes.

Thats about it. Pretty simple really.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Mark Davis what did u do??

What did he do?

Honey came in and she caught Mark red-handed
Creepin' with the girl next door
Picture this, they were both butt naked
Bangin' on the bathroom floor

Postby TheSaviour

Any player can be just as good as he or she is. It is even more shockingly logical than the people have pictured it might be. The people have probably found me rather logical or very logical but even that is a shockingly underrated view lol. If there´s some flaw or something extra to add then that´s the way it is. Joe Perry has been the best middle-potter for some years now. That´s basically a fact. He´s also closing in to be extremely solid regading every position of balls while he´s in. Selby has been able to find that something what no-one quite even know what it is to. After he in Sheffield polished Stephen Hendry off with many centuries a few times, while it were a highest quality of matches. That also was basically a fact, a completely logical.

But now it is coming to an end. The people can´t find that flaw or any extra to add anymore. That´s how the logics works, and that has been a shockingly great news to many. It is a completely open game to try to find those flaws and to change something. If can´t find anything new anymore then that´s the end of that logic. It is a limited amount of information or talent any individual carries.

The reason why people get hooked up of using the social media, mainly facebook or instagram, I reckon, is because then there´s always going to be those "brilliant ideas" or "great news". Which is the same thing as exchanging some informations. Actually it is not that those would be such a "brilliant ideas" or "brilliant posts", but to GAIN SOME INFORMATION REGARDING OF HOW OTHER PEOPLE VIEW THE THINGS. And then it is always that aaaa, that´s brilliant innovation mate. When it hardly is. But to gain some information of how they view that thing, is the key. That´s also completely logical, and won´t be just goinging away.

But then there´s always a limited time anyone want´s to spend chatting. You always gain some information also which feels heavy. I f...... knew Spurs was going to beat Juventus why did you needed to post anything regarding it. And so on. Because the people likes to get beat, read, to learn, and not to rule the finished world.

So there´s also a limited time Selby want´s to rule the game if he is capable to do that..

I am all with those young guns like Lemon, Silverwood or Vallance posting a videos how they can solidly manoeuvre the cue ball and to make the dishes. That´s great and a very promising. But that has nothing to do with the standard. The standard is that every time when the cue ball settles in there´s a straightforward cannon to follow it. And to do that under the heavy pressure when the crowd is messing things up. If Lemon needs to think it for a while as the cue ball quite isn´t straightforwardly to where it should be then that´s a gone match. That´s not the standard, and that standard actually does work. The matches are won with it. That´s why I have been forced to give up. That world is not mine. But I am really pleased to back on the track of getting back in. Even Ronnie O´Sullivan is only a shadow of his former self. Don´t make the same mistakes he has made. If there´s someone making a flawless executions no point to try to argue against it. It´s not his or her fault if making something everyone are basically expected to do. But glad that Ronnie has showed some signs of returning to back to form.

I am at times that if it already has arrived or not. That´s all to do with if someones are just fluking things right, or can they actually do that consistently. I tend to agree that it is only the result which counts. Because that´s the way it is as the times really goes by. Only the results counts. But if there´s some good hints and tips which will help you to make those small steps forward then I am always going to wait if it really has arrived. The overall standards and the results starts to change. If that´s the case. If the tips and hints are just good enough.

Lemon, for example, quite can´t afford to do anything silly. But are really the times changing even further that Selby couldn´t rule in Sheffield anymore.

But absolutely no need to rush. A few years and everyone are bored with the conversation. Anyway. I will either way catch them up. It is only a few years they have an energy or motivation to carry on with a certain topic. After that they always found something even more interesting. That´s how the times always does change as the times goes by.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Selby is still the man to beat.

He has shown some worrying signs (for him) in recent tournaments but that just makes his lead in the rankings more impressive.

I did not know this, but in all of the titles Ronnie won in the last year, he did not play Mark once.

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheSaviour wrote:Any player can be just as good as he or she is. It is even more shockingly logical than the people have pictured it might be. The people have probably found me rather logical or very logical but even that is a shockingly underrated view lol. If there´s some flaw or something extra to add then that´s the way it is. Joe Perry has been the best middle-potter for some years now. That´s basically a fact. He´s also closing in to be extremely solid regading every position of balls while he´s in. Selby has been able to find that something what no-one quite even know what it is to. After he in Sheffield polished Stephen Hendry off with many centuries a few times, while it were a highest quality of matches. That also was basically a fact, a completely logical.

But now it is coming to an end. The people can´t find that flaw or any extra to add anymore. That´s how the logics works, and that has been a shockingly great news to many. It is a completely open game to try to find those flaws and to change something. If can´t find anything new anymore then that´s the end of that logic. It is a limited amount of information or talent any individual carries.

The reason why people get hooked up of using the social media, mainly facebook or instagram, I reckon, is because then there´s always going to be those "brilliant ideas" or "great news". Which is the same thing as exchanging some informations. Actually it is not that those would be such a "brilliant ideas" or "brilliant posts", but to GAIN SOME INFORMATION REGARDING OF HOW OTHER PEOPLE VIEW THE THINGS. And then it is always that aaaa, that´s brilliant innovation mate. When it hardly is. But to gain some information of how they view that thing, is the key. That´s also completely logical, and won´t be just goinging away.

But then there´s always a limited time anyone want´s to spend chatting. You always gain some information also which feels heavy. I f...... knew Spurs was going to beat Juventus why did you needed to post anything regarding it. And so on. Because the people likes to get beat, read, to learn, and not to rule the finished world.

So there´s also a limited time Selby want´s to rule the game if he is capable to do that..

I am all with those young guns like Lemon, Silverwood or Vallance posting a videos how they can solidly manoeuvre the cue ball and to make the dishes. That´s great and a very promising. But that has nothing to do with the standard. The standard is that every time when the cue ball settles in there´s a straightforward cannon to follow it. And to do that under the heavy pressure when the crowd is messing things up. If Lemon needs to think it for a while as the cue ball quite isn´t straightforwardly to where it should be then that´s a gone match. That´s not the standard, and that standard actually does work. The matches are won with it. That´s why I have been forced to give up. That world is not mine. But I am really pleased to back on the track of getting back in. Even Ronnie O´Sullivan is only a shadow of his former self. Don´t make the same mistakes he has made. If there´s someone making a flawless executions no point to try to argue against it. It´s not his or her fault if making something everyone are basically expected to do. But glad that Ronnie has showed some signs of returning to back to form.

I am at times that if it already has arrived or not. That´s all to do with if someones are just fluking things right, or can they actually do that consistently. I tend to agree that it is only the result which counts. Because that´s the way it is as the times really goes by. Only the results counts. But if there´s some good hints and tips which will help you to make those small steps forward then I am always going to wait if it really has arrived. The overall standards and the results starts to change. If that´s the case. If the tips and hints are just good enough.

Lemon, for example, quite can´t afford to do anything silly. But are really the times changing even further that Selby couldn´t rule in Sheffield anymore.

But absolutely no need to rush. A few years and everyone are bored with the conversation. Anyway. I will either way catch them up. It is only a few years they have an energy or motivation to carry on with a certain topic. After that they always found something even more interesting. That´s how the times always does change as the times goes by.

What on earth are you on about? :|

There's only 2 sentences which you made are somewhat relevant to the question I asked.

1) So there´s also a limited time Selby want´s to rule the game if he is capable to do that..
2) But glad that Ronnie has showed some signs of returning to back to form.

What's all this Lemon, logical, juventus bussiness? What's Joe Perry being a good middle-potter got to do with it?