Post a reply

Which of these following records will Ronnie break before he retires?

first player to make 1000 centuries
10%
first player to make 15 maximum breaks
10%
tie or overtake Steve Davis's 6 UK titles
10%
tie or overtake Steve Davis's 28 ranking titles
11%
tie or overtake Stephen Hendry's 6 Masters titles
11%
tie Steve Davis's 6 World titles
9%
tie Stephen Hendry's 7 World titles
6%
overtake Stephen Hendry's 7 World titles
3%
tie or overtake Stephen Hendry's 18 majors
9%
tie or overtake Stephen Hendry's 36 ranking titles
9%
Oldest ranking event winner in snooker history
6%
Oldest World Champion in snooker history
6%

Total votes : 234

Re: Which records will Ronnie beat?

Postby Pink Ball

Roland wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Trumpster wrote:He could break all the records. He's got at least 5 more good years left. He'd only need to win two ranking events a year to equal the rankers record. That's only the worlds + one other; hardly difficult for a man of his ability.

The thing is there is nobody around to challenge him, at the moment. The likes of Robbo and Selby are approaching their 30s and will be going into decline themselves within the next 2-3 years.

They won't be going into decline in the next 2-3 years! Haha

Neither did Sullivan

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Does anyone think Yan Bingtao will smash all the records?

Not sure he will beat Bolt's 100m record but I think he could beat Lara's 400 not out

Postby Andre147

Seems quite silly now I didnt even believe he could break Davis' 28 ranking event titles...

5 years on, lost count how many titles the man has won...

Only record left is Hendry's 7 World Titles. Whilst I do believe he can win a 6th, a 7th seems a bit out of reach but you never know with him.

This is a great thread by the way, and I'm happy Snooker Overdrive made it... gives us perspective how great this legend really is.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Seems quite silly now I didnt even believe he could break Davis' 28 ranking event titles..

When he lost to Brecel at the China Championship QF in 2017, I remember thinking that he had just blown what was probably going to be the best chance he would ever get to win another ranking event...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

It's outstanding what Ronnie achieved in the last 5-6 years. But what happened since 2017 is just ridiculous! He went into overdrive and shattered records left and right.

UK record? While defending the title!
Major record? Done!
15 maxis? Why not!
1000 centuries? In the final frame of a ranking final!
36 ranking titles? Ronnie did not only reach that but also left Higgins a long way behind on 30!

The only downside:

there aren't that many records left to break anymore!

Postby D4P

Snooker Overdrive wrote:there aren't that many records left to break anymore!

It would be nice to have the most professional matchwins. I don't think Cuetracker is updated as of today, but Ronnie is in 2nd place and trailing John Higgins by roughly 80 wins. Of course, Ronnie has a much higher matchwin percentage, which is (IMO) a more meaningful stat...

Postby Andre147

Dont forget in 2017 he also broke Masters record whilst defending it, just like the UK this season.

Postby D4P

Another record in Ronnie's grasp is "Most consecutive seasons with at least 1 Triple Crown win". Ronnie is currently on 8, with Davis and Hendry sharing the record of 9

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Pink Ball wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Casey wrote:I think he will make more 147's and more ton's but none of the rest on the list.

This has aged well

That was a bloody shocking prediction

Casey didn't like Ronnie and was a big Hendry fan.

Postby Andre147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:He can't be oldest World Champ until 2022 and oldest ranking event winner until the start of 2026.

Couldn't be less bothered about that.

70s and 80s were a diferent era altogether, and old men in their 40s and even 50s like Rex Williams could reach ranking event Finals.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:He can't be oldest World Champ until 2022 and oldest ranking event winner until the start of 2026.

70s and 80s were a diferent era altogether, and old men in their 40s and even 50s like Rex Williams could reach ranking event Finals.

I think it would be pretty cool to be both the youngest and oldest winner of an event

Postby Johnny Bravo

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I think it would be pretty cool to be both the youngest and oldest winner of an event

True, but I'd rather see him win another world title than hold the record for the oldest event winner.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:I'd like to think he could break Davi's record of 28 rankers, but unfortunately and due to him not participating in all tournaments don't think he will.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ok, let's take a look at these options.

1) 775 centuries:
Yes, it's only a matter of time before that record is broken, probably next season

2) 11 max:
I think it's safe to say he'll make another one sooner or later

3) 28 ranking titles:
He only needs 4 more but he has been skipping most of the ranking events in the last couple of years. However I still think he'll better Steve Davis's record.

4) 6 Masters titles:
That would be 2 more. Ronnie loves this tournament but it's a tough one. I'm more than happy with his 5, he may tie Stephen's 6 but 7 is probably it bit too much to ask for.

5) and 6) reach 7 World titles:
Yes, I think he can and will do it. At the moment I can only see Neil Robertson being strong enough to beat an in form Ronnie at the Worlds. If Ronnie really wants it and I think he does, this is a real possibility.

7) 8)
No, it's a bit too late for that I'm afraid

9)
No way, that Hendry record is safe

10)
If anyone can better that Reardon record it's Ronnie but it won't happen, I'm afraid

Postby Iranu

Snooker Overdrive thought it was more likely that Ronnie would get 7 world titles than Masters?

:chin: