Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:the fact that we have bo19 semis and a bo21 final might take a lot more out of the players though. Not saying that the winner of this couldn't win the World Championship. But it won't be any easier than it was in the past.

yes that's true.

And the reason I said Ronnie would never win this and the World Title is because since this tournament format began in 2005 if I'm not mistaken he only has one Semi-Final in 2007 so you can see this is his least favourite tournament from China... some of his worst performances have come here too.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:the fact that we have bo19 semis and a bo21 final might take a lot more out of the players though. Not saying that the winner of this couldn't win the World Championship. But it won't be any easier than it was in the past.

yes that's true.

And the reason I said Ronnie would never win this and the World Title is because since this tournament format began in 2005 if I'm not mistaken he only has one Semi-Final in 2007 so you can see this is his least favourite tournament from China... some of his worst performances have come here too.

I think he could. But I don't think he ever will.

Selby's the only player to have done it purely because it's so hard to win back to back tournaments, particularly when one of those is the Worlds

Postby Iranu

This is why I love watching MJW.

He's the kind of player that makes you laugh out loud with the audacity of some of his shots.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:This is why I love watching MJW.

He's the kind of player that makes you laugh out loud with the audacity of some of his shots.

He plays them as if he doesnt care...

Postby TheRocket

If MJW needs 2 or 3 minutes to think about his next shot you know he'll come with something special. Unlike Robertson who takes that time for straightforward shots.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:If MJW needs 2 or 3 minutes to think about his next shot you know he'll come with something special. Unlike Robertson who takes that time for straightforward shots.

Yes Robbo is painful to watch sometimes with his time wasting antics that do him no favours whatsoever.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:MJW wins the frame on the respotted black. 3:0

A frame that ends 91-84...

you dont see that everyday... and for me that's the highest score for two players in a single frame I've seen.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:MJW wins the frame on the respotted black. 3:0

A frame that ends 91-84...

you dont see that everyday... and for me that's the highest score for two players in a single frame I've seen.

Indeed!,thats incredible!. :dizzy:

I,ve just looked up what the record is for the most points scored in a single frame was and i found this,.........

,.....Most points scored in a single frame was 192. Peter Lines (England) won 108-84 in a frame versus Dominic Dale (Wales) in the fourth round of the 2012 Wuxi Classic qualifiers. Dale conceded 14 fouls (value 60) to Lines' 8 (36).

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:So if Allen wins today he overtakes Ali and McGill and Ronnie has to play McGill in the 2nd round of the WC?!?!

Yes. Unless someone like Ford,Dott,Lisowski or Cao win the tournament.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:So if Allen wins today he overtakes Ali and McGill and Ronnie has to play McGill in the 2nd round of the WC?!?!

How further does Allen need to go here to be above 15th place?

Allen is about the toughest 2nd round opponent any player could face. He even beat Ronnie in that same round in 2009.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

How further does Allen need to go here to be above 15th place?

Allen is about the toughest 2nd round opponent any player could face. He even beat Ronnie in that same round in 2009.

Its impossible Allen will be ranked 15th. If he wins today he'll overtake McGill, Carter and Brecel as well and will be ranked 13th. Or even 12th if Bingham loses to Dott but that probably won't happen. So in other words. If Allen wins today the worse he can get to will be 14. And even thats unlikely as one of those players I mentioned above (Ford,Dott..) would have to win the tournament.

So Ronnie will definitely avoid Allen.
Last edited by TheRocket on 05 Apr 2018, edited 2 times in total.