Post a reply

Almost new

Postby chengdufan

Hi folks,

This is the third time I've tried to post this, with VPN issues in China. Third time lucky I hope!
I've posted here and there on the forum, but haven't introduced myself. Apologies for that.

I was born in Bolton, but have lived in China since 2003 (Chengdu and Chongqing for those of you that know China). I have a 5 year old daughter and a 6-month old son, Jay-Jay. My biggest claim to fame is perhaps running a football team for 4 years. We had players who had had top flight experience in Ghana and France and we had a player who'd played for the Dominican national team. We were competing against teams who had players who had played for China. We almost qualified for the Chinese FA Cup in 2014.

I watch all the snooker I can, but prefer the early round best of 7s (sacrilege! burn him!) rather than the finals or matches with stars.
We've recently started a work snooker league, and I'm delighted to report that I'm currently 3rd out of 8. My top break is a 5 ball 13 contribution, which should give you some idea of the standard. It's competitive though, the bottom players have had results against the top players. And it's fun.
I'm friends with Zhou Yuelong and Tian Pengfei. Tian PF is a top bloke who is keen to promote snooker from a young age in China, and I'm looking to start up a set of snooker clubs in SW China with Zhou YL in the near future. Let me know if you'd like to get involved in that business venture.

My favourite posters are Kolompar, Deewee and SteveJJ, who have a great knowledge of the game at the grassroots level, which I’m very interested in. And Dan-cat of course, who is just cool. Everyone loves Snookerfan too, despite him being a West Brom fan. Shoutout to cueview too, whose blog is frankly brilliant. I find Cloudstrife’s posts offensive, and don’t buy that he’s a troll, or is just joking.

I love music, particularly alternative rock. If you’ve heard Swound!, Godzilla Black, or Zun zun Egui, you should get in touch. We could do some sharing. My favourite songs come from Gomez, Millencolin and Ocean Colour Scene

Re: Almost new

Postby chengdufan

Got lost from my original draft:

I love reading acesinc's posts, which are very informative. When I visit the US, I''ll be sure to look him up and pay his club a visit.

Postby Cloud Strife

chengdufan wrote:Hi folks,

This is the third time I've tried to post this, with VPN issues in China. Third time lucky I hope!
I've posted here and there on the forum, but haven't introduced myself. Apologies for that.

I was born in Bolton, but have lived in China since 2003 (Chengdu and Chongqing for those of you that know China). I have a 5 year old daughter and a 6-month old son, Jay-Jay. My biggest claim to fame is perhaps running a football team for 4 years. We had players who had had top flight experience in Ghana and France and we had a player who'd played for the Dominican national team. We were competing against teams who had players who had played for China. We almost qualified for the Chinese FA Cup in 2014.

I watch all the snooker I can, but prefer the early round best of 7s (sacrilege! burn him!) rather than the finals or matches with stars.
We've recently started a work snooker league, and I'm delighted to report that I'm currently 3rd out of 8. My top break is a 5 ball 13 contribution, which should give you some idea of the standard. It's competitive though, the bottom players have had results against the top players. And it's fun.
I'm friends with Zhou Yuelong and Tian Pengfei. Tian PF is a top bloke who is keen to promote snooker from a young age in China, and I'm looking to start up a set of snooker clubs in SW China with Zhou YL in the near future. Let me know if you'd like to get involved in that business venture.

My favourite posters are Kolompar, Deewee and SteveJJ, who have a great knowledge of the game at the grassroots level, which I’m very interested in. And Dan-cat of course, who is just cool. Everyone loves Snookerfan too, despite him being a West Brom fan. Shoutout to cueview too, whose blog is frankly brilliant. I find Cloudstrife’s posts offensive, and don’t buy that he’s a troll, or is just joking.

I love music, particularly alternative rock. If you’ve heard Swound!, Godzilla Black, or Zun zun Egui, you should get in touch. We could do some sharing. My favourite songs come from Gomez, Millencolin and Ocean Colour Scene

I am truly sorry to hear that. What is it about my posts that offends you?

Postby Pink Ball

chengdufan wrote:Hi folks,

My favourite posters are Kolompar, Deewee and SteveJJ, who have a great knowledge of the game at the grassroots level, which I’m very interested in. And Dan-cat of course, who is just cool. Everyone loves Snookerfan too, despite him being a West Brom fan. Shoutout to cueview too, whose blog is frankly brilliant.I find Cloudstrife’s posts offensive, and don’t buy that he’s a troll, or is just joking.

He goes way too far. Tasteless.

Postby Deewee

Welcome! And thanks for the compliment.

We all secretly dislike Cloud, so you'll fit right in.

Postby kolompar

chengdufan wrote:My favourite posters are Kolompar, Deewee and SteveJJ, who have a great knowledge of the game at the grassroots level, which I’m very interested in.

Now that's a good introduction :clap: Sounds interesting what you're doing in China and great to have someone who knows pro players personally.

Postby chengdufan

Looking back at my post through my thunderous headache the morning after, I was a bit harsh on Cloudstrife, wasn't I?
His posts on snooker are very good.
Sorry Cloud. A bit late, I know, but I retract my criticism of you. Next time you're in Southwest China look me up. I'll treat you to a swanky meal by way of apology.

Postby Pink Ball

chengdufan wrote:Looking back at my post through my thunderous headache the morning after, I was a bit harsh on Cloudstrife, wasn't I?
Sorry Cloud. A bit late, I know, but I retract my criticism of you. Next time you're in Southwest China look me up. I'll treat you to a swanky meal by way of apology.

No pal, don't back down.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I say ban Chengdufan for not mentioning top posters like myself, andre, therocket, andy, alexopaul, badsnookerplayer, chalk...

Postby Cloud Strife

chengdufan wrote:Looking back at my post through my thunderous headache the morning after, I was a bit harsh on Cloudstrife, wasn't I?

No need for apologies. It's all good. :-)

Postby Dan-cat

Can I come? I love Chinese food! It's defo in my top 10.

Postby chengdufan

Any time. You're more than welcome.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

How come I nearly got banned for talking about Chinese food and yet is alright for the 'cool' posters like DanCat and Chengdufan?
For what it's worth, I think Chinese curries are better than Indian ones.

Postby TheSaviour

So, I am going to eat some game on this evening. Moose along with all the else. Italian-Indian-Thai fusion. But that´s only on an evening, need to get through the day with just a FANTA. But that´s always allright to me.

Not the greatest believer of the Irish kitchen.

I believe that all the potatoes has some poisons in it.

Postby Pink Ball

TheSaviour wrote:So, I am going to eat some game on this evening. Moose along with all the else. Italian-Indian-Thai fusion. But that´s only on an evening, need to get through the day with just a FANTA. But that´s always allright to me.

Not the greatest believer of the Irish kitchen.

I believe that all the potatoes has some poisons in it.

Hate speech

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

No need for apologies. It's all good. :-)

He was just saying what we were all thinking. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

We need to Alan from Dookery posting on here. That guy is chill.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:We need to Alan from Dookery posting on here. That guy is chill.

Pink Ball already posts here.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:We need to Alan from Dookery posting on here. That guy is chill.

Pink Ball already posts here.

:goodpost: