Post a reply

Re: Jimmy Robertson Interview !!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Very positive interview. Total contrast to Ronnie's moaning at times. Jimmy Robertson is one happy snooker player. Cheers bsp.

+1

also - where's Chalky?

Chalk only comes on for the biggest tourneys.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Very positive interview. Total contrast to Ronnie's moaning at times. Jimmy Robertson is one happy snooker player. Cheers bsp.

+1

also - where's Chalky?

Chalk only comes on for the biggest tourneys.

#parttime

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
In your opinion who are the top ten greatest players of all time?

My top 10 players of all time are:
1. Ronnie O’Sullivan
2. John Higgins
3. Stephen Hendry
4. Mark Selby
5. Steve Davis
6. Mark Williams
7. Jimmy White
8. Neil Robertson
9. Ding
10. Alex Higgins

In your face, Mr Vodka. :chuckle:

Postby kolompar

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

1. Ronnie O’Sullivan
2. John Higgins
3. Stephen Hendry
4. Mark Selby
5. Steve Davis
6. Mark Williams
7. Jimmy White
8. Neil Robertson
9. Ding
10. Alex Higgins

Just can't warm to Jimmy after that top 10 list, seems an idiot to put Selby 4th...

surely he should be in the top 3.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:Can't believe he put Selby above the Nugget.

Well done Jimmy! Snooker island darling.

In all fairness, Selbo is the better player. And I'm saying that even though I totally dislike the guy and the way he plays the game.
Davis is the greater player and has had far more impact on the game, but if they were to square of, both at their best, Selbo would come out on top.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:

In all fairness, Selbo is the better player. And I'm saying that even though I totally dislike the guy and the way he plays the game.
Davis is the greater player and has had far more impact on the game, but if they were to square of, both at their best, Selbo would come out on top.

:faint:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:BSP, who are u interviewing next ?

Would you be interested in a Mark Davis one or someone else?

I am not picky. Any top pro will do. Maybe you can make this some sort of series, meaning multiple interviews with top players. <cool>

If u get Mark first, please ask him the question about the top 10 players. We can get a unique perspective from the player's point of view.
Maybe this way we can definitely settle the GOAT debate. :chuckle:

Postby vodkadiet

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

1. Ronnie O’Sullivan
2. John Higgins
3. Stephen Hendry
4. Mark Selby
5. Steve Davis
6. Mark Williams
7. Jimmy White
8. Neil Robertson
9. Ding
10. Alex Higgins

Who cares what this journeyman's opinion is? He flukes one Mickey Mouse event and all of a sudden his opinion matters?

Anyway, record books matter more than the opinion of a nothing player.

Postby TheSaviour

Jimmy Robertson played in a way which has been on the cards he to make such an input to the game a few years now. And it did happen! He did play even better than I thought he would be capable of. Not much Mark King or Joe Perry could had to stop it, although Mark putted in a brave and a very respectable response. Wasn´t just enough. Like it has been on the cards for few years now that it wouldn´t be.

Much still about the game is "trying to not to play too well". Obviously not anything to do with any fault-playing but just the nature of the game just is such. The nature of the game, and perhaps the nature of the (long) season also demands it. I was still nevertheless a very pleased for Jimmy Robertson! Really rampant difficult clearances flying in, as far as I saw from it. I thought his main weapon would be smooth, rampant and precise long potting, while perhaps lacking that final killing instincts amongs the balls and that he would outplayed during the safety exchanges.. But he proved me wrong. Kind of.... Only....

Jimmy must feel quite exhausted after those performances and a maiden title. Might very well be his last. Because, the nature of the game is to miss something, preferable early long pots. Missing those in a way that there will be some temptations out there which will be missed.. The lads like Mark King, Peter Ebdon and Ryan Day plays a very well that type of a snooker. I bit of a warned that the lads like those plays a PURE FANTASY type of a snooker. Or living. When here it is a real thing.

Finally some people have admitted it is a different to ride a bicycle comparing walking.. Or to be a man or a women. Or having a tattoos or not. Ha haa. And let´s make that final big LOL from my part now also lol.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 11 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Johnny Bravo wrote:

You weren't there watching in the 80s were you? Davis was an absolute machine at his best. He wasn't called the Romford Robot for nothing. It would be close but my money would be on the Nugget.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

1. Ronnie O’Sullivan
2. John Higgins
3. Stephen Hendry
4. Mark Selby
5. Steve Davis
6. Mark Williams
7. Jimmy White
8. Neil Robertson
9. Ding
10. Alex Higgins

Who cares what this journeyman's opinion is? He flukes one Mickey Mouse event and all of a sudden his opinion matters?

Top 10s are all opinion thats not how id see it but thats his opinion theres no way of proving someone right or wrong

For thee record on your way of thinking theres about 5 tournaments and about 20 micky mouse tournament.

In sport theres a degree of more importance on some events than others but the European Masters is definitly in the top 10 in terms of prestiege and its well done to Jimmy Robertson

Nobody called it a micky Mouse Event when Trump played Ronnie in the final.... Same Tournament and same rues.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Who cares what this journeyman's opinion is? He flukes one Mickey Mouse event and all of a sudden his opinion matters?

Why should we care what your opinion is?

A player outside the top-16 wins one tournament, and you've been bellyaching about it for days.

Either you're doing this on purpose to wind people up, or you're talking absolute cobblers.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Nobody called it a micky Mouse Event when Trump played Ronnie in the final...

Spot on.

Are we to decide how relevant a tournament is based on who wins?

I don't like Mark Allen much, does that mean The Masters is suddenly Micky Mouse? I'll let you know if it stays that way, based on who wins it next year. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

By the way, I didn't say at the time, thanks for this BSP. <ok>

Jimmy Robertson, officially one of us.

You should ask him to post on here. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Who cares what this journeyman's opinion is? He flukes one Mickey Mouse event and all of a sudden his opinion matters?

Why should we care what your opinion is?

A player outside the top-16 wins one tournament, and you've been bellyaching about it for days.

Either you're doing this on purpose to wind people up, or you're talking absolute cobblers.

Vodka, on a wind up?!?! Hold the front page

Postby vodkadiet

Calm down Jimmy fans! I have no beef with you or even with Jimmy himself. He has won his first title and he played well. Kudos!

Postby Wildey

you could argue that Murphy winning the World in 2005 was a fluke or Kyren Wilson Murphy was 48th and Wilson 54th when they won.

OK Jimmy is older than both at the time of winning but Jimmy at 36th was higher rank than both of them.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Calm down Jimmy fans! I have no beef with you or even with Jimmy himself. He has won his first title and he played well. Kudos!

Beef? :gag:

Not the 'Beef' that is actually a cow!