Post a reply

What does Ronnie O'Sullivan have to do to end all debate on who is the greatest?

Beat/Equal Hendry's world titles
56%
Beat/Equal Hendry's ranking titles
19%
Both
26%

Total votes : 27

Re: What does Ronnie O'Sullivan have to do to end all debate

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Vodka once said Rocky Marciano was the greatest heavyweight boxer of all times <doh> <laugh>

I suppose on paper he's up there. Undefeated and 43 of his 49 wins were KO's.

If you know nothing about boxing, yes.

If you know something about boxing you know he fought old men way past their prime. And people like Ali would have knocked him out.

I think Vodka even said Marciano was the greatest fighter full stop. Which is even more stupid.

Then Vodka is talking rubbish. Like I said, on paper his record is up there with the best. The reality is obviously very different.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Vodka once said Rocky Marciano was the greatest heavyweight boxer of all times <doh> <laugh>

If you know something about boxing you know he fought old men way past their prime. And people like Ali would have knocked him out.

I think Vodka even said Marciano was the greatest fighter full stop. Which is even more stupid.

Then Vodka is talking rubbish. Like I said, on paper his record is up there with the best. The reality is obviously very different.

On paper, Joe Davis is the greatest snooker player ever.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

On paper, Joe Davis is the greatest snooker player ever.

Exactly. It's not accurate.

Postby vodkadiet

I am not a boxing fan. However, whatever sport it is, an unbeaten record surpasses anything else.

O'Sullivan needs to win at least 7 world titles to become the greatest ever player.

I don't think we have seen a truly great player yet. Every player has had faults. I think a great player will come along soon and make Hendry and O'Sullivan look second rate.

Postby Ash147

vodkadiet wrote:I am not a boxing fan. However, whatever sport it is, an unbeaten record surpasses anything else.

O'Sullivan needs to win at least 7 world titles to become the greatest ever player.

I don't think we have seen a truly great player yet. Every player has had faults. I think a great player will come along soon and make Hendry and O'Sullivan look second rate.

As much as I think Tequila is a sausage head, he is right here. If Ronnie doesn't end his career at least equalling Hendry's 7 World Titles, he won't be considered the greatest.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I am not a boxing fan. However, whatever sport it is, an unbeaten record surpasses anything else.

As much as I think Tequila is a sausage head, he is right here. If Ronnie doesn't end his career at least equalling Hendry's 7 World Titles, he won't be considered the greatest.

He is already widely and correctly considered the greatest