Post a reply

HELP!

Postby Dan-cat

So my opponent and I have a tussle right now. Help.

So he hit the ball on, the red, and went in-off. Also the pink went in afterwards.

What’s the foul value?

Re: HELP!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think 6?

Are you sure? I thought the first foul counted. 4

No, I'm not sure at all. You might be right..

Postby acesinc

Dan-cat wrote:So my opponent and I have a tussle right now. Help.

So he hit the ball on, the red, and went in-off. Also the pink went in afterwards.

What’s the foul value?

C'mon Dan-cat, you know this one...immediately upon the infraction (that being White entering the pocket), the Referee states, "Foul!" but refrains from stating any penalty value. After all action on the table ceases, the Ref now says, "Dan-cat, six!".

Understand...the foul was immediate upon the initial infraction. Then there was the second infraction of the Pink ball entering pocket. Ref still should not say anything because, hey, maybe the Black might fall in or be bumped, who knows?

So after however many infractions occur and all activity at the table has ceased, the Ref will declare a SINGLE penalty value, that being the highest single value out of however many fouls occurred. If your opponent potted Red but at the same time all of the colours fell in various pockets, the call would be "Foul.............seven away!" but the point value is not stated until all the balls stop moving.

Postby rekoons

Are you rain man in disguise, :-D Acesinc?

Postby acesinc

rekoons wrote:Are you rain man in disguise, :-D Acesinc?

That is about correct. I am a genius I suppose in regards to a couple trivial matters, but when it comes to the really important matters in life, I am much more of a dunce.
:guinness:

Postby rekoons

now now... don't be so hard on yourself <laugh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:My brain had a fritz out. I might ban myself for a bit.

After thinking about this, I don't get why I wasn't sure about my answer either. Of course it's six. It's not that weird of a situation..