7%
John Higgins
3%

Total votes : 30

Re: GOAT?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I still haven't seen the official GOAT trophy?

Where is it?

If it exists, then it’s in Ronnie O’Sullivan’s house.

Probably.

Lance still has his seven yellow jerseys on his wall.

Rightly so. He was the greatest cyclist on earth. Just had to do what he had to do.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Where is it?

Probably.

Rightly so. He was the greatest cyclist on earth. Just had to do what he had to do.

What about O'Sullivan cheating in Crawley? Was this as bad as Lance Armstrong's drug cheating?

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Where is it?

Probably.

What about O'Sullivan cheating in Crawley? Was this as bad as Lance Armstrong's drug cheating?

Worse, in some ways. O’Sullivan actually gained an advantage!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

To be fair - and I am a great supporter of Mark Davis - IMO Ronnie let Mark win the semi as he knew that (albeit in a moment of madness) he had cheated and did not want to go further. OK yes he cheated, but I have made greater mistakes in my life and it should not be held against him as for me it is to his credit that he did what he did against Mark to make up for that moment of dishonesty.

If he had gone on to win the tournament, that would have caused quite a stir and I think he was very well advised to do what he did.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:To be fair - and I am a great supporter of Mark Davis - IMO Ronnie let Mark win the semi as he knew that (albeit in a moment of madness) he had cheated and did not want to go further. OK yes he cheated, but I have made greater mistakes in my life and it should not be held against him as for me it is to his credit that he did what he did against Mark to make up for that moment of dishonesty.

If he had gone on to win the tournament, that would have caused quite a stir and I think he was very well advised to do what he did.

If Ronnie lost that match on purpose (which I don't believe he did) then that's far worse than deliberately not calling a foul on himself (which I believe he did) in my opinion.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:To be fair - and I am a great supporter of Mark Davis - IMO Ronnie let Mark win the semi as he knew that (albeit in a moment of madness) he had cheated and did not want to go further. OK yes he cheated, but I have made greater mistakes in my life and it should not be held against him as for me it is to his credit that he did what he did against Mark to make up for that moment of dishonesty.

If Ronnie lost that match on purpose (which I don't believe he did) then that's far worse than deliberately not calling a foul on himself (which I believe he did) in my opinion.

OK Iranu - I had not thought on those terms. I need to go and think more but his performance and result against Mark surprised me (much as I support Mark).

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan totally threw the match with Mark Davis. He knew had made an error of judgement the previous day and it was the best way to stop snooker fans talking about it.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan totally threw the match with Mark Davis. He knew had made an error of judgement the previous day and it was the best way to stop snooker fans talking about it.

Because as we all know, if there's one thing Ronnie O'Sullivan doesn't like, it's the snooker world talking about him.

#breakaway

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan totally threw the match with Mark Davis. He knew had made an error of judgement the previous day and it was the best way to stop snooker fans talking about it.

Because as we all know, if there's one thing Ronnie O'Sullivan doesn't like, it's the snooker world talking about him.

#breakaway

I couldn’t watch much snooker last week unfortunately, so I’m only catching up on that breakaway tour rubbish now. The man is decent at heart, but by buck does he snake hiss from his mouth at times.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm sick of this discussion. The thing is, I'm actually a huge Hendry fan. I think he's a great guy and I loved to watch him play. He was great to watch in his prime. There will never be another player like prime Hendry, in my opinion. He had nerves of steel and always kept attacking. He never backed down and he had unbelievable bottle. But I just think Ronnie is better now. He's a more complete player and he has the longevity. Ronnie has a fantastic all round game. He's great in every aspect of the game. Ronnie was great when he was young and he's even better now. Hendry was unbelievable in his prime, but his decline was terrible. When Hendry started to lose his long potting, he could no longer compete. Ronnie can still compete.

Hendry himself said on Twitter that he thinks 40 year old Ronnie would beat 30 year old Ronnie. He knows what he's talking about.
Last edited by Holden Chinaski on 14 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Now that’s a match i’d like to see Holden. Maybe they can do it with those holograms that they have now. The Ronnette’s dream final.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:Now that’s a match i’d like to see Holden. Maybe they can do it with those holograms that they have now. The Ronnette’s dream final.

A 2013 ROS would beat any previous version of himself cause of one major reason: he's mentally stronger.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Now that’s a match i’d like to see Holden. Maybe they can do it with those holograms that they have now. The Ronnette’s dream final.

A 2013 ROS would beat any previous version of himself cause of one major reason: he's mentally stronger.

But if he met a previous incarnation of himself, that might make him collapse mentally. I wouldn't think he would be up for a game of snooker. Probably a hot cup of tea.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Ronnie improved his game with help from Ray Reardon which makes Reardon a goat contender,