Post a reply

Best of 15 should be used!

Postby mjhmichael18

I think in snooker tournaments where the final is the best of 19, the semi-finals should be best of 15 and not best of 11 as players may not be ready for a best of 19 after a best of 11. The quarter-finals should be the last stage where it is the best of 11. so I think it would make them more ready for a best of 19 if they had a best of 15 before it and why can’t 15 be used as a best of?

Re: Best of 15 should be used!

Postby HappyCamper

I imagine best of 15s are not used often because they are too long for a single session match. But also too short for a two session match. The sessions would have to be one of 7 frames, and one of at most eight (likely fewer) Not really value for money for punters.

If having two session semi-finals they may as well make them best of 17. Though there may be logistical issues with doing so in a single table set-up depending on the specifics of the venue/event.

The big Chinese events to tend to have longer semi-finals.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:I imagine best of 15s are not used often because they are too long for a single session match. But also too short for a two session match. The sessions would have to be one of 7 frames, and one of at most eight (likely fewer) Not really value for money for punters.

Fair point.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Best of 13 used to be used for the final of the Champions Cup at the turn of the millennium, but it had no evening session. The Premier League also had a first to seven final but it had the shot clock.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Best of 13 used to be used for the final of the Champions Cup at the turn of the millennium, but it had no evening session. The Premier League also had a first to seven final but it had the shot clock.

Shot Clock. :limp: