Post a reply

Will Ronnie O’Sullivan win another World Championship?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 36

Will Ronnie O’Sullivan win another World Championship?

Postby Ash147

With Ronnie beaten by amateur James Cahill, another year goes by without a World Championship win.

What now for Ronnie’s future chances of winning the big one? Will he win it one more time? Will he finish his career with the five?

Re: Will Ronnie O’Sullivan win another World Championship?

Postby TheRocket

He needs to admit himself that he has a big problem competing at the World Championship. Whether its pressure,mindset , whatever. And then better find a good way to sort it out.

Whether its spending more time with Peters or maybe even working with someone like Ray Reardon again.

But something needs to change. If he comes again with the same mindset next year it'll be another early exit.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ash147 wrote:If I had put this same poll to everyone after the 2014 World Championship, I would be surprised if a single person had said no. I think it shows how much things have changed in just five years.

5 years is a long time. Things can change in 5 seconds.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:If I had put this same poll to everyone after the 2014 World Championship, I would be surprised if a single person had said no. I think it shows how much things have changed in just five years.

5 years is a long time. Things can change in 5 seconds.

Yeah, five years is a mighty long time when you're 38 years old as Ronnie was in 2014. It's almost an eternity.

Postby Erza Scarlet

No I didn't think he would win it again after losing to Carter last year but then I changed my mind when he was playing great snooker again this season and winning another 5 tournaments including a long format one, so it's a no for me unfortunately.

We now know no matter what he does before the Crucible it won't matter and people should realize not to place the favourite tag on him, certainly with the Crucible anyway. There's nothing to show from his Crucible efforts since 2014.

He has a huge mental block with just the tournament itself that makes him play utterly different compared to everything else prior to it and he's also getting older, he'll be 44 next year.

Postby Truth

It's easy to make a case for O'Sullivan not winning another World Championship, but at the same time I can't really see any other player being more likely to win one over the next few years. O'Sullivan and Selby stand out as the consistent major winners over the last decade, and Selby's form has been woeful lately. There aren't really any players I'd pick as obvious World Champions, but someone is going to have to win it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:If Tiger Woods can roll back the years well why not Ronnie? (I'd say snookerfan loves this analogy).

Even Mark Williams could do it.

Mark Williams isn't a hypochondriac when it comes to the Crucible.

Postby TheRocket

People might think I'm trolling but I'm not. Sometimes very little things can change your perspective and view on things.

I mean you see Judd working with his brother and he's having a really great season. Even if he loses against Un-Nooh. I genuinely think ROS needs someone like that
Last edited by TheRocket on 23 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Chalk McHugh

TheRocket wrote:People might think I'm trolling but I'm not. Sometimes very little things can change your perspective and view on things.

I mean you see Judd working with his brother and he's having a really great season. Even if he loses against Un-Nooh. I genuinely think ROS needs someone like that

Your far from a troll, rocket. A sensible poster to be fair.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
TheRocket wrote:People might think I'm trolling but I'm not. Sometimes very little things can change your perspective and view on things.

Yeah he tells it like it is which is why I enjoy reading his posts. Neither a fanboy nor an outright hater. And on this occasion I agree with him completely.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Yeah he tells it like it is which is why I enjoy reading his posts. Neither a fanboy nor an outright hater. And on this occasion I agree with him completely.

Too true. Defo a good poster who doesn't act the maggot.

Postby TheRocket

Chalk McHugh wrote:

thanks mate. All I can say is I was disgusted by that result today and it did hurt me. But I kinda got over it quickly because I knew he was playing rubbish and if it wasnt Cahill it would have been someone else. Probably Maguire already.

I just think he needs to change something. A new mentor, schedule, practice routine, whatever it is. That can make a lot difference.

If he comes here with the same mindset again next year, we'll just see a repeat of the last 5-6 years

Postby Chalk McHugh

TheRocket wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

thanks mate. All I can say is I was disgusted by that result today and it did hurt me. But I kinda got over it quickly because I knew he was playing rubbish and if it wasnt Cahill it would have been someone else. Probably Maguire already.

I just think he needs to change something. A new mentor, schedule, practice routine, whatever it is. That can make a lot difference.

If he comes here with the same mindset again next year, we'll just see a repeat of the last 5-6 years

I hate using excuses and rarely do but i genuinely thought he looked ill today. He wasn't well at all. I believe if he still has the love of the game he will give it another few cracks at the Crucible. If he keeps the hunger and practise up he has a chance but thats a big if. Possibly make a tweak or two to his preperations but he knows best himself i suppose. Has he got the fight in him for more snooker wars on the beize at Sheffield at 44 years of age? It's a brutal 2 week, hard slogfest. I don't think he has. Love to be proven wrong but he owes nobody nothing.