Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Ash147

It’s been one of the most rubbish days for Snooker that I can remember. Completely disappointed with every result today. This World Championship needs something really good to happen now, because I’m very close to losing interest in it. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Zhou starting to look a little bit nervous towards the end. Still a small chance Allen turn this around.

If Allen wins the first mini-session 3-1 or of course 4-0 I think he'll find a way to win the match.

Anything worse and I think Zhou might win.

Postby csprince

Ash147 wrote:Dott did play like a complete imbecile in that deciding frame. Bingham’s head was completely gone, but be gifted him several chances to win there. Dott bottled it in the end.
you can"t question someones bottle when they come back from 8-1 down

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:It’s been one of the most rubbish days for Snooker that I can remember. Completely disappointed with every result today. This World Championship needs something really good to happen now, because I’m very close to losing interest in it. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Will you no longer support the sport? Maybe move on to golf?

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Devastated!

Chin up, be proud of the way he cameback. But I understand its hard to see positives.

Massively positive after that! Nothing to be down at

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It’s been one of the most rubbish days for Snooker that I can remember. Completely disappointed with every result today. This World Championship needs something really good to happen now, because I’m very close to losing interest in it. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Will you no longer support the sport? Maybe move on to golf?

If this tournament carries on throwing up disappointing results, I may tune out. That doesn’t mean I’m going to quit watching snooker though.

Postby mick745

What a day that was.

Ronnie losing, another two of the favourites Allen and Trump in serious difficulty, Bingham almost blowing a 8-1 lead.

Tournament now wide open. Pick a winner folks, cause i can't. Anything could happen and probably it seems like it could be a very unpredictable tournament.

Postby Iranu

Surprised you were rooting for Dott. He’d have been a bye for Higgins in the second round.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Foulds saying Dott has limited ability but still achieved a lot. Bit harsh.

He says stuff like that about Dott all the time. I always think it’s a bit patronising, really.

“Limited ability”? Come on.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:

Surprised you were rooting for Dott. He’d have been a bye for Higgins in the second round.

I’d root for anyone who plays Bingham. I’ve got no problem with Higgins either, and am now hoping he puts Bingham back in his place.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Foulds saying Dott has limited ability but still achieved a lot. Bit harsh.

He says stuff like that about Dott all the time. I always think it’s a bit patronising, really.

I was a bit shocked when he said that. Seems very harsh to say.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Chin up, be proud of the way he cameback. But I understand its hard to see positives.

:-(

Postby csprince

mick745 wrote:What a day that was.

Ronnie losing, another two of the favourites Allen and Trump in serious difficulty, Bingham almost blowing a 8-1 lead.

Tournament now wide open. Pick a winner folks, cause i can't. Anything could happen and probably it seems like it could be a very unpredictable tournament.
it"s gonna be a gary wilson james cahill final at this rate

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I’d root for anyone who plays Bingham. I’ve got no problem with Higgins either, and am now hoping he puts Bingham back in his place.

Strange player to have a hatred for. Any particular reason?

Postby Iranu

csprince wrote:

I’d actually kind of love that!

Postby Godot

Iranu wrote:

Sexy Fergal has more professional century breaks

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:
csprince wrote:

thinking about it would"t be a bad final

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

:-(

He's putting on a brave face, but he must absolutely gutted about that result.

Postby Cloud Strife

csprince wrote:
Iranu wrote:
csprince wrote:

thinking about it would"t be a bad final

That final would be shitness personified.

Postby HustleKing

Andre147 wrote:

He says it like it is.

So he never goes easy on lesser players who have never even qualified for the top 16?

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Strange player to have a hatred for. Any particular reason?

Bingham is one of those players who’s made the top 16 by entering everything, but winning very little. He spends the majority of the season doing nothing, then eventually gets a good run in a tournament and wins something. He’s almost the polar opposite to someone like Ronnie, because he focuses more on quantity than quality. He’s benefited massively from the large increase of tournaments since Hearn took over, which has allowed his mostly mediocre performances to be rewarded.

There’s a reason the likes of Bingham and Hawkins were nobodies until the 2010’s, and that’s because the game focussed more on quality of play than quantity of tournaments.
Last edited by Ash147 on 23 Apr 2019, edited 2 times in total.