Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 24th) Last 32 !!

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:Disagree. I think it’s more in your own hands playing for snookers, especially when you have a red right next to a colour like Carter did.

A respot’s basically a lottery, all it takes is one misjudgement and you’ve lost the frame.

Also if you play for snookers you can always change your mind if your opponent keeps getting out of them.

Your opponent can escape from the snooker, leave it safe and you'd lose your advantage immediately.

Or fluke the red.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Your opponent can escape from the snooker, leave it safe and you'd lose your advantage immediately.

Well yeah, obviously.

But a respot is basically a 50/50 chance every time. If you get a chance to lay a great snooker you can give yourself a 80-90% chance of at least being able to win the frame.
Last edited by Iranu on 24 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:Disagree. I think it’s more in your own hands playing for snookers, especially when you have a red right next to a colour like Carter did.

A respot’s basically a lottery, all it takes is one misjudgement and you’ve lost the frame.

Also if you play for snookers you can always change your mind if your opponent keeps getting out of them.

Or fluke the red.

That’s very, very unlikely though.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:Did i ever say i hate Man Utd?

Sorry Chalk but there’s no team I’d want to win the title less than Liverpool.

(Except Birmingham but come on that’ll never happen)

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Well yeah, obviously.

But a respot is basically a 50/50 chance every time. If you get a chance to lay a great snooker you can give yourself a 80-90% chance of at least being able to win the frame.

I really disagree with this. Frames won with snookers needed are not that common as the players are all pretty good at getting out of them.
Last edited by eraserhead on 24 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:Foulds can’t resist another dig at Dott rofl

What did he say?

That lisowski has “10 times more talent” than him. Similar to last night but less obvious. 10 times more seems like a lot though rofl

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Well yeah, obviously.

I really disagree with this. Frames won with snookers needed is not that common as the players are all pretty good at getting out of them.

Yeah but what I’m saying is if they get out of a snooker you don’t instantly lose the frame. If you cockerel up the respot it’s probably game over.

It’s at least worth having a go at the snooker if the option is right there for you like it was for Carter. He could have laid a devilish snooker. If Lisowski got out of it he could always have gone for the respot from there.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

What did he say?

That lisowski has “10 times more talent” than him. Similar to last night but less obvious. 10 times more seems like a lot though rofl

Foulds might be a very good commentator or expert but he wasnt a world beater as a player. Calling a former World Champion 10 time less talented than someone who has never won anything is ridiculous.

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:Yeah but what I’m saying is if they get out of a snooker you don’t instantly lose the frame. If you cockerel up the respot it’s probably game over.

It’s at least worth having a go at the snooker if the option is right there for you like it was for Carter. He could have laid a devilish snooker. If Lisowski got out of it he could always have gone for the respot from there.

Carter just completely messed up the double attempt. If I had a definite chance for a frame I'd go for it as there's no guarantee you'll get another chance.

Postby aimlesswandeer

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

What did he say?

Foulds might be a very good commentator or expert but he wasnt a world beater as a player. Calling a former World Champion 10 time less talented than someone who has never won anything is ridiculous.

A few years’ back Ian McCulloch declared that Anthony Hamilton was a much better player than Dott too,

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:Foulds might be a very good commentator or expert but he wasnt a world beater as a player. Calling a former World Champion 10 time less talented than someone who has never won anything is ridiculous.

Foulds is weird with his relationship with snooker. He obviously loves it and respects the players, but he won't touch a cue for a laugh in the eurosport bits with Jimmy and Ronnie.

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Well yeah, obviously.

I really disagree with this. Frames won with snookers needed is not that common as the players are all pretty good at getting out of them.

Yeah but what I’m saying is if they get out of a snooker you don’t instantly lose the frame. If you cockerel up the respot it’s probably game over.

there's not really a right or wrong sometimes the balls make the decision for you sometimes it's how you feel personally i would go for the respot as your still in the frame the same thing could happen tomorrow and carter might play for snookers

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

What did he say?

What is it with Foulds and Dott?

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

eraserhead wrote:Foulds is weird with his relationship with snooker. He obviously loves it and respects the players, but he won't touch a cue for a laugh in the eurosport bits with Jimmy and Ronnie.

Maybe he had snookeritis? He declined sharply at a young age and was gone from the tour before he was 40.

Postby Cloud Strife

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Foulds is weird with his relationship with snooker. He obviously loves it and respects the players, but he won't touch a cue for a laugh in the eurosport bits with Jimmy and Ronnie.

Maybe he had snookeritis? He declined sharply at a young age and was gone from the tour before he was 40.

He was one of those who got found out by the rising standards.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:Yeah but what I’m saying is if they get out of a snooker you don’t instantly lose the frame. If you cockerel up the respot it’s probably game over.

Carter just completely messed up the double attempt. If I had a definite chance for a frame I'd go for it as there's no guarantee you'll get another chance.

A respotted black is NOT a definite chance for a frame.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:

He was one of those who got found out by the rising standards.

Didn’t he have tremors that he treated with beta blockers, which were then made against the rules?

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I want Assange and Selbo out of this tournament NOW.

We need Assange to beat Higgins.

Yes we do