12%
Zhao Xintong
16%
Zhou Yuelong
16%

Total votes : 25

Who is the best young Chinese player?

Postby Ash147

Which young Chinese player do you rate the highest so far? Which do you think has the potential to go on and do the best in the future?

Re: Who is the best young Chinese player?

Postby mick745

I would still say Bingtao. People have been saying he's had a rubbish season but was still 31st on the money list.

And he's still only 19.

He seems to have composure and a good all round game. It is not unusual for your players to seemingly fall back before breaking through (Selby, Trump, Brecel spring to mind). I think he'll be a tournament winner before long as long as he's putting the work in.

Postby Vallomas

Zhao is the more naturally talented. He improved a lot this season in all aspects.

Yan is still the most succesful so far and I rate him higher than Zhou, who probably is a better match player. Lyu had his ups and downs, but was the one who came close to winning a ranking title.

Yuan was the surprise of the season but crumbled in the Worlds. He has an attractive style of play and I expect he will come back stronger.

I think that Zhao and Yan have the potential to be in the top 16 for years and winning titles.

Postby lhpirnie

Ash147 wrote:Which young Chinese player do you rate the highest so far? Which do you think has the potential to go on and do the best in the future?

The three Centennials (born in year 2000) will be the strongest. Yuan Sijun has the cue-action and mentality to be number 1. The three Victoria boys (Zhao, Lyu and Zhou share a house together) each have a weakness, but on their day could win a tournament. We wait to see how Chang Bingyu adapts. But all of these players are still extremely young, and they and their families have had to give up everything to get here. So it's tough to load too much pressure on them for at least a couple of years.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Anyone picking Xintong should be thrown off a cliff

Have you seen him play? The kid is ridiculously talented.

He showed that against Selby.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Define talented?

Seriously just watch him play. When he’s in and amongst the black spot he makes tons for fun. He can also pot the log ones from anywhere. He’s got a lot of similar features to Jimmy White.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Define talented?

Seriously just watch him play. When he’s in and amongst the black spot he makes tons for fun. He can also pot the log ones from anywhere. He’s got a lot of similar features to Jimmy White.

I’ve seen him play more than enough to know he’s quite rubbish

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Define talented?

I’ve seen him play more than enough to know he’s quite rubbish

I’m sorry, but you’re talking out of your bottom.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Why ? The kid is incredibly talented. If u are talking about him not being an all rounder yet, u have a point, but bare in mind the fact that he's still very young.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Why ? The kid is incredibly talented. If u are talking about him not being an all rounder yet, u have a point, but bare in mind the fact that he's still very young.

Not that young. He's 23.

Postby Pink Ball

He’s really talented. He is a lovely potter and break builder when he’s not under pressure, but it can tail away really dramatically. His tactical game is really disappointing and I just don’t think he has worked hard enough on it. He is 23, not a complete newbie, and I just get frustrated that a great talent is going unfulfilled.

He isn’t rubbish, but he has a long, long road ahead of him to be anywhere near as good as people think he can be.