Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed May 1st) Quarter-Finals

Postby freakmoomin

Lemnas wrote:This match was just super poor from Robertson. He managed to lose against a version of Higgins who won just 3 frames out of 23 in one visit.
On the other hand, he didn't get outplayed tactically all that much.

Wow....3 out of 23! Hes got to treble that to have any chance in next round

Postby Pink Ball

Satch4 wrote:Thought Neil's season was a little over rated. Defeating Lisowski x2 and Bingham (match quality was poor) and losing to O'Sullivan x 2 and Mark Allen in finals

Absolutely. He had a good season, but I have no doubt that O'Sullivan and Trump are by far the two best players in the world at the moment.

Postby hendry_fan

vodkadiet1 wrote:In the words of Paul Hardcastle:

The average age of a Crucible winner in the 1990s was 24; in the 2020s it was 49! In the 2020s it was 49! In the 2020s it was 49!

"I didn't really know what was going on". "I didn't really know what was going on".

rofl rofl rofl

I loved this song,played it time after time,been ages since i litened to it though,i,m gonna listen to it now though.

:mosh2: <ok> <cool> :happy:

https://youtu.be/hRJFvtvTGEk

Postby Cloud Strife

The average age of a Crucible winner in the 1990s was 24; in the 2020s it was 49! In the 2020s it was 49! In the 2020s it was 49!

"I didn't really know what was going on". "I didn't really know what was going on".

What a brilliant tune!

https://youtu.be/JcFFEjq5Ap8

Postby HappyCamper

Satch4 wrote:Why is Gwilson being called "Gaza" by Ronnie?

gazza is a diminutive form of gary.

also he's from the newcastle area and the greatest football player from newcastle, paul gascoigne, was also called gazza.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 01 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet1

hendry_fan wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

I loved this song,played it time after time,been ages since i litened to it though,i,m gonna listen to it now though.

:mosh2: <ok> <cool> :happy:

You're welcome Hendry Fan.

All those years when Higgins was picking balls out of pockets for 'The greatest one' has stood him in good stead.

Wizard of Wishaw!

<cool>

Postby Johnny Bravo

HappyCamper wrote:

also he's from the newcastle area and the greatest football player from newcastle, paul gascoigne, was also called gazza.

Paul Gascoigne is the best English footballer of all time. :bowdown:
He could have done so much more in the game if it hadn't been for his love of booze. :sad:

Postby HustleKing

Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

He could have done so much more in the game if it hadn't been for his love of booze. :sad:

Paul Scholes?

Postby Johnny Bravo

HustleKing wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Paul Scholes?

Are u for real ? :? <doh>

Scholes was good, but Gazza is a "focking" legend. He's one of my childhood football idols, along with R9 and Baggio. The man was a genius. :mosh:

Postby HustleKing

Johnny Bravo wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Paul Scholes?

Scholes was good, but Gazza is a "focking" legend. He's one of my childhood football idols, along with R9 and Baggio. The man was a genius. :mosh:

Where's Gazza's 2 Champions Leagues, and 11 Premier League titles, with the consistent performances to debunk theories of the rest of the Man Utd teams carrying him?

Postby hendry_fan

vodkadiet1 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

You're welcome Hendry Fan.

All those years when Higgins was picking balls out of pockets for 'The greatest one' has stood him in good stead.

Wizard of Wishaw!

rofl :mosh2: :bowdown:

*CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!* vodkadiet1. :hatoff: :happy:

"DE DE DE DE DE DE DE DESRTUCTION!"

"DE DE DE DE DE DE DE DESRTUCTION!"

:piano1: :trumpet: :dj: :drums: :happy:

Postby Johnny Bravo

HustleKing wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Paul Gascoigne is the best English footballer of all time. :bowdown:

Paul Scholes?

Where's Gazza's 2 Champions Leagues, and 11 Premier League titles, with the consistent performances to debunk theories of the rest of the Man Utd teams carrying him?

Scholes can't win matches on his own like Gazza did. Despite being drunk half the time and not training properly.
Plus Scholes played with far better teammates. Scholes is also a much weaker dribbler than Gazza.
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 01 May 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Snookerbacker doesnt seem to like Higgins.

https://mobile.twitter.com/snookerbacke ... 1240488960

Over the years, SnookerBacker has been spot on about Higgins and particularly the Kiev fiasco.

Also some of the comments people made in the comment section (some of them must be true) pretty much shows that Higgins isnt the humble and nice guy he's portrayed as.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Over the years, SnookerBacker has been spot on about Higgins and particularly the Kiev fiasco.

Also some of the comments people made in the comment section there (some of them must be true) pretty much shows that Higgins isnt the humble and nice guy he's been portrayed as.

I find him to be a nice enough fella, but the way people like to pretend Kiev didn't happen just sums up what's wrong with sports fans in general. Shoot down the people who are right even though you know deep down they're right.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Paul Gascoigne is the best English footballer of all time. :bowdown:

Paul Scholes?

Scholes can't win matches on his own like Gazza did. Despite being drunk half the time and not training properly.
Plus Scholes played with far better teammates. Scholes is also a much weaker dribbler than Gazza.

Paul Scholes has never been anywhere near as highly rated when he was still playing as he has been since he's retired. The deification of the fella in recent times is quite mind-boggling TBH.

Give me Gazza everyday of the week.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Also some of the comments people made in the comment section there (some of them must be true) pretty much shows that Higgins isnt the humble and nice guy he's been portrayed as.

I find him to be a nice enough fella, but the way people like to pretend Kiev didn't happen just sums up what's wrong with sports fans in general. Shoot down the people who are right even though you know deep down they're right.

We all saw what ‘News of the World’ wanted us to see.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

What they wanted us to see was plenty enough.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:TUNE

Well done JH :-D

Dan- :cat:

Your man JH keeps Ronnie at number 1!! :-D

Congrats to Ron for achieving that. :clap:

But,i,m a milllllllllllllllion% sure Ron would swap that for another world title,some more world titles mate. ;-) :win: :-D

:win: STEPHEN HENDRY=7 WORLD TITLES,+ HE WAS IN 9 FINALS!. :win:

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Higgins reaching the pne table set up for the 3rd year in a row. Did rubbish all season.

And Ronnie cant make it to the semis once since 2014

Higgins will cut off one of his arms for another WC title. ROS won't even damage a finger nail for another WC.
Hence the difference in results.

Needs a different mindset for Worlds thats for certain. he keeps saying in punditry thats what other players need to do, yet he cant do it.

He's had an amazing season once again, but yeah needs someone to get his head right come the Worlds otherwise it's not worth even entering the competition.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

So you're one of those people who thinks we have no right to question someone who was fined £75,000 for no particular reason?

Postby D4P

hendry_fan wrote:But,i,m a milllllllllllllllion% sure Ron would swap that for another world title,some more world titles mate. ;-) :win: :-D

I think Ronnie would swap the #1 ranking itself for another world title, but I don't think he would swap the "8 ranking titles he won over the past 2 seasons that got him to #1" for another world title...

Postby Dan-cat

D4P wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:But,i,m a milllllllllllllllion% sure Ron would swap that for another world title,some more world titles mate. ;-) :win: :-D

I think Ronnie would swap the #1 ranking itself for another world title, but I don't think he would swap the "8 ranking titles he won over the past 2 seasons that got him to #1" for another world title...

Correct.