Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I’m pretty rubbish at snooker. Pool is my game.

I used to be very good at playing pool. Haven't played in a long time.

Cue ball control is definitely my strength. My long potting can be unreliable.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Where do you play, Johnny?

Do they have snooker halls up in the favelas of Rio de Janeiro?

We have tables in Rio, but don't know if in the favelas. I'm not from Rio, I'm from Salvador.
One of my childhood friends has a table, and that's where I learned to play.

You MS13 or 18 Street, Johny?
Last edited by Chalk McHugh on 03 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Maybe the Snookergods want Higgins to reach the final again just to lose it for the third time in a row.

That would be lovely. Another 18-16 defeat would really ram it home.

Hopefully Trump puts away Wilson. It would be truly a disaster if Higgins ends up playing another journeyman.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Isn't Sao Paulo the snooker part of Brazil>?

They usually have tables in the big cities, but I don't know which one has the most. :shrug:

Come to think about it, I'd bet most British people don't know exactly either. <laugh>
Are there more tables in York or in Sheffield ? In Liverpool or in Manchester ? I think that's a very tough question to answer. :?

Easily, London.

London was not in the list of options.
Johnny it is:

Liverpool
Manchester
Sheffield
York

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

See - I said that earlier in the week.

Explains why you know literally buck all about snooker and talk rubbish all the time.

No disrespect intended. :hatoff:

rofl

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair enough JB - you should try Q school

I'm a good amateur but not sure I'd make it as a pro now given my age. Plus I don't play often enough.
I didn't actually mean I could beat Higgins, his game is far superior to mine. However, if he leaves me plum among the reds the way he did with Gilbert, I'll punish him hard. Like I said, I'm very good among the reds.

I mean what I said - bucking impressive.

I know many players who have access to good tables, variety of opponents and they would die for a 92.

Well played sir.

You sound a very good snooker player yourself BSP,anyone who can,even if it,s now n again,knock in 40+,50+ breaks is very good.

Most pros,even most amateurs i,m sure play 4,5 days a week,and when they play,they play for a good few hrs,correct me if i,m wrong,you <only> play 1,2 times a week.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

We have tables in Rio, but don't know if in the favelas. I'm not from Rio, I'm from Salvador.

:chin:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I'm a good amateur but not sure I'd make it as a pro now given my age. Plus I don't play often enough.
I didn't actually mean I could beat Higgins, his game is far superior to mine. However, if he leaves me plum among the reds the way he did with Gilbert, I'll punish him hard. Like I said, I'm very good among the reds.

I know many players who have access to good tables, variety of opponents and they would die for a 92.

Well played sir.

Thank you. The size of a break usually depends on how the reds are spread.
Most of my breaks are in the 30-50 points range. If they're spread nicely, I make 50+ without much effort.
Yet somehow, I haven't quite managed a ton. Don't know why, but I always end up missing the last awkward reds. They're so much tougher on a home table when they are near a cushion compared to the TV tables. :sad:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

There are no long pots on a pool table. Not when you're used to playing snooker.

Postby Jester82

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

That's a bit rough

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

There are no long pots on a pool table. Not when you're used to playing snooker.

This is why I struggle with snooker. rofl

I did play it for a small period a few years back, and my highest break was 24. I could probably string 5-6 pots together at my best.
Last edited by Ash147 on 03 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

hendry_fan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Well played sir.

You sound a very good snooker player yourself BSP,anyone who can,even if it,s now n again,knock in 40+,50+ breaks is very good.

Most pros,even most amateurs i,m sure play 4,5 days a week,and when they play,they play for a good few hrs,correct me if i,m wrong,you <only> play 1,2 times a week.

Cheers HF - I have upped my schedule to 3 times a week atm as I am chasing that damned elusive century again.

Your man dug in tonight - you must have enjoyed that

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I've never been in a gang. Do I sound like a thug ? :-(

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No - I am sure Chalk was just joshing.

You sound like a very nice chap.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Apologies Johny. I thought you were from El Salvador and my joke was in poor taste anyway.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yeah I agree, Johnny. Some awful stereotyping of Brazilians in this thread. Not nice, not nice at all.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

This is why I struggle with snooker. rofl

I did play it for a small period a few years back, and my highest break was 24. I could probably string 5-6 pots together at my best.

Yes, long pots are very hard, they need great cueing. However, if u have a natural angle nack to baulk, they are way easier than those where u have to play with reverse side, those bring me nightmares.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Apologies Johny. I thought you were from El Salvador and my joke was in poor taste anyway.

It's ok, I know u meant no harm. :spot on:
The crime rate is pretty high in Brazil compared to the UK, but there are a lot of good people too.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

The crime rate is pretty high in Brazil compared to the UK, but there are a lot of good people too.

Ronaldo is my childhood idol. I have a signed T-shirt of his. I've put it in a glass case at safe keeping. :-D
It was one of the saddest days of my life when he injured his knee. :sad:

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

I know all about it Johny. Crime is one of my big interests. All over the world. Especially in Latin America (mainly Mexico and Brazil), US, and the UK and my own country here in Ireland.

Dublin is full of Brazilians. Thousands of them and not just sayin it but they are great people. I have a yellow Brazilian sports jacket that i bought for the last World Cup to wear into Dublin and party during the last World Cup. The woman are beautiful and they know how to party. I regularly have Brazilians in my taxi. Id say along with Nigerians and Polish Brazilians have the most people here in Dublin.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

What a footballer.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:
I know all about it Johny. Crime is one of my big interests. All over the world. Especially in Latin America (mainly Mexico and Brazil), US, and the UK and my own country here in Ireland.

Dublin is full of Brazilians. Thousands of them and not just sayin it but they are great people. I have a yellow Brazilian sports jacket that i bought for the last World Cup to wear into Dublin and party during the last World Cup. The woman are beautiful and they know how to party. I regularly have Brazilians in my taxi. Id say along with Nigerians and Polish Brazilians have the most people here in Dublin.

Chalk, is it as rainy is Dublin as it is in England ?

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Well played sir.

Cheers HF - I have upped my schedule to 3 times a week atm as I am chasing that damned elusive century again.

Your man dug in tonight - you must have enjoyed that

Good on ya BSP!. :clap:

Without boasting,considering how often,or better said,how less i play,i,m pretty good.

I,m not good at knockin in many BIG breaks,but my all round game makes up for it,the safety part of my game is my best asset.

I know if i were to go go n play more often,then i,d be of course become even better,but the BIGGEST problem i have,is that i,ve become too buckin lazy.

It,s mainly cause,for many,many years,i used to go out,i only really needed my appartment to be able to sleep in.

I spent many years partying,hanging in bars,disco,partys,going out in general.

I then met my missus and she calmed me down <laugh> ,since i met her,i,ve actually bcome the total opposite,i,ve bcome a bit of a couch potato,i never ever thought i,d bcome one o them,but in sayin that,i am now 50 years old,so i guess i had to calm down sometime. <laugh>

The funny thing is,often when i,m actually in my club,i think,wtf,why the hell don,t i go more often,i enjoy it when i,m there,the clubs about an hour from where i live,which is,nt a problem,but as i say,i really have bcome a lazy git,sometimes i need a kick up the bum to get my ass moving. :emb: :-D

In sayin all o this,i do have spells where i go n play,once a week,but it often only lasts about 4,5,6 weeks,then suddenly i don,t go again for also about 4,5,6 weeks.

After watching so much snooker lately,i have to say,that it,s really gotten me in the mood to go n start playin again.

When the worlds is finished,i,m gonna go again,i have,nt been now for about 3,4 weeks.

Aye,even though John still trails by 2 frames,i,m very pleased with the way he,s comeback,in sayin that,i really did,nt expect anything else,us Scots are very well known for not giving up and great auld Johns done it so many times before. :-D