Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby vodkadiet1

What a transformation!

Trump is a credit to his family, himself, and his sport.

I was at the final in 2011 and I wish I had been there tonight.

Trump's cue is a wand. He makes O'Sullivan look like a 'carthorse'.

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheRocket wrote:Without a doubt. 4-4 is a terrible record and losing three in a row is even worse. If it was alternating, like one win, followed by a loss and then a win again it might have been not so bad but losing three in a row is a massive body blow for Higgins.

Crazy to think though how many World titles he could have won. Two more world finals than Ronnie. But he'll probably end up winning less World titles than his big rival.

Forever marooned on 4 World titles ;-)

Postby TheRocket

Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Without a doubt. 4-4 is a terrible record and losing three in a row is even worse. If it was alternating, like one win, followed by a loss and then a win again it might have been not so bad but losing three in a row is a massive body blow for Higgins.

Crazy to think though how many World titles he could have won. Two more world finals than Ronnie. But he'll probably end up winning less World titles than his big rival.

The Snookergods dont want him to equal Ronnie O'Sullivans 5 World titles. Theres nothing Higgins can do. Even if he played Michael Georgiou in the final the latter would play the match of his life and stop him.

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheRocket wrote:The Snookergods dont want him to equal Ronnie O'Sullivans 5 World titles. Theres nothing Higgins can do. Even if he played Michael Georgiou in the final the latter would play the match of his life and stop him.

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Though Ronnie's been on thin ice for the last 3 years with Higgins trying to reach #5 lol Ronnie needs a #6 to secure that asap.

Postby Ck147

Ditto, I'll be shifting to more F1 and cycling, as well as trying to get out on my bike more. Put on a good few pounds lying on the sofa watching snooker and drinking cue wine the last few months, but will be visiting every so often as its a good laugh here.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:I have a lot of twiddling to catch up on

Don't have that problem myself, but do need to convince the missus I still love her and the last few months wasn't because of her.

Postby vodkadiet1

TheRocket wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

The Snookergods dont want him to equal Ronnie O'Sullivans 5 World titles. Theres nothing Higgins can do. Even if he played Michael Georgiou in the final the latter would play the match of his life and stop him.

<cool> <cool> <cool>

Postby vodkadiet1

Erza Scarlet wrote:Right guys, I'll see you all around September/October. My focus perfectly shifts to Tennis after the Snooker season ends lol with the clay season, Wimbledon, and US Open tournaments coming up, main part of the Tennis season so see ya everyone!

Have a great summer!

Enjoy your sabbatical. I also love tennis. And Federer is returning to clay today in Madrid.

Djokovic to clean up!

:D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Judd will be disappointed the season has finished after that display. Can't think of any player who will relish playing him after one of the most dominant and complete displays of snooker brilliance ever witnessed.

By far the best and most entertaining player of the season, I hope he can maintain his form next season.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm knackered.

Didn't sleep very well last night. After being pretty good most of the 18 days I had off, I had a pub trip then finished my beer at home with the final. Spaced it out a bit, but still slightly overdid it.

Not hungover, just very tired. Still, I did a lot better than I used to. In the old days I'd be snake hissed every day watching snooker.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Judd’s the first player since MJW in 2003 to win the Masters and the Worlds in the same season.

Was Ronnie's loss to Cahill because Judd broke him in the Masters final?

Unequivocally yes.

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd will be disappointed the season has finished after that display. Can't think of any player who will relish playing him after one of the most dominant and complete displays of snooker brilliance ever witnessed.

By far the best and most entertaining player of the season, I hope he can maintain his form next season.

:goodpost: Mr BSP,Judd,ll be wishin the new season starts next week. :-D

Judd rattled in 7 centurys,one 90+,three 70+,two 60+ and two 50+ breaks,(Fifteen 50+breaks),in that final. :bowdown:

Thats the most powerfull scoreing anyones produced in a
world final,TRUMPTASTIC!. :-)

Hendry knocked in SEVENTEEN 50+ers! in the 1995 Final,but <only> made 3 centurys.

He made SIXTEEN 50+ers in his record breaking 7th Worlds,in 1999.

He made THIRTEEN 50+ ers in the 1990,1993 Finals.

I can imagine Ronnie,Higgins n Williams are also right up there scoering wise in World Finals,i,ll have a look later to see exactly how many they made.

When it went to 11,5,or even 12-5,i think it was,i knew there was no way back for John,he,s made so many comebacks throughout the years,but even the for Wizard of Wishaw,i knew it was far too much of a tall order,being so far behind.

In the evening session,i did,nt expect Judd to be able to maintain the top standard,i thought he,d go down a gear for the majority of the remaing frames,but i thought it,d still be enough for him to win,but he did manage to keep it up.so good on him for that. :hatoff:

As i wrote yesterday,i was,am a bit disappointed,losing,especially losing a World Final sucks,but the way Judd played,deserves fuuuuuuuuullllllllll credit,i,d of been much more disappointed if John had came back at him to then lose 18-17,18-16,18-15,but Judd blasted him off the table.

On one hand,i,m happy the seasons finished,i,m snookered out,but on the other hand,in a good few days,i,ll be probably be wishing the new season starts next week. <laugh> ,but i think we all need a break. :-)

It,s been verrrrry enjoyable here,i,ll be poppin in,have a read now n again,bfore the new season starts,have a great summer folks,enjoy it,cause it never lasts long,ok,at least in Scotland it does,nt.<laugh>

Oh,i almost forgot to mention,John aint gonna retire,he,s far from it,in his interview after,he said,"I,ll keep tryin,i,ll keep coming back".

Take care all. :sun: :peace:

Postby The_Abbott

Just seen the provisional Calendar for 2019-20. Looks very light in the early months having lost Paul Hunter (as a ranking event), World Open missing, Indian Open missing. So most players, other than Riga, will twiddle thumbs for 2 or three months before China Championship in September.

I know they hope to fill the schedule but at the moment its poorly balanced out across the months.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-content/ ... lendar.pdf
Last edited by The_Abbott on 07 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The_Abbott

Erza Scarlet wrote:Right guys, I'll see you all around September/October. My focus perfectly shifts to Tennis after the Snooker season ends lol with the clay season, Wimbledon, and US Open tournaments coming up, main part of the Tennis season so see ya everyone!

Have a great summer!

oh yes Summer is for Tennis. I wondered what kept me busy over the summer.

I'm sticking around for Q-School before doing my vanishing act.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd will be disappointed the season has finished after that display. Can't think of any player who will relish playing him after one of the most dominant and complete displays of snooker brilliance ever witnessed.

Wouldn't say by far. Until this World Champs Judd was behind Ronnie and Robbo as the best players of the season. However, he won this World Title, and that makes it 4 events he won, so yeah he becomes player of the season.