Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby Andre147

Having watched the last few frames now... must honestly say this performance from Trump was one of the greatest performances in a Final by a player. Up there with Hendry's 7 centuries at the 94 UK, and up there with some of Ronnie's amazing display in Finals when he had 98%, 97% pot sucess rate.

What amazed me the most was that he was playing his nemesis Higgins, and everytime Higgins seemed to threatten a comeback, Trump didn't crumble, he went up a gear again, this was evident at 4-3 down, 5-4 down, and even when he started having a big lead he still didn't crumble. We've seen many times with this particular opponent he started to look over his shoulder and next thing Higgins is right back in the match.

Just amazing from him, and very humble now too. I don't buy that thing that he's gonna dominate, the game is far too wide open now and the closest thing he can do to dominate is winning 5 or 6 tournaments a season like Ronnie's done recently. But for now let's enjoy him being World Champion.

Postby Iranu

It’ll be interesting to see how Judd reacts to no longer having the “no world title” tag hanging around his neck.

Will it free him to play good stuff more regularly without that pressure? Will he keep his motivation to practise and work hard? Will he take his foot off the gas?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:It’ll be interesting to see how Judd reacts to no longer having the “no world title” tag hanging around his neck.

Will it free him to play good stuff more regularly without that pressure? Will he keep his motivation to practise and work hard? Will he take his foot off the gas?

Will he pull a Mark Williams, and spend the entire year getting snake hissed?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:It’ll be interesting to see how Judd reacts to no longer having the “no world title” tag hanging around his neck.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Mark is 43 he never thought like the rest of us he would win it again.

different with judd

Judd was practicing boxing day if he wants to even start to get a edge over Ronnie he should be back on the practice table by the end of the week and preparing for the season ahead.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Mark is 43 he never thought like the rest of us he would win it again.

different with judd

Judd was practicing boxing day if he wants to even start to get a edge over Ronnie he should be back on the practice table by the end of the week and preparing for the season ahead.

I didn't think he was actually going to do it, to be honest. rofl

Postby Vallomas

vodkadiet1 wrote:I like snooker very much but I felt quite liberated today that I could go out and not have to concern myself with the latest end of session scores!

Glad I am not alone.

I took a long sleep on Tuesday afternoon.

Postby vodkadiet1

Vallomas wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:I like snooker very much but I felt quite liberated today that I could go out and not have to concern myself with the latest end of session scores!

Glad I am not alone.

You were no doubt dreaming of next year's Championship!

Postby Vallomas

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Vallomas wrote:

Glad I am not alone.

I was dreaming Ronnie winning his sixth world title!

Then I woke up. :-(

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Vallomas wrote:

Glad I am not alone.

I was dreaming Ronnie winning his sixth world title!

Then I woke up. :-(

This made me laugh mate!

But at the same time sad...

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:Having watched the last few frames now... must honestly say this performance from Trump was one of the greatest performances in a Final by a player. Up there with Hendry's 7 centuries at the 94 UK, and up there with some of Ronnie's amazing display in Finals when he had 98%, 97% pot sucess rate.

What amazed me the most was that he was playing his nemesis Higgins, and everytime Higgins seemed to threatten a comeback, Trump didn't crumble, he went up a gear again, this was evident at 4-3 down, 5-4 down, and even when he started having a big lead he still didn't crumble. We've seen many times with this particular opponent he started to look over his shoulder and next thing Higgins is right back in the match.

I was thinking the same, and I think this is what has impressed everyone, not just that he played well, but who he played well against. That kind of confidence is very hard to come by these days, he was possessed and very little rattled him.

He's now performed a demolition job on 2 of the best players the game has ever seen in 2 major finals. I don't think we can pretend this is some one-off and I think it's why some of the pundits are predicting more, because in finals he just shows up and is capable of doing a number on anyone.

The next few seasons are going to be very interesting, I think this win will just give him more confidence and belief, I hope he gets a couple more world titles, I think he will.