Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby TheRocket

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/wor ... tory.shtml

'The Crucible has seen and entertained all sorts of have-a-go heroes in 43 years of hosting the annual potting jamboree, but has never witnessed a talent like Trump. Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Higgins with 16 world gongs between them, were and remain exceptional, sublime players, but they do not come near to what Trump can produce when he is fully loaded'.

:chin:

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/world-championships/2019/judd-trumps-snooker-revolution-i-want-to-reach-a-standard-nobody-has-seen-before_sto7260450/story.shtml

'The Crucible has seen and entertained all sorts of have-a-go heroes in 43 years of hosting the annual potting jamboree, but has never witnessed a talent like Trump. Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Higgins with 16 world gongs between them, were and remain exceptional, sublime players, but they do not come near to what Trump can produce when he is fully loaded'.

Ridiculous article. It seems the hype surrounding Judd is beginning to reach fever pitch.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/world-championships/2019/judd-trumps-snooker-revolution-i-want-to-reach-a-standard-nobody-has-seen-before_sto7260450/story.shtml

My god. What complete b*llshit! Is there anyone who actually believes this? Judd was great, but they are kind of destroying it by going so far over the top. Peak Hendry and Ronnie were on another level.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:

Ridiculous article. It seems the hype surrounding Judd is beginning to reach fever pitch.

There was another ridiculous one which I dont find atm. Btw. I just looked at the stats a few minutes ago. Trumps pot success was 92% in this final.

ROS pot success had been 94% in the final against Hawkins. And Hawkins pot success was 92%. They praise Trump for his 7 centuries. Well Hendry even made 7 centuries in a bo19 match.

I mean if they said its been the best anyones ever played in a World final you'd say thats a fair opinion (even if you might not agree). But to say its the best anyones ever played and the highest standard we've ever seen is just ridiculous.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

There was another ridiculous one which I dont find atm. Btw. I just looked at the stats a few minutes ago. Trumps pot success was 92% in this final.

ROS pot success had been 94% in the final against Hawkins. And Hawkins pot success was 92%. They praise Trump for his 7 centuries. Well Hendry even made 7 centuries in a bo19 match.

I mean if they said its been the best anyones ever played in a World final you'd say thats a fair opinion (even if you might not agree). But to say its the best anyones ever played and the highest standard we've ever seen is just ridiculous.

'Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Higgins with 16 world gongs between them, were and remain exceptional, sublime players, but they do not come near to what Trump can produce when he is fully loaded'.

That part I found particularly stupid. So peak Hendry, Ronnie and Higgins don't come anywhere near Judd Trump? Yeah okay.

Look I get they want to build Trump up as the next big thing, it's part of their job in the media to generate as much hype and excited as they can, but I do believe they are overcooking things a tad. It's coming across as abit too forced IMO.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

'Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Higgins with 16 world gongs between them, were and remain exceptional, sublime players, but they do not come near to what Trump can produce when he is fully loaded'.

That part I found particularly stupid. So peak Hendry, Ronnie and Higgins don't come anywhere near Judd Trump? Yeah okay.

Look I get they want to build Trump up as the next big thing, it's part of their job in the media to generate as much hype and excited as they can, but I do believe they are overcooking things a tad. It's coming across as abit too forced IMO.

Look, what Kane said there is nonsense.

What we need to be careful of is turning on Trump over the nonsense being written about him. It’s not his fault people are going over the top. The new Trump is humble and realistic, and I’m sure he’d be the first to scoff at that line.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:Elvis, James Brown and David Bowie were and remain exceptional, but they do not come near to what Justin Bieber can produce when he is fully loaded.

Hahaha

Let’s be fair though. Trump isn’t anywhere near as far back from Higgins, Sullivan and Hendry as Bieber is from Elvis, Broen and Bowie. I’m not sure what artist if compare him to, but you’d have to compare him to a pretty good one.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Elvis, James Brown and David Bowie were and remain exceptional, but they do not come near to what Justin Bieber can produce when he is fully loaded.

Hahaha

Let’s be fair though. Trump isn’t anywhere near as far back from Higgins, Sullivan and Hendry as Bieber is from Elvis, Broen and Bowie. I’m not sure what artist if compare him to, but you’d have to compare him to a pretty good one.

I agree. I was exaggerating a bit. And you are right, it's not Judd's fault the press is going mad. He seems level headed these days.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:

Hahaha

There’s an interesting question in there as to whether Bieber will be remembered in 60 years time the same way that Elvis is now. Elvis was once the Bieber equivalent to Bing Crosby etc after all.

The article’s a crock of rubbish but we all know that. There are things that Judd can do that the other three can’t. But there are still things they can do that he can’t (e.g. maintain good position for an entire break). The article’s just focusing on scoring and potting because of course they are.

Here’s hoping that Judd gives the statement more weight in the years to come. Proclamation of a new benchmark could well bring new fans into snooker, and that’s no bad thing.

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:The World Championship Final was Judd Trump's 1000th professional match.

https://cuetracker.net/players/judd-tru ... statistics

Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
I'm the Statman!

Thanks Statman. Sounds like a partner for Batman.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Man, the overhyping and overexaggerating happening on social media and some blogs is just stupid. And quite disrespectful tbh. These guy who wrote the eurosport article is really a sports journalist?