Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump is snooker's greatest talent

Postby Ash147

In the World Championship final he played a standard of snooker that I have never seen before. If he can replicate that, then no one stands a chance against him.

Postby Pink Ball

Ace wrote:https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/world-championships/2019/top-trump-high-octane-performance-means-judd-is-world-champion_sto7260450/story.shtml

Who agrees?

I agree. No one plays shots like him and John Higgins said there is no other talent like him. He can beat a lot of records now.

Trump is probably the most naturally talented player since Sullivan, but I highly doubt he’s going to take any of the top records, never mind a lot of them. I think he’ll be a multiple world champion and an all-time great, but if you expect more than that, you’ll be disappointed.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

To have any chance of breaking records he would have needed to be winning the biggest titles regularly since 2011 including a couple of World Titles before now. He could have a mini period of dominance like Selby, winning another couple of World Titles in the next few years with 3-5 titles a season.

Postby D4P

It's worth noting that at age 29, Ronnie had 6 Triple Crown titles to his name, whereas Judd has 3. In that respect, Judd is "only" 3 behind where Ronnie was at the same age...

Postby Pink Ball

Who knows what the future holds? Right now, Trump has the world at his feet, but it could flip very quickly.

I personally feel it’s only a matter of time before Trump goes against conformity and his father’s wishes by turning his back on snooker and following his own dream by trying out for the lead in the high-school musical.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:In the World Championship final he played a standard of snooker that I have never seen before. If he can replicate that, then no one stands a chance against him.

Have you ever seen Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan play their A game? Have you ever seen John Higgins play his A game? Judd is not as good as those guys at their best ffs.

The only thing Judd can do that those can't, is maybe screw back the length of the table. But who needs that? Ronnie, Hendry, and John know how to control the cue ball. Judd still needs some lessons on that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I've seen Ronnie play a standard Judd can only dream of. Better pot success, better safety success, better positional play... Don't let the press hyperbole fool you.

Postby Holden Chinaski

The press is using this hyperbole to promote Judd and the game, but I'm not sure Judd wants this. It might be bad for him and his popularity. People love and respect Hendry and Ronnie. And people have seen them play their best. You can't fool people.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Totally pathetic from both sides.

"Judd's best."

"No he isn't Ronnie is."

:zzz:

Only relevant question is who is doing better now.

I'm just defending the legacy of greats like Hendry, Ronnie and Higgins. To say Judd is much better is a bit disrespectful in my opinion. Judd is great but needs to prove a lot more before he deserves such hyperbole. I'm sure Judd himself would agree.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:In the World Championship final he played a standard of snooker that I have never seen before. If he can replicate that, then no one stands a chance against him.

It was fantastic, brilliant, but I’ve seen better snooker. In a World Final? Maybe not. But I’ve seen better session performances and even match performances. This World Championship he put in two brilliant sessions before the final, but before that I hadn’t seen anything to suggest he’s on another planet to anything we’ve seen before. He’ll have to replicate it quite a few times if he wants to be put in a similar bracket to the likes of Higgins, Sullivan and Hendry.

Postby Ace

Pink Ball wrote:Trump is probably the most naturally talented player since Sullivan, but I highly doubt he’s going to take any of the top records, never mind a lot of them. I think he’ll be a multiple world champion and an all-time great, but if you expect more than that, you’ll be disappointed.

Trump is far more naturally talented than Ronnie. Ronnie said on Eurosport that Judd's best game is better than his, Hendry's and Higgin's.

Ronnie has never played like this or dismantled opponents like this. 7 centuries and 15 breaks over 50 against Higgins of all people, no one has done that. Judd can win 7 world titles if he wants to now or break Ronnie's triple crown records.

The shackles are off, be prepared of what's to come!

Postby Ace

vodkadiet1 wrote:Let's not forget he was rubbish against Thepchiaya and was very, very, lucky.

But no one would've stopped him from QF onwards even if he faced Ronnie and Selby. He was too good and rises to the occasion against a top player all the time.

See the Masters final vs Ronnie. 10-4.

Postby Ace

Has anyone dismantled Ronnie 10-4 Masters final and 18-9 Higgins at a World Final in such a brilliant, sort of perfect snooker way? This is better than the time Selby beat them two in 2017, Judd did it in style and in a way where his opponents couldn't do anything about.

Postby Wildey

I Will be taking a very close eye on this thread lets not have a fall out this guy is entitled to his opinion however if it gets over the top theres a big problem i will not have goading on here.

Postby Wildey

and just for the record this is what Hendry fans had to put up with now the shoe is on the other foot and i will not tolerate goading Ronnie fans in this way.

Postby Iranu

Ace wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Trump is probably the most naturally talented player since Sullivan, but I highly doubt he’s going to take any of the top records, never mind a lot of them. I think he’ll be a multiple world champion and an all-time great, but if you expect more than that, you’ll be disappointed.

Trump is far more naturally talented than Ronnie. Ronnie said on Eurosport that Judd's best game is better than his, Hendry's and Higgin's.

Ronnie has never played like this or dismantled opponents like this. 7 centuries and 15 breaks over 50 against Higgins of all people, no one has done that. Judd can win 7 world titles if he wants to now or break Ronnie's triple crown records.

The shackles are off, be prepared of what's to come!

Ronnie has dismantled opponents on numerous occasions. He finished his Shanghai Masters final against Kyren with something like 97% pot success. His Madters final performance against Ding was unplayable, his 8-0 session against Hendry in 2008 Worlds was unplayable. There are so many examples.

Hendry made 7 centuries in a best of 19.

About 70% of what Ronnie says is nonsense, and that includes what you’re referencing about Judd.

Judd was awesome, but there have been better performances. It does him no favours to suggest this was the best snooker ever seen.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:and just for the record this is what Hendry fans had to put up with now the shoe is on the other foot and i will not tolerate goading Ronnie fans in this way.

This is not only about Ronnie. Its about Hendry and Higgins as well. They also have played better than Judd, or at least just as good as Judd.
Last edited by Holden Chinaski on 10 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ace

Iranu wrote:Ronnie has dismantled opponents on numerous occasions. He finished his Shanghai Masters final against Kyren with something like 97% pot success. His Madters final performance against Ding was unplayable, his 8-0 session against Hendry in 2008 Worlds was unplayable. There are so many examples.

Hendry made 7 centuries in a best of 19.

About 70% of what Ronnie says is nonsense, and that includes what you’re referencing about Judd.

Judd was awesome, but there have been better performances. It does him no favours to suggest this was the best snooker ever seen.

Yes but Judd did it against Ronnie and Higgins and Judd did it in a best of 35. Better caliber of opponents than Kyren and Ding.

Postby Ace

Wildey wrote:and just for the record this is what Hendry fans had to put up with now the shoe is on the other foot and i will not tolerate goading Ronnie fans in this way.

Hi I am not goading anyone? I just posted an article about Judd's standard to discuss. Not my fault if Ronnie fans don't like it, but of course that's why we're here to debate.

Postby Ace

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ace, have you seen Ronnie against Hendry in 2004? Ronnie against Higgins in the 2005 Masters final?

I have but I don't see the commentators or snooker players ever talking about that.

But they talk about Judd's final as being the best ever. Even Higgins in his post conference said it's the best standard he's seen same with Davis, Hendry, and even Ronnie himself. He said it's better than his own game.

Ronnie has a lot of pride, he wouldn't say such thing if it wasn't true.