Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump is snooker's greatest talent

Postby Pink Ball

Ace wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ace, have you seen Ronnie against Hendry in 2004? Ronnie against Higgins in the 2005 Masters final?

I have but I don't see the commentators or snooker players ever talking about that.

But they talk about Judd's final as being the best ever. Even Higgins in his post conference said it's the best standard he's seen same with Davis, Hendry, and even Ronnie himself. He said it's better than his own game.

Ronnie has a lot of pride, he wouldn't say such thing if it wasn't true.

Have you not listened to commentary? They’re probably the two most referenced performances of Sullivan’s career. And yes, his 17-4 over Hendry was better than what Trump did at the weekend.

Postby SnookerFan

Ace wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ace, have you seen Ronnie against Hendry in 2004? Ronnie against Higgins in the 2005 Masters final?

I have but I don't see the commentators or snooker players ever talking about that.

But they talk about Judd's final as being the best ever. Even Higgins in his post conference said it's the best standard he's seen same with Davis, Hendry, and even Ronnie himself. He said it's better than his own game.

That's a joke, right? He talks more garbage than anyone on tour.

Did you believe he was going to start a breakaway tour with Higgins, Hendry and Stephen Lee as well?

Postby Wildey

Ace wrote:

That is the problem Comentaters, Pundits are fickle the only performance that counts is here and now facts are nobody will ever know the truth

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Judd did a number on them this season. He is the current form player for sure.

However, he has been crap for a couple of seasons at least.

Let the the dust settle and sea what transpires next season. Personally I hope that he does build on his success but I wouldn't want to stake my excellent reputation on it.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Ace wrote:

Have you not listened to commentary? They’re probably the two most referenced performances of Sullivan’s career. And yes, his 17-4 over Hendry was better than what Trump did at the weekend.

lets be honest yea it was a great performance from Ronnie but 17-4 was flattering it after 21 frames it could have been 13-8 or 12-9 some of the pots hendry missed was unbelievable and as for his long potting cant remember many going in

the more Hendry missed the more confident Ronnie got and in the end people only remember what Ronnie did which is fine but they forgot how it came to be like that.

Postby Iranu

Ace wrote:

When Higgins won his 4th world title, Steve Davis proclaimed him the best snooker player of all time. You can’t trust pundits. They have short memories.

Ronnie regularly says that Higgins and Hendry are the best players ever.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:That charity final between Ronnie and Hendry was amazing as well. The one where Hendry got a maxi in the final frame.

That really was a special match

Hendry went 8-2 up then scored only 83 points in the next 6 frames as Ronnie came back at him only for Hendry to stroke in a long pot and finish it off with a 147 for a 9-8

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Ace wrote:

When Higgins won his 4th world title, Steve Davis proclaimed him the best snooker player of all time. You can’t trust pundits. They have short memories.

Ronnie regularly says that Higgins and Hendry are the best players ever.

Just like us Pundits get caught up in a moment and then talks bullocks

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Ace wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Trump is probably the most naturally talented player since Sullivan, but I highly doubt he’s going to take any of the top records, never mind a lot of them. I think he’ll be a multiple world champion and an all-time great, but if you expect more than that, you’ll be disappointed.

Trump is far more naturally talented than Ronnie. Ronnie said on Eurosport that Judd's best game is better than his, Hendry's and Higgin's.

Ronnie has never played like this or dismantled opponents like this. 7 centuries and 15 breaks over 50 against Higgins of all people, no one has done that. Judd can win 7 world titles if he wants to now or break Ronnie's triple crown records.

The shackles are off, be prepared of what's to come!

What garbage are you talking?

Ace wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie has dismantled opponents on numerous occasions. He finished his Shanghai Masters final against Kyren with something like 97% pot success. His Madters final performance against Ding was unplayable, his 8-0 session against Hendry in 2008 Worlds was unplayable. There are so many examples.

Hendry made 7 centuries in a best of 19.

About 70% of what Ronnie says is nonsense, and that includes what you’re referencing about Judd.

Judd was awesome, but there have been better performances. It does him no favours to suggest this was the best snooker ever seen.

Yes but Judd did it against Ronnie and Higgins and Judd did it in a best of 35. Better caliber of opponents than Kyren and Ding.

Hahahha. Playing against two 40ish players.

Ace wrote:

Commentators do they job. Overhyping things in the present and forget what happened in the past.

I think you are a troll.

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Ace wrote:

Commentators do they job. Overhyping things in the present and forget what happened in the past.

I think you are a troll.

you cant have it both ways they overhype Ronnie a lot too and have done a lot over the years.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:In the World Championship final he played a standard of snooker that I have never seen before. If he can replicate that, then no one stands a chance against him.

utter nonesense. As usual from you. Did you start watching snooker from 2014 on?

I think he did. Maybe later than 2014.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:you cant have it both ways they overhype Ronnie a lot too and have done a lot over the years.

This is true. But it is also true that Ronnie has done a lot more than Trump to deserve this kind of hype.

Postby Holden Chinaski

sas6789 wrote:O'Sullivan of 2004, Hendry of 1993 and Higgins of 1998 would all have beaten this years Trump.

Indeed. In other news: the sky is blue and water is wet.

Postby Ace

Pink Ball wrote:Have you not listened to commentary? They’re probably the two most referenced performances of Sullivan’s career. And yes, his 17-4 over Hendry was better than what Trump did at the weekend.

I have. People usually reference 2013 Ronnie but I don't see anyone mentioning 17-4, which was of course great by Ronnie but Hendry wasn't at his best and he didn't play on the same level as Higgins who scored 8 50+ breaks including 4 centuries, Judd matched it and overpowered it.

As Higgins said Judd can not just overpower the opponent but the table too which is HEAPS of praise, he wasn't missing anything apart from balls once he finished off the frames in one visit.

Postby Ace

SnookerFan wrote:That's a joke, right? He talks more garbage than anyone on tour.

Did you believe he was going to start a breakaway tour with Higgins, Hendry and Stephen Lee as well?

Yes he does but he can also talk sense. Do you believe Judd's peak game is better than Ronnie's?

Why would Ronnie lie? He's giving his opinion as a pundit, not as a player.

Postby Ace

Ace wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie has dismantled opponents on numerous occasions. He finished his Shanghai Masters final against Kyren with something like 97% pot success. His Madters final performance against Ding was unplayable, his 8-0 session against Hendry in 2008 Worlds was unplayable. There are so many examples.

Hendry made 7 centuries in a best of 19.

About 70% of what Ronnie says is nonsense, and that includes what you’re referencing about Judd.

Judd was awesome, but there have been better performances. It does him no favours to suggest this was the best snooker ever seen.

Yes but Judd did it against Ronnie and Higgins and Judd did it in a best of 35. Better caliber of opponents than Kyren and Ding.

Hahahha. Playing against two 40ish players.

That's not fair because Ronnie won 5 titles this season and 2 final losses were only to Judd and he's been having the most accomplished career of his life with 10 titles in 2 seasons.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Ace wrote:

I think you are a troll.

you cant have it both ways they overhype Ronnie a lot too and have done a lot over the years.

Wait.

You think MDG overhypes Ronnie?

All he does is tourist him off, and say he's playing like rubbish.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I would admit it if it was true but it's not. Judd has not played better than prime Hendry, Ronnie or Higgins. I've seen those players play superior snooker. Not a couple of times, but lots of times. Even when Judd was playing his best frames, he kept making it hard on himself by losing position.

Postby Ace

Holden Chinaski wrote:I would admit it if it was true but it's not. Judd has not played better than prime Hendry, Ronnie or Higgins. I've seen those players play superior snooker. Not a couple of times, but lots of times. Even when Judd was playing his best frames, he kept making it hard on himself by losing position.

I agree his cue ball control is not as good as Ronnie's, Hendry's and Higgins but that makes him more dangerous because he can pot them from anywhere and at any angle. Others need tight cue ball control. If you play a good safety then they'll have to crack in a long pot or something to get back in and this comes with a miss but against Judd safety doesn't work since he can pot them from everywhere, long pots go in like they're second nature to him + making big breaks no matter how he goes about it.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:you cant have it both ways they overhype Ronnie a lot too and have done a lot over the years.

This is true. But it is also true that Ronnie has done a lot more than Trump to deserve this kind of hype.

Hype is Hype and over doing it is the same no matter who the player is