Post a reply

Re: Whirlwind Eau Du Parfum

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:Why would anybody spend £295 for a watch?

I wouldn't pay that if I was a millionaire.

That's not a lot of money for a decent watch. With the discount it's £197. You could pay a lot more for worse.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:

That's not a lot of money for a decent watch. With the discount it's £197. You could pay a lot more for worse.

Really?

I don't know enough about these things. Ain't worn a watch since I was a teenager.

When you say decent watch, are they any more reliable?

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

How good does a watch need to be though?

Even £200 for a watch is just a shameless display of wealth.

Postby Ash147

I'd always pay more for a good watch. If the build quality is better, and it keeps the time properly, it's worth paying more for. Less expensive watches often feel cheap, and don't keep the time as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:I'd always pay more for a good watch. If the build quality is better, and it keeps the time properly, it's worth paying more for. Less expensive watches often feel cheap, and don't keep the time as well.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I'd always pay more for a good watch. If the build quality is better, and it keeps the time properly, it's worth paying more for. Less expensive watches often feel cheap, and don't keep the time as well.

Stop stealing my facebook photos.

Postby SnookerFan

Why are the women's watches all less than £30, and the men's are all £295?

Same reason that a women's haircut costs like 6 or 7 times as much as a men's I suppose.

Postby Ck147

Can't argue with that, got a nice watch for my last "big birthday", in a similar price range, love it, never had to adjust time on it, looks good, fits nice, etc. When I wear it, ladies want to be with me and men want to be me. Well that's what I think, my missus just laughs. But in all seriousness finding my self agreeing with Ash on this one, a decent watch is well worth it, couldn't see myself spending that sort of money on a smart watch which will only last a year.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

This thread is a revelation and just shows that you are never too old to learn!

So basically what we are saying is that things that are more expensive are often of a higher quality. See - I had never thought of that. Does it apply to other things like cars and houses or is it just watches????

Mods - any chance we could open up a 'Tips' section on the Island for nuggets such as this else they may get lost amongst the snooker talk.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:This thread is a revelation and just shows that you are never too old to learn!

So basically what we are saying is that things that are more expensive are often of a higher quality. See - I had never thought of that. Does it apply to other things like cars and houses or is it just watches????

Mods - any chance we could open up a 'Tips' section on the Island for nuggets such as this else they may get lost amongst the snooker talk.

Passive aggressive.

Postby TheSaviour

Hipster beards, silly hats and portugese accent - the Europeans were arriving.

But then. They were, in short, a bunch of lunatics and pirates.

So the Whirlwind going against this kind of a behaviour?

Or how about bakso? A Basic Indonesian noodle and meatball dish, once a favourite food of Barack Obama rofl rofl rofl .

Hipster beards, silly hats and portugese accent lol.

But the Dutch were not in mood to let it go.

The history of Eau Du Parfum. The history of thinking which we are now witnessing. How long this one will hold? But Jimmy ALSO can do it all. Just a matter of time, and important not to have too many options where to choose from... And why. Won´t tell that because I am not thinking, I am just writing and claiming to be the next Attila the Hun, a barbarian king rofl rofl rofl .