Post a reply

How many more Triple Crowns will Ronnie win?

13%
7%
No votes
20%
20%
7%
7%
7%
No votes
No votes
10+
20%

Total votes : 15

Re: How many more Triple Crowns will Ronnie win?

Postby D4P

Vallomas wrote:Is it fair for to still count the cutted version of the UK Championship as a "major"?

Discuss.

The major tournaments are whichever tournaments World Snooker decides to label as majors. Players know going into an event whether or not it is considered a major, and therefore they have to deal with the associated pressures that they don't experience with the other events.

So, "Yes", the UK still counts as a major as long as World Snooker continues to label it a major.

Postby TheRocket

If I was Ronnie, I'd take one World title over 10 Masters and 10 UK's without any hesitation. And I'm sure he would at this late stage of his Career.

The real question is. Will/Can he win another World title?

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:If I was Ronnie, I'd take one World title over 10 Masters and 10 UK's without any hesitation. And I'm sure he would at this late stage of his Career.

Can? Yes.

Will? Maybe not.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If I was Ronnie, I'd take one World title over 10 Masters and 10 UK's without any hesitation. And I'm sure he would at this late stage of his Career.

Can? Yes.

Will? Maybe not.

Yes. I tend to agree.

Postby Ace

I voted 6 because I actually think he can win 7 world titles. I also think he will reach 10 Masters titles because it's his playground and the format also suits him plus huge crowd and stuff which gives him buzz

2 world titles
1 uk
3 masters

Postby Dan-cat

Ace wrote:I voted 6 because I actually think he can win 7 world titles. I also think he will reach 10 Masters titles because it's his playground and the format also suits him plus huge crowd and stuff which gives him buzz

2 world titles
1 uk
3 masters

Balance.

Postby Ace

Dan-cat wrote:
Ace wrote:I voted 6 because I actually think he can win 7 world titles. I also think he will reach 10 Masters titles because it's his playground and the format also suits him plus huge crowd and stuff which gives him buzz

2 world titles
1 uk
3 masters

Balance.

I would like Judd to take over the Masters from Ronnie so he could have a home tournament to fall back on where the crowd is always on your side but Ronnie will add more I think. All greats always have that one tournament associated with them I don't know what Judd's could be but I would prefer it to be a triple crown event, maybe the UK?

Postby D4P

Ace wrote:All greats always have that one tournament associated with them I don't know what Judd's could be

I think Judd will always be most strongly associated with the Championship League, which he has won a record 3 times.

Postby Ace

D4P wrote:
Ace wrote:All greats always have that one tournament associated with them I don't know what Judd's could be

I think Judd will always be most strongly associated with the Championship League, which he has won a record 3 times.

hahahaha nice joke

come on dude, I like and have said a lot of good stuff about Ronnie

Postby Ace

But it's true Judd has a very big mountain to climb

Ronnie has 7 UK, 7 masters and 5 world titles

Judd has 1 each, I'm not sure if Judd can associate himself with one of them but I hope so

Postby D4P

Ace wrote:Ronnie and Hendry have won TOO MUCH it just looks so hard :-( :-( :-(

By my count, they have combined to win 21% of all ranking events ever played and 28% of all Triple Crown events.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:The Masters and WC stand alone for me.

Agreed. I think the UK just feels like another generic event now. The likes of the Shanghai Masters, International Championship, Players Championship, Tour Championship, and China Open are all superior to the apparent third major.